Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    The strip mall is where its at!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Hi! I see your using stuff from the carnival store set.If I don’t own the set do you think the world would run?

I can't speak to every set or ep item, however from first hand experience if something is missing from your game that a builder used one of the following happens: replaced by similar/random base game item, omitted al together.

This is Rflong's Industrial island at the time I was sharing my hubby's pc and all I had installed is the base game, Riverview, and some mods.
    screenshot-2_orig.jpg
    There is a bridge missing from the larger island to the smaller one. Car's would still route across as if a road was there. Which was funny to watch.

The only time I started running into problems was after 5 or 6 generations, even with mods, which is fairly standard to most worlds.

I hope that helps some. :)

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

You know I never thought about something like this until I saw your pic I would have also found it funny to watch my sims driving over an invisible bridge too :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

You know I never thought about something like this until I saw your pic I would have also found it funny to watch my sims driving over an invisible bridge too :)

not over ;)

Down one cliff, across the water, and up the other cliff. lol :p

There should be pic's in the thread for I.I., let me go look.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    Amazing New World! Wow!

I've been gone so long from sims 3 that you've gone and created a stunning new world....and it's pretty much exactly what I longed for. I love starting a sim out in a land-rich, bank-poor scenario in a rustic setting. This world has so many options to chose from for starting out! Then I adore selecting someone from generation two or three to start over on a houseboat and travel the world--taking in new sights while diving to make a living.....this world will be perfect!! (as long as there are pathways from the ocean to the various areas -- and it looks like there are plenty of paths). I'm so excited to get back into sims 3 and weave a new multi-generational legacy in this breath-taking world. My excitement is a ten on the exclamation mark scale. !!!!!!!!!! <3
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The strip mall is where its at!

Hi! :mrgreen: Thanks. It's little place to add the comic book store, the Simbot store, an arcade, and a little place to eat. :)
    I know not many have the Renault recharge station I've used but I just love that little thing. It's cute. :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn g I've seen that happen a few times with bridges. Not always but sometimes. :lol:

@Starsaphire2 Thanks so much. That's so sweet. I hope I can finish it soon. I think it's just the dive lots - which I'm not very good at building.:(

I hate to say it, I haven't been able to find anywhere to add hidden islands (lots). I don't know why I thought I would, - no hidden islands. :(

I finished the Academy (it's a small version of EA's lot).
    IoYBogn.jpg

I finished the one beach. I wanted to keep it nearly empty- more can be added when played.
    7li9XWO.jpg

Most of the Magic Village is done. I have one room with nothing... besides the hidden rooms. There are only a few furnished 2nd story rooms. :)
    vflGSP9.jpg

MiKOzoV.jpg

4KhAWc7.jpg

5Wq2Z1z.jpg

Vf8o7UT.jpg
    I think I might have filled it too full of stuff. :(

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow I can finish a dive lot. Thanks for checking it out! :cookie:
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just dropped by to check on the updates. Everything is looking really good! Still really looking forward to it!
    Also, I see we have an oldie but goodie for your pfp. : D
    @Rflong7

I just adore the multi lots you have been creating recently you can never put too much in one lot for me personally as the more the better lol :)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I beg to differ. You make fantastic dive lots!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @Rflong7 it's a very hot day where I live and the beach you have created looks so inviting :) The landscaping behind the beach looks fantastic too. As for Magic Town it looks just right with the level of detail you have added. Would love to wander round there as well as the beach :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited July 2019
    Woot! The lots are all done. :doeshappydanceinchair: :lol:

Now, testing.
    Mostly, I have to find a name. I am thinking about getting some pictures and posting for suggestions in General section.
    I'm looking for something which is interesting for the whole of it and not something like Longview, because that makes it sounds like a town. :)

I had a problem with the boats leaving the docks but that was a easy fix. I need to check if pizza will be delivered and then check every lot. :(

*It's a lot bigger, file size, than I expected. There are only 105 lots, maybe l04. I'm not sure if I removed or added or if it equaled out when I added 2 hidden lots. :confused:

**Question: Should I populate the world?
    If yes, would you donate a Sim/family (no CC)?
    :cookie:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    Yaaay! It's almost here! Good luck with your testing. Hopefully everything turns out fine.

