Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @06Bon06

Having just gone into game your pics shown above are the same for me in my game now I am off to try test the routing for a little while :)

Hi @Rflong7

I placed a family in the centre of town city/port area with no vehicles in their inventories, the kids got to school fine and then I sent one adult out into other areas of the map but before I mention the test so far I just had to take a pic of that little city area with such a beautiful backdrop :)

v5BIVfJ.jpg

next I sent my sim to the swamp areas from the city, he took a taxi to the end of the road and then ran to both the swamp port and swamp fishing area lots no problems..

or6nek1.jpg

I then sent my sim from the swamp location to the following area on the map just above the top of the swamp area and he ran all the way no problem..following the blue lines

OYPSnsC.jpg

I then sent my sim to the elixir store are of the map and he took a taxi and then ran from the road and went into the store and around the adjacent 🐸🐸🐸🐸 camp no problem..

soWNDGy.jpg

I then sent my sim to the equestrian centre on the roadless trail and made him go up and down the trail and also to other areas around the same areas and experienced no problems.

5Db7Xms.jpg

I then tried to send my sim from the city home lot to the icey port area but no amount of clicking visit port of visit the other dome lot worked the request just kept dropping from my sims que..so I sent my Sim back to the swamp fishing area and instructed him to visit the icey port and he did by using a water taxi to the icey port lot.. then ran to the dome lot when instructed no problems. I then instructed my sim to go home from there and he ran along the trail as awfully shown on the next 2 pics-)

RkXl2hc.jpg

Mfhgwty.jpg

I have no idea why my sim would not/could not travel to the icey port from his home lot but would from the swamp area although my sim used the boat taxi to get to the icey port from the swamp area but ran up the trail from the icey port back out into the swamp area then taking a taxi when going back home-)

I apologize for the awful drawings on pics as I have hardly every used this function before so it looks a mess but you get the idea.. :) Also if you are not after this sort of reporting back just let me know how you may prefer me to do it as I understand you may have a different preference..

I will continue to test more when I have some further time :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thank you so much @06Bon06
    Hehee- floating trees. I knew they'd be somewhere. :lol:
    Yes, those sidewalks do that. I'll look into changing it.

@SPARKY1922 Wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to draw it out. Routing can be funny in the game. They pick some weird ways to get to the same place.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thank you so much @06Bon06
    Hehee- floating trees. I knew they'd be somewhere. :lol:
    Yes, those sidewalks do that. I'll look into changing it.

@SPARKY1922 Wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to draw it out. Routing can be funny in the game. They pick some weird ways to get to the same place.

I know, i had the same problem with my roads. I forgot how i fixed it because i got it working correctly.
    Been looking around a bit, it's so beautiful :O I still need to play test but I've been busy building
    lGqaZS9.jpg
    yw54t7D.jpg
    suwlIms.jpg

Does anyone know what causes this?
    nhYIhCn.jpg
    @06Bon06

lovely pics I agree it's a stunning unusual world I love all the terrain changes and the way they roll into one another without looking out of place at all.. :)

A very long time ago I seem to remember having a similar problem with not being able to add or delete floor tiles and replace them (I am assuming that is what you are asking?-) but could not remember how I did it but I just found some info on another thread that might help..

"I dont have the game but I remember the simsupply answered it. Build walls around around the tile then delete the tile then walls. Im sorry if it doesnt work its been awhile since i heard him say it"

another player answered the above with the following:

"Though it is a pain, making walls aroung the tile(s) that you want to delete, and then removing them, is the only way that I know of to do this. Maybe fences will work instead of walls, but I haven't tried that, yet. If anyone else knows of another way, please post!"

The full thread is below: it appears there is no easy way :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776548/help-how-to-delete-single-floor-tile
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    Been looking around a bit, it's so beautiful :O I still need to play test but I've been busy building
    lGqaZS9.jpg
    yw54t7D.jpg
    suwlIms.jpg

nhYIhCn.jpg

Hi :)
    Thanks for sharing pictures. :mrgreen:
    If you remember how to fix the corners I'd love to know. I would normally not use the corners or just not use those sidewalks but I like the line separation for sidewalk/road.
    I don't know what's happening? Are the tiles floors or the ceilings tiles? :(

Thanks for helping~ @SPARKY1922 :cookie:
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @06Bon06

lovely pics I agree it's a stunning unusual world I love all the terrain changes and the way they roll into one another without looking out of place at all.. :)

A very long time ago I seem to remember having a similar problem with not being able to add or delete floor tiles and replace them (I am assuming that is what you are asking?-) but could not remember how I did it but I just found some info on another thread that might help..

