Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Simpoints ??

I logged on to my TS3 page this evening. I rarely do this. There was a message about free Simpoints which asked me to update my EA terms of usage. This I did. Then my account was credited with 1000 Simpoints.

Have I been scammed ? I certