Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @suzses, I love your base game only house. You make building them look so easy. Perhaps I should challenge myself to do that.

I expected it to be hard and kind of depressing not to use all the things I usually do, but building this was actually a lot of fun. Only having a limited number of choices was rather freeing. :D Only issue for me was I couldn't figure out how to stop it from showing store content and there are some sneaky things in the catalog without the store symbol.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Thanks! @SPARKY1922 :mrgreen:
    Yes, I left a few empty spots to add a small lot if someone wants it and there are 3 other lots- a large empty lot, a medium lot, and a dock.
    I want to add a tomb there for fun.

I've run into a problem. The game gives a small freeze when I tell my Sim to go home. She lived in the Jungle and was visiting the city. Then the game told her she couldn't get to the jungle. I know she can get there because there is not only a path but the water taxis are available. I can send her to the river right before the jungle area and Then she can get home.
    I'm wondering if I should put a road in to the small river through the horse area.
    There's a small land bridge with a sidewalk that crosses the river to the Jungle which should make it easy for the game to guide her. I think the game can't figure it out because it's too far.... but that doesn't make sense. :(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Absolutely gorgeous! It’s a jungle, there should be many trees and when you double click your sim you can just follow them. Zooming in will make the trees invisible, there’s no downside to it I think? I also love the glacier falling into the sea.

I saw your world have been tested, haven’t had time to read it yet but I certainly will. You already have someone who’s going to make a tomb for you?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Okay, maps, nice.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

as a player who has tested your supernatural world extensively because I had never played any type of roadless or to be specific half roadless world before the only negative I experienced was the length of time it took some sims to get where they were going but I can put up with that because I love the world and how it all plays out but I have never experienced any other glitches due to areas of the world being roadless so honestly if it was possible for this area of your new world to remain roadless I would be ecstatic because I love this sort of diversity in your new worlds however if you cannot find a way around the glitch I humbly ask personally if it could be kept as close to your original concept as possible but that's just me and how I love to play but you have to take all players into account :)
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @06Bon06

Thank you so much for those links all downloaded and honestly I was kind of sure (almost) that you were the creator of a small nightclub (club Ultra) I use in all almost all of my worlds because of the size and how much you managed to fit into that lot so perfectly (before your lot I was continually using the one from hidden springs cannot remember the name-) but I did not mention it earlier in case I was wrong but now as I saw this nightclub in your studio as I was downloading the others I can finally say thank you so much for that most used lot :) and of course the others I have downloaded as well :) do not worry about pics on the wall of your own sims I consider that an added bonus :)

@SPARKY1922

Aww I'm glad you've been enjoying it. I created it for Isla Paradiso due to the lack of space in that world. I actually completely forgot about it until now, now I'm downloading it to see what I've done.

@Rflong7 Now that I've been reminded of this lot, you are free to use any of the few lots on my studio, just tell me so I can remove the store content XD
    I'm honored to have it in your world. Do you still want a spookier build? If so on what lot size? I love building smaller lots so I'll happily build some community lots if you need them. :)

I'm so seeing an outlook park lot for the jungle area. I think it is beyond gorgeous, but if there is a problem might suggest adding a dirt road then so it still matches? I guess it'll only be needed to get on the island?
    edited December 2018
    Thank you, @JoAnne65 :mrgreen: I have been testing the routing, not really testing the world yet. :)
    I was thinking of making the tomb myself. Do you want to make a tomb? I have at least 3 lots I wanted to add tombs. :)

@BilmoBlampkins Thanks. :)

@SPARKY1922
    Thanks for your suggestions. I don't want to add many roads because I want to keep it more open. I have added trails, of course. Most are invisible in game view but visible from a distance; map view/distant rendering. :)

The trails/sidewalks
    pkLQUxq.jpg

Close view
    s2wj6Pu.jpg

I was thinking to add a road to the country area but then thought a subway would work to connect them. Until I realized townies won't use subways. I could add one to a hidden lot but still, there would be tiny freezes unless NPCs could find their way around. Which seems hard for them. :(