"I dont have the game but I remember the simsupply answered it. Build walls around around the tile then delete the tile then walls. Im sorry if it doesnt work its been awhile since i heard him say it"

another player answered the above with the following:

"Though it is a pain, making walls aroung the tile(s) that you want to delete, and then removing them, is the only way that I know of to do this. Maybe fences will work instead of walls, but I haven't tried that, yet. If anyone else knows of another way, please post!"

The full thread is below: it appears there is no easy way :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776548/help-how-to-delete-single-floor-tile

Sorry i should've been clearer. The problem is those light lines. They appease when I put the windows in though i suspect they were there without the windows too. They are on the exact same spot on both floors.
    @06Bon06 How strange. Is it on that lot only? Maybe lot specific... I haven't seen it before. :(
    Did the link help?

@06Bon06 wrote: »
    lGqaZS9.jpg
    yw54t7D.jpg
    suwlIms.jpg

nhYIhCn.jpg

Hi :)
    Thanks for sharing pictures. :mrgreen:
    If you remember how to fix the corners I'd love to know. I would normally not use the corners or just not use those sidewalks but I like the line separation for sidewalk/road.
    I don't know what's happening? Are the tiles floors or the ceilings tiles? :(

Thanks for helping~ @SPARKY1922 :cookie:

You're welcome. Thank you for the beautiful world you are making
    They are floor tiles. zig zag wooden ones. Maybe i should try changing the tiles.

I'll got check my world.'s roads since I'm pretty sure mine did that with the road i used too
    edited December 2018
    @06Bon06 How strange. Is it on that lot only? Maybe lot specific... I haven't seen it before. :(
    Did the link help?

I will check both probably only tomorrow and hopefully something works.

Edit : thank you both.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @06Bon06 Do you have ceiling tiles above the lighter areas? Sometimes some of my ceiling goes missing. I haven't seen what you have there, but it seems like there is more light in those areas.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @Rflong7 A house as promised. It's on a 30x30 - 3 bed/3 bath family style home. (I didn't download your world so I put it in an empty Sunset Valley 2, where there are mostly nice flat lots.) I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with everything yet, but I took some pictures anyway. I was trying very hard to not use Store content, but I'm not sure yet I haven't. Usually with me something manages to sneak in there, so I thought I'd try a test upload to see what the Exchange says is in there.

46427755081_5e504acfdb_c.jpg

44611223360_07023df575_c.jpg

Interior pics in spoiler
    FIRST FLOOR

44611227370_9359faf8f1_c.jpg

46377349782_bb3ddfef6c_c.jpg

45704888984_a540f5ea8b_c.jpg

46377353172_47be3a392a_c.jpg

32555932378_0d77b8d6d0_c.jpg

46377357342_be4dbe850f_c.jpg

32555942108_2035217138_c.jpg

46377363992_ede0f3f5d1_c.jpg

SECOND FLOOR

46427763391_44b8d6ed6b_c.jpg

31488295907_f3d80e3996_c.jpg

45515271835_25546ab6df_c.jpg

45515282615_5f52d3a43e_c.jpg

45704922384_2db0a7c253_c.jpg

32555975778_7c58ecb1db_c.jpg

45515294445_2422fce962_c.jpg
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @06Bon06

I am so sorry I thought it was the floor tiles at fault not the light shining down on them from some sort of possible ceiling/roof issue :|:)

@suzses

Your build is stunning I love the design and your interior decoration that is not too cluttered but still striking and functional :) This is going in other worlds as well for sure download and rec soon as the exchange starts working again :)>:)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2018
    Beautiful pictures! And that's so awesome, people are testing things for you. Can imagine you become a bit 'blind' when you're working there, new eyes see more.