I wish I could help you with the name thing, but I'm just not very creative with that kind of stuff.

I would love a populated world, but I also can't promise I would be able to donate any Sims or families. If you can't get it populated, that's fine too. I have families saved from other worlds that I usually just drop into any unpopulated worlds I have played.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly!
    Thanks @PurpleRoses :mrgreen:
    I have a Lot of Sims, mostly females though. Not many 'Ordinary Sim' Sims. Mostly Colorful and not everyone wants them. :lol:

*I forgot - Thanks @Bettyboop55 for your sweet comment. :cookie:
    Yay, looking forward to seeing the finished world.

As to populating world's, I like both populated and unpopulated.

Feel free to borrow any Sims you want from my studio for populating purposes. I have a range of Sims from generic to rainbow/berry and a few supernaturals. There might even be some with some skills.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Oooohhhh .... *jumps up and down with excitement* ... the end of waiting in anticipation is close <3 🍪🍪🍪

I'm sure if you'd decide to upload a populated world as well everyone who's been looking forward to this world would be only too happy to donate some sim families. :)

Sounds a great idea to ask the general simming community for help with finding a suitable name ... someone is bound to come up with just the right suggestion for this awesome world! :D x
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Yay, for progress and hitting milestones! I, too, like the idea of asking the community for help with naming. As for populated, I usually go for unpopulated, but I'm sure a lot of people would love to have it that way. While I don't think of myself as a great sim maker, I'd certainly be willing to help out with a household.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited July 2019
    I cannot wait either although it will take me away from my available time I am playing in IP and supernatural worlds-) I would prefer a non populated version of the world if that is possible? but if not I will still of course play :)

Just edited because I realized you asked for sims but thought you would already know I am as bad at making those as I am at building :)
    Great news :) Good Luck with the testing too :)

How many sims do you need ? When you put out your post for a name perhaps an appeal for non cc sims could be made at the same time ? I'm sure people who are excited to play your new world will be happy to help.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    Thanks for the Sims and the opinions! I'm working on the pictures while my Sim runs around. :lol:

It's easier to make an unpopulated world. :)

edited July 2019
    Hi :)

Well, like always happens, I hit that point where EIG will crash because of the amount of Store and the number of lots. It was working last night and I thought I'd have it done (a few small fixes in EIG) and I'd have it up today. Of course, that didn't happen.

Plus, I am having a hard time concentrating on testing one part, such as dive lots, without getting distracted and moving on to another part, Showtime lots.

I figured it was time to let the community help me test. I hope anyone who has some time and wants to explore the world will report any problems they might have so I can fix them.

This world does have a base camp so your Sims can test it while on vacation, if you want. :)

Pangaea
    tNAuqNu.jpg

It's on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/g46xufzvrk9utmi/Pangaea.Sims3Pack/file

Thanks for all and any help. I hope it works well and you have lots of fun. :mrgreen:

You can share any pictures with me, if you want. :cookie:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    <3 it's beautiful, a lot of happy simmers are going to love your creation and appreciate your hard work :smiley:

Sim enim est vita
    Thanks so much, @Bettyboop55 :mrgreen:
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    OHMIGOD YES!!! @Rflong7 I love you and I'm about to go play this, I've needed Pangaea in my life since you first started posting screenshots :smiley: such an incredible looking world! I'm fangirling so much right now! I'm a huge fan of diversely landscaped worlds <3 Yay!!
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have my Sims running around all the buildings, these may be intentional but though i would check. The little house on the Nectary the door is locked, i unlocked it and Sims had no routing issues in there. The local watering hole, is really nice but the upstairs is inaccessible.
    RrFW7o4.jpg
    The coffee shop next door, the Batista can not access the Batista. The world and new buildings are really nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top