Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐ŸŒŸ Pangaea, A New World โฃ

Comments

• Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @Rflong7 I'll have to try that out! Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Small update. Mostly trying to get the city done. I need to write things down (lot sizes/types) and not think I can remember every little thing. :lol:

This is the horse area. There isn't a road, mostly some large lots (4).
    KRKXDyM.jpg

The desert area with some plants. You can see the road where there will be a few lots. :)

BOxfqjr.jpg

EcFTX2W.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

I really love this world with the varied terrain styles The horse area is fantastic I am going to use a mod to run a horse stables and possibly make the desert looking area a little more gambling western style again with a horse theme, not sure yet but looking forward to making it that sort of world would love to know what other players may be planning :)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Thanks! @SPARKY1922 I was thinking about using some of the plants from Lucky Palms in the desert. Just wasn't sure if I should or not. But, I guess I'm supposed to build it for myself and then share. :lol:

I've redone the city layout at least 3 times. This world won't have all the lots but there will be room to add more. So, I hope that's a good thing.
    I want this not to be about Every Lot but more of different terrains to play and tell stories in one world.

I hope to have a few pictures of the city. Long way to go to get it right but it has a beginning. :cookie:

*Oh, I plan on using my small lot (64x40) with the Combined Store venues in it. Less lots but still lots of stuff. It will have some stuff packs- Town life.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Okay... I got bored messing with the city- Why won't lot ideas fit?! - I went and played in the Volcano. :mrgreen:

Tell me what you think- be honest... should I keep the suggestion of lava? :sweat_smile:

aJ1O0A4.jpg
    *I see the snow covered mountain peak in the distance. Made me smile. =]

Kwbj66u.jpg

X0RDX5G.jpg

oramFYH.jpg

More trees? Bigger trees than the Tropical trees? Suggestions will be heard. :cookie:
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Yes! Keep the lava! That's amazing!
  • Options
    @Rflong7

I love how you are designing your new worlds lately with varied terrain in differing areas/themes which really works because on the one world map many play styles can be accommodated without themes looking out of place as your various area placing leads naturally from one into another which is not possible in my humble opinion when playing EA worlds where my play style dicates one world one theme. For example in your Supernatural world I jump from playing vampires in one area into fairies/genies in another then werewolves/witches in another plus mermaids on the beach so I am truly enjoying being able to do that in one world map and can already see your new world looks like it will offer a similar gameplay style which I am really looking forward to :)

I am not certain I could offer any advice on foliage in the desert (or any other area) lol as I think you know I am so crap as such things but you are not and I am sure by the time you finish it will be as wonderful as your worlds always are :)

I adore the volcanic area it's gorgeous is so reminds me of Twikki island in S2 a little (which I am going to assume you were going for anyway-) I would defo want to make some sort of vacation style area here.. :)

Would it be possible to have a few lots here even if they are off road? campsite? Is that a resort a boardwalk style lot you placed there? Personally I am going to make this area as much like S2 as possible lol what about ruins, pirate ships?

I probably wasn't very helpful (sorry-) however I love what you are doing so i can hopefully provide enthusiastic support :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    Lurker here: I love following this. That volcano area is divine. Iโ€™d certainly keep the suggestion of lava and would also vote for more trees there. To keep it realistic smaller trees near the volcano?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Another vote for keeping the lava. And for more trees. This is looking like so much fun.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Yay! Thanks so much for the suggestions. @ZeeGee @SPARKY1922 @JoAnne65 @suzses :cookie:

I agree. More trees but less at the Volcano. :mrgreen:

There are two more lots in that area right now; a 64 in the back and a nice dock on the beach. There will be room to add some if required.
    That is a resort from Beach City and it's a rebuild of a Twikkii Island lot. :smile:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Small update. Mostly trying to get the city done. I need to write things down (lot sizes/types) and not think I can remember every little thing. :lol:

This is the horse area. There isn't a road, mostly some large lots (4).
    KRKXDyM.jpg

The desert area with some plants. You can see the road where there will be a few lots. :)

BOxfqjr.jpg

EcFTX2W.jpg

Love this. It looks like the African Savana.

I can't wait for you to finish this world.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Okay... I got bored messing with the city- Why won't lot ideas fit?! - I went and played in the Volcano. :mrgreen:

Tell me what you think- be honest... should I keep the suggestion of lava? :sweat_smile:

aJ1O0A4.jpg
    *I see the snow covered mountain peak in the distance. Made me smile. =]

Kwbj66u.jpg

X0RDX5G.jpg

oramFYH.jpg

More trees? Bigger trees than the Tropical trees? Suggestions will be heard. :cookie:

I think the volcano look great. The building are giving me sims 2 vacation vibes XD I think more trees would look great.
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    Everything seems to blend so well, even despite fact, that there's so much climat zones. :smile:
    And I never thought that black beach would look so good. :sweat_smile:

For me it's kinda weird cause I first place lots, and then trees. I change my mind many times during making worls, so I place trees and plants, when I'm sure that location of lots will not change. :tongue:
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hospital again so I missed the launch of your new world. It has a lovely name and I love what you have done with the desert area <3<3 Beautiful work which is going to make a lot of simmers very happy indeed :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Mr_DeaconMr_Deacon Posts: 83 Member
    50 yrs old and I giggled with glee when I saw you had a new world up on the exchange. It's being installed as I type and can't wait to move my equestrian fairy couple with all their horses & dogs to Elysium ! Love the flat open areas.I remodeled the Rookery from the bin as their house and I spied a lot across from the Equestrian Center that looks perfect for all of them ! Thank you so much , Rflong ,for your time and patience in creating this for others. Big hugs to ya! Now off to Elysium ! :):p

I'm a bit older than you and I feel the same way about a new world by Rflong! ;)

But, how did I miss Elysium ? Is there a link to the download in this thread?

• Options
    Good Morning :mrgreen:

Okay~ Thanks so much for the feedback. I agree. I also wanted taller trees but I'll take these and add some more. I don't want a sidewalk but a trail in dirt would add something, imo. :)

@06Bon06 Thanks! I wasn't going for the Sahara but that's okay. The building (Resort) is from my Beach City and it is built after a Twikkii Island lot. :mrgreen:

@chojrak Thanks! I hope the black beach works. I was thinking of placing more beach sand on the resort lot but I not yet.
    Yes, I place lots before trees, too. They get moved around the more I work it. It might not look like it. :lol:

@Bettyboop55 I'm so sorry to hear you're back in the Hospital. :( I hope you get better fast. :hugz:

@Mr_Deacon Hi! :mrgreen: Elysium was a request world which I didn't have to build but 2 lots- they're all EA lots. It's not really much- just a large, Flat map which I was able to sneak in a small waterfall. It does have almost all the Store Venues in it. :lol:
    It's in my Studio; there's no post for it but I guess I should.
  • Options
    @Rflong7

That was very naughty of you uploading a new world called Elysium without telling us lol

do you mean this waterfall? :) it's beautiful and I just moved my family into the house adjacent it's actually one of my favorite builds from EA (which is unusual for me-)

XSBEwog.jpg

TXFk9fz.jpg

and who would not want to explore the boardwalk style of things to do near the beach :)

ZrQ7CZK.jpg

I also love this style of lot for living near the beach so lucky palms style :)

j3XObcG.jpg

I love worlds this size that can accommodate almost any lots I desire :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 Well, Uhm, I only built 2 lots (beach and park) so all of the lots are EAs. I hope all the dive lots/hidden islands work because I didn't build them either. :blush:
    Makes me feel like I cheated so I'm a little hesitant about it. I did try and give it variety and some personality. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Rflong7

Well you made the world so that's something lol :) I will try test the diving spots out and let you know and I am sure other players will provide feedback as well :)
  • Options
    This probably isn't the place, but I couldn't get it to install. Any ideas? I have most of the store and all EPs and SPs. I get the 'little brown box' icon in the launcher instead of the picture of the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    This probably isn't the place, but I couldn't get it to install. Any ideas? I have most of the store and all EPs and SPs. I get the 'little brown box' icon in the launcher instead of the picture of the world.

A little brown box when it shows as downloading? :(
    I would delete that download and make sure to clean it out of your DCBackup/Downloads folders. Save as to your computer, install it then.
    I'm installing/downloading now. *It downloaded fine. I can only guess it's your Connection/Browser...? :(
  • Options
    @Rflong7 That's very possible. Internet is lousy here. Thanks for the advice. I'll try again.
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    Just thought I'd take a stroll in the CAW forum after 492 years of being away. I haven't played Sims3 for over two years. But I just found this thread and oh my gosh @Rflong7 it's so awesome to see you've been working on this world. It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished and try it out!
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    You are getting better and better. This world is gorgeous! The terrain is beautifully made and I love the views. I hope you also share this empty.
    (with lots already placed of course :D ) I can't wait to build in this world.
  • Options
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thank you so much! @Lucky25 @Dutchysim :hugz: :cookie:
    I haven't been playing much these past few weeks. Probably won't play much until the new year.

I was wondering about using some Store World items. The Tropical plants from Sunlit Tides and the few plants from Lucky Palms.

With the Yucca-
    s1Z030e.jpg

I haven't installed Sunlit Tides yet. It's got more plants and I'd used them in CAW without know it. I probably will anyway. I want to see the mesquite in the world instead of the Cinnamon trees (the cinnamon is in the picture). :)

I do have some of the City lots placed. There won't be all the bars, maybe only 2 in the city and a few scattered throughout the world. :)
    otCXwhJ.jpg

I'm removing the dome from the world map and putting it on a lot. I like the free Alien rocks and will probably use them on the lots.
    QMKamGr.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top