I'm about to open my game to start working on that tomb. Still not sure if I'm going to pick the jungle or the mesa (going to do some googling first for inspiration), I'll let you know as soon as I have (and what lot size).
    5JZ57S6.png
    @suzses That's Wonderful! I love the layout and decorations. Thanks so much. :cookie:

@JoAnne65 Cool! I'll be patient; I know these things take time. :mrgreen:
  • Mr_DeaconMr_Deacon Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2018
    @ suzses: Love that house, but unfortunately I can't seem to download it. :(
    Thanks @SPARKY1922 and @Rflong7 . So, now that I've slept :p I see the last thing I did was put the glass dragon's egg on the sideboard at the front entry and I know well and good that it's from the Prism Art Studio. If the studio is being used in the world, I could leave it there, or if not, I'll just put in something different, although I was running out of ideas. I was struggling to find decor that wasn't from the Store. Almost everything I reached for was. :D I did think, though, that not being too overdone was a good idea for a world build, both in terms of how it loaded and it gave a variety of people space to do some things they'd like.

Things I wasn't crazy about were the shape of the roof over the front porch, how the siding worked out around the back and the left side of the lot, and I wasn't sure I liked the linen cupboards by the shower/bath in the downstairs bathroom (which you can't really see in anything I provided except if you squint at the overhead). Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

I think I will upload a test of it as is, so if anyone wants it now, it will be up in my Studio for a day or two.

I'm now also wondering where the pattern for the bedspread in the master bedroom is from . . .
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Mr_Deacon wrote: »

Thanks @Mr_Deacon - that's because I haven't uploaded it yet. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Mr_DeaconMr_Deacon Posts: 83 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    Mr_Deacon wrote: »

Thanks @Mr_Deacon - that's because I haven't uploaded it yet. :)

Hehehehe...OOOPS! :)

@suzses The Art Studio is being used and most of the Venues- mostly in one or two lots so they're easy to track to remove if someone doesn't want them.
    You don't have to NOT use Store stuff but if you can limit it to Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, and the venues, that'd Perfect. Oh, and Mid-Century stuff- iirc. :)
    Oh, and the Free Stuff. :cookie:

I wouldn't remove all the store from ya. I can't even keep it from myself. :blush:
    @Rflong7 I was just trying to make it as easy as possible for you :) I did pretty good according to my upload, which incidently doesn't even mention the glass dragon egg . . .

There are a few things in there I'll swap out. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do differently - I'd be happy to.

Here's the lot download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9274247 . It's titled "TEST ONLY," in case anyone comes across it in my Studio, and I thought I'd just leave it up there a couple days at most.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @Rflong7 What about the stuff packs? I wasn't sure if you were using them, so I was trying to avoid them, too, but I see something from three of them sneaked in there. It gets hard to differentiate between the little icons after I've been squinting at the catalog for hours.

(I am on patch 1.69 so I CAN eliminate packs/expansions when I log in. I hadn't because it wasn't going to help with the Store content, and I didn't think about stuff packs right away.)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @suzses wrote: »
    Rflong7 What about the stuff packs? I wasn't sure if you were using them, so I was trying to avoid them, too, but I see something from three of them sneaked in there. It gets hard to differentiate between the little icons after I've been squinting at the catalog for hours.

Thanks for trying to make it easy on me, I appreciate it. :Hugz: :blush:
    Use the Stuff packs, if you want. I've got them all installed. :mrgreen:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2018
    @suzses That's Wonderful! I love the layout and decorations. Thanks so much. :cookie:

@JoAnne65 Cool! I'll be patient; I know these things take time. :mrgreen:
    They certainly do, because I'm a perfectionist :mrgreen: I've started and chose the 30 x 30 lot in the mesa (the one higher up). Building it in Lucky Palms, seemed appropriate ;)

Yc5nzXs.png

That's it so far. It contains one toggle and three tomb markers, many more will follow :blush: I am trying to use as much basegame and WA stuff as possible because I figured people who download your world may not have every pack? Or is that really not necessary? Already cheated by using Store windows I must confess, it's so limiting, building with restrictions. But if I have to I will obviously.
    5JZ57S6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top