Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    @TadOlson wrote: »
    @Rflong7 -It's fine if you don't feel that you can safely use the pond tool and it might be something to do with the version of the base game as mine was a 2011 release while yours was 2009.I feel that saving to new files each time has been necessary since that time a world glitched from EIG saving errors and I had to revert to a back up folder.

:)
    It has nothing to do with the version of my game, it's CAW and it works on all the games. It's the pond tool with SuperCAW.
    Everyone who has built a world with CAW has had to go back to an earlier save at one time or another. Doesn't mean Save as has to be used each time we save. CAW makes a backup each time you save. I let it save 5 ... and then it will delete the oldest.
    Save as just makes you rename the files, it doen't correct any problems the world might have in it. Just like we don't have to rebuilt routing all the time. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Save as just means you can correct problems by going back if anything went wrong as you worked on the world and I've know EIG to be very prblematic for throwing errors in saving and had tended to not use it much because of that while the pond tool is a hot or miss on wether it will work or ruin your world.You would know right away if the world was corrupted as it might not even export from CAW or might export and open in new games though not save properly and you might find saves from a corrupted world might not load or crash once it loads.Logan had exported fine and it's been loaded and reloaded from saves almost a hundred times without issues which means I got lucky as a few other have done using the pond tool.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Is that a plum plumbob @Rflong7 ? Love it! Could be an eggplant, I suppose . . .
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @suzses I thought the same, a plum plumbob :)
    @suzses @ZeeGee Thanks! It is supposed to be a Plum Plumbob. :mrgreen:

@Rflong7 -It looks like we both need to get back to work on our worlds in CAW.
    Hi :)

I know it's been about a month but I haven't forgotten nor have I quit.

Today I messed with water planes trying to get 3 waterfalls. I'll be on it again tomorrow. I have never been able to get them to work more than 1 but I have 3 right now- they just disappear when I save. It's not because the middle is in the land (which I already knew about) but they might be a little too close. I'll work on them tomorrow and if I don't get it that way, there will be lakes on lots. :lol:

Thanks for the patience. :cookie:
    @Rflong7 -Thanks for reminding me to get back to work on my Riverview makeover in CAW as it's not going to take too long and might help somebody here who's looking for a world that won't be a burden on their computer.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    :) Good Luck getting it sorted.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Patiently waiting!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Rflong7 Love those waterfalls! Beautiful. Glad you got it worked out.
    Thank you! ~ @bekkasan :mrgreen:
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    Oh girl! You slayed those waterfalls!
    So pleased it worked for you. Beautiful <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

The waterfalls look fantastic glad you managed to get it sorted.. love the Avi is this from your studio as I am sure i have one downloaded that looks similar which will be going into my wacky scientist area of your supernatural world :)
    @Rflong7 -Great work so far!I still have some work to do in my project.
    edited October 2018
    Hi :mrgreen:

@PurpleRoses @Bettyboop55 -Thanks so much! :cookie:

@SPARKY1922 Thank you and yes- she's in my Studio. It's Saraphina but maybe different clothes. :smile:

@TadOlson Sounds great! :)

*Today I have to paint so I might not do much. It depends how fast it goes. :lol:
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I really like where you're going with the waterfalls :) Glad you got it to work out.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    This is looking great! love mountains!
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks! @suzses @Springfairy556 :cookie:

Today I've been doing a little bit of the plains and the Beach. It's been so hard not to add a ton of trees and plants. It always has been for me. :blush::sweat_smile:

So, lots of pictures today. Break time for me. I didn't get my painting done yesterday. :grimace:

Up to the plains
    3y78VlV.jpg

vX9oDBu.jpg

3nNzTsY.jpg

2uQYaNL.jpg

A4x02ct.jpg

Looking from the plains off the cliff to the lake
    kUAONHG.jpg

YuitR8Z.jpg

SrYTcm2.jpg

A little more in the top waterfall
    LmZt1hZ.jpg

Beach area
    8vkzC94.jpg

aLmiw8H.jpg

Higher view
    aqaMrgu.jpg

Suggests are always welcome. :mrgreen:

Gorgeous <3 the way the light plays on the beach particularly attractive.

Sim enim est vita
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    *Sings* I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Beautiful pictures. Will sims be able to route to one of the waterfalls like a small or large park area?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

absolutely stunning pics I really love the differences between terrains in this world very creative :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top