0FhJqND.jpg

ifVuB8d.jpg

@06Bon06 Thanks so much for the lots! I will let you know. :mrgreen:
    A rundown house would be great. I guess it would depend on what style of rundown? Such as a spooky house which would fit more in the woods or a rundown house like abandoned in the suburbs, or a spooky house like in the desert. I'd take one of any. :)

How about if I let you all check it out and tell me what you think? It's a long ways from finished but feedback is always helpful. :)
    edited December 2018
    Okay... if anyone wants to check it out here it is- http://www.mediafire.com/file/woua00d6wdkwwtw/Coastal_Jungle.Sims3Pack/file
    If you download it I expect some feedback; be it routing, placement, lots... opinions on it. :)

Like these- What? That's messed up. :lol:
    jM3CKgK.jpg
    FaOU7uJ.jpg

I haven't edited the ini files.

Remember, this isn't final, it's doesn't even have all the lots placed much less built. :)

*It has many of the Venues and the Ford Skydiving. Plus, Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    Jungle looks awesome! :smiley: I'm not that brave to put trees in such a density in my game. :tongue:
    Glacier area is done or you gonna add some trees and lots? :smile:
    chojrak wrote: »
    Jungle looks awesome! :smiley: I'm not that brave to put trees in such a density in my game. :tongue:
    Glacier area is done or you gonna add some trees and lots? :smile:

Thanks! :mrgreen: I've checked most of the routing in the Jungle for broken lines (most because I don't think I've added any more trees).
    The Glacier is kinda done. I want to finish building or rebuild the research lot because I have an idea for it to look more interesting. I also left room for people to add lots if they want them there.
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I’d like to create a tomb if that would be welcome! What building style and lot size would you like?
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yes, I’d like to create a tomb if that would be welcome! What building style and lot size would you like?

Well, it would be up to you.
    I would like one in the Jungle- Jungle style (not the big lot). ;)
    One in the desert, like a rundown Government building.
    One in the Glacier area.
    Plus, one on a Mesa cliff- there are 2 hidden tombs there. Small lots.
    I haven't built the Nectary and I always add one there.

So, whatever you want would be Fantastic. :mrgreen:
    Oooh, choice! And I like those themes. Going to look into it this afternoon, I’ll let you know and reserve a spot. Got a week off next week so time enough to build one :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
    @06Bon06

You managed to fit so much into that little club it fits in any world (modern style) where space is not a premium for a bigger lot of the same style it was in my folder entitled "most often used" but no creator name so i was glad to re find you :) I have a little side project going on now where I name the creator to a folder and add the lots with a pic and size so when I search for lots to use in my worlds they come up easily..

@Rflong7

so pleased to read you will be keeping the trail areas mostly as they are.. :)

I love that pic of the trail view and would defo be using that as a horse riding area with a mod that allows sims to run a stables.. I am also loving the S2 vibe of the other builds that whole area will be perfect for vacationing sims I just hope that this glitch can be resolved as it seems weird to be experiencing this especially after you made your supernatural world with similar terrain/routing yet I never experience any glitches there?

@Rflong7

so pleased to read you will be keeping the trail areas mostly as they are.. :)

I love that pic of the trail view and would defo be using that as a horse riding area with a mod that allows sims to run a stables.. I am also loving the S2 vibe of the other builds that whole area will be perfect for vacationing sims I just hope that this glitch can be resolved as it seems weird to be experiencing this especially after you made your supernatural world with similar terrain/routing yet I never experience any glitches there?

This world is larger than SNI and this world only has a road leading to half the map. It leaves the other have with trails only. Which makes the game search for way to the farthest place. I don't have too much routing paint to keep Sims off. Only in places where it doesn't make sense to go, like a cliff or very steep hills. =]

Have you downloaded it to see how it plays?
    Hi @Rflong7

Larger than SN :o wonderful love that idea and the idea of only one road in the centre of the map I am really hoping that works out but no I have not downloaded it to try it out yet because I have been waiting for my PC to go to my techie for some work so have not been playing much at all lately waiting for that which is going to be later today with a return date of later tonight or tomorrow then when I have time (as I have not wrapped one single present yet-) I will download just let me know how you would like me to test it is there any specific actions I can make that would help or would you just want me to start with a family and go from there?
    Hi Rflong7

Larger than SN :o wonderful love that idea and the idea of only one road in the centre of the map I am really hoping that works out but no I have not downloaded it to try it out yet because I have been waiting for my PC to go to my techie for some work so have not been playing much at all lately waiting for that which is going to be later today with a return date of later tonight or tomorrow then when I have time (as I have not wrapped one single present yet-) I will download just let me know how you would like me to test it is there any specific actions I can make that would help or would you just want me to start with a family and go from there?

Sorry, I didn't know. :(
    Nothing specific to look for - routing, looks, problems, things I missed like floating trees or fish or lots... :)
    Hi @Rflong7

No panic I found earlier the problem is a fan situated on the top of the desktop case which was making loud noises when attempting to work and as this part is still under warranty I emailed the company just after I found out but I am not sure how long it is going to take for them to send me another one however as a replacement does not cost so much (thank goodness because I was panicking thinking it was a much more expensive part that had gone wrong-) my tech said that if we go that route he will come fit it quickly xmas or not bless him..I asked him if I could still play my games and he told me yes but not for hours at a time lol so as soon as I get a little time i will download and start to test your world. I have people descending on me tomorrow to pick up all their Xmas presents and I have still not wrapped them so looks like a late night I have run out of time and they simply have to be done now :)

I defo think i would spot a floating trees/fish or rocks lol where were you/are experiencing the big glitch I will test that as well...
    edited December 2018
    @Rflong7
    I was thinking a house that looked rundown with broken windows and so on, But I'd need to use the store stuff for that, so I was thinking of making dark Victorian house that would have secret vampires or something living in it. You know that dark spooy house in the neighborhood no one wants to go near. Maybe even booby trap it and add treasure :open_mouth:

vhouse3.jpg?mtime=20160811093620

edit, I'm downloading your world right now. I've never played a world with less roads
    edited December 2018
    @KALARATRI

lol I never left 3 despite playing series 2 and 4 less occasionally as despite the occasional hiccups there is so much that can be done with the 3 game :)

@06Bon06

Love the look of that house would defo add to my 3 game depending on size? I am the type of player that has one folder for each world I play in so I can play each theme to my heart's content :)

I have just downloaded this world with a save family I have made and used in several test worlds and will report back when I have managed to play for some time :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    edited December 2018
    @KALARATRI

lol I never left 3 despite playing series 2 and 4 less occasionally as despite the occasional hiccups there is so much that can be done with the 3 game :)

@06Bon06

Love the look of that house would defo add to my 3 game depending on size? I am the type of player that has one folder for each world I play in so I can play each theme to my heart's content :)

I was thinking of building it on a 40x40 lot. But if you want i can build it on a 30x30 lot since I only want the bigger size for landscaping reasons.

Post edited by 06Bon06 on
    Awesome! Thanks so much for building this. @06Bon06 :cookie:

Thank you! That means a lot. @KALARATRI :mrgreen:

Thank you for testing it while you can. @SPARKY1922 :mrgreen:
    @Rflong7 I've been looking around your world and noticed a few things I should point out, I don't know if that's how you intended it to be.

This lot is a bit sunken.
    sm1XCgu.jpg

I don't know if this is meant to be or you want it all to be the asphalt- there is a bit that is dirt
    IvOG071.jpg

The intersections look strange
    Qdyz8NN.jpg
    4ULclpp.jpg

The world is gorgeous from what I've seen
    cYx2ZF0.jpg

So I built a park in the middle of the neighborhood, and I noticed some trees floating away XD
    Better plant them before they leave :D

1bUc9VU.jpg

V5BaHEi.jpg

k3itzlt.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top