Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim burning to death for no good reason...

I just entered a house. It's the 6th day of Fall, in Windenburg. It's late, but it was a sunny and cool day. Still my sim is about to burn to death from too warm clothes in the sun. So many details are wrong here, cold clothing should not kill anyone on a cool day, even if they are not needed to stay warm. Hours after sunset the sun should not result in anyone burning up on a cool day. End of Fall should be considered safe when it comes to avoiding burning up from hot sun... Logics are lacking here...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited July 2018
    That is strange... The game sees temperatures so:
    • Cool and Warm temperatures are supposed to be neutral temperatures, meaning that sims should wear their everyday clothing. It seems like to the game, these temperatures mean that it's between cold and warm and fails to see the differences...
    • Cold and Hot temperatures are supposed to be strong temperatures, meaning that sims should wear either hot weather or cold weather clothing (otherwise it can be fatal). Sims are safe from temperature indoors.
    • Freezing and Heatwave temperatures are supposed to be extreme temperatures, so these hot weather and cold weather clothing is required. Sims indoors are affected, so thermostat or fireplace is required.

To be honest, when I feel a little cold outside, I will soon get uncomfortable in my warm clothing and want to remove it. It happens slowly due to the fact that the body movement causes the body to warm up. Usually when I start to warm up too much during the cool weather is when I walk.
    If that happened slowly, I won't agree with lacking logics. However, if that happened fast (in few hours or some), I'd agree with you.
  • XbitsandpiecesXXbitsandpiecesX Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a similar dilemma: Two of my sims were overheating inside during the winter. I had their thermometer and outfits changed to suit their needs, however, they both died. Later, on a different save, I had a party during the spring: I'm not even joking; 10 of the sims that arrived died from overheating (I know because I added a few of the ghosts to my household). I have no clue if my game is bugged or if the seasons pack is just extremely sensitive, but whatever is going on is somewhat frustrating yet also entertaining.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I think there is a problem with the thermostat. I have been checking to see if anyone else was having the problem. I thought it had something to do with the athletic wear but I am not sure. My Sim was at the gym inside burning up. My sims were burning up in certain parts of the house. If your thermostat is set properly, no one should be overheating. I think something happened during the last patch.

@SimGuruNick Can you please look into this?
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2018
    It gets even stranger with vampires. My newest vampire works in business and does not yet have the sun resistance powers. He is indoors all day at work, and I send him to work with a full energy bar. Occasionally, he’ll experience “sizzling skin”, his energy bar dives to 1% and he gets a bad moodlet that affects his performance. The second he comes home though he’s at 90% energy and “fine”. Of course, that’s because you cannot die in a rabbit hole. But it’s still affecting gameplay and his work performance. So there’s definitely a few glitches with how the game handles the sun’s affect on various sims.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    Some simmers have found that their sims get the “ burning to death” moodlet if they have multiple cups of coffee or tea within a short time. This may be one if the causes of the Sims getting the moodlet and /or dying.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Some simmers have found that their sims get the “ burning to death” moodlet if they have multiple cups of coffee or tea within a short time. This may be one if the causes of the Sims getting the moodlet and /or dying.

No coffee or tea for my Sims. I usually don't have a tea pot or coffee pot in the house because of sim obsession. There is something going on but I am not sure exactly what it is. One simmer said to turn the thermostat on and off and that seemed to have cleared up my issue so far. I am still testing.
  • mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    Was the forecast for mystery weather? I've had issues with my sim being initially dressed appropriately in cold weather clothing based on the little icon under the clock saying cold but I hadn't checked the actual forecast until I got a notification that my sims was burning to death and the weather had switched to hot. I checked the actual forecast and it said mystery weather so that's why it went from cold to hot on a late fall day.
  • CaptainKaytCaptainKayt Posts: 3 New Member
    The same thing happened to me! Indoors, it was fall, and I changed into summer clothes to stop it. He died. Same game file. The next sims day, it happened to my husband I change into the nude instead and he lives. I recorded it and uploaded the video to see if others have similar experiences and know how to stop it. I can't post links but it's on youtuve titled" Sims 4 Weird Death: Sims Dies of Heat Exhaustion Indoors without Physical Activity".
  • CaptainKaytCaptainKayt Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry Youtube
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I love seasons but they really did a poor job with this, sims dying from heat or cold all the time in my game. its becoming annoying.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• felblossomfelblossom Posts: 14 New Member
    This makes me anxious to read... I don't have Seasons for Sims 4, but am contemplating getting it. I remember in Sims 2 how my sims would drop like flies for pretty much no reason due to seasons. Pretty annoying when playing a legacy challenge and all of your heirs would either burn to death or get electrocuted for being outside during fall.
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    I know this is months late, but I'm having issues, too. My sims were hot from being outside. So I put them in their warm clothes and took them indoors. Still burned to death.

My replacement sim is now freezing to death in her own home.

I don't know what to do.
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I know this is months late, but I'm having issues, too. My sims were hot from being outside. So I put them in their warm clothes and took them indoors. Still burned to death.

My replacement sim is now freezing to death in her own home.

I don't know what to do.

A fireplace is great for winter. As for overheating Sims, if you do not have children the naked outfit works best, my Sims in oasis springs can now sleep without overheating since i discovered the naked outfit. With kids, thermostat is properly your best option although expensive to use.

• ApplePersonApplePerson Posts: 3 New Member
    I know I'm years late, but again, one of my sims almost burnt to death indoors while wearing a hot weather outfit and after I bought a thermostat and set it to cool. I finally fixed it by going to the weather settings and unchecking 'enable temperature effects on sims'. I checked it again and the sim was alright.
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Some of my Sims who have the Heatproof trait still get the uncomfortable moodlet from heatwave.. Another glitch maybe
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Some of my Sims who have the Heatproof trait still get the uncomfortable moodlet from heatwave.. Another glitch maybe

Heat Proof does not mean "not getting uncomfortable. It means "Not getting a heatstroke".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It is and it was happening at Simfest at night.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Its Spring in my game, its been cool weather for several days. My sim is indoors. Out of no where she gets the burning to death moodlet. I immediately bought the heat acclimated trait (can't afford the higher one yet), changed into her hot weather clothes (even though its cool outside and shes inside) she still died. I quit out and my last save was right at the beginning of her over heating. Now I've done the same as above, taken a cold shower, bought a thermostat and set it to cold. No change. Used a cheat to buy the heatproof trait, took a second cold shower and walked outside of the apartment door and she finally returned to normal.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    My god, this is still broken? Or did it break again in a recent patch? Holy sheet, this game is a hot mess right now. XO
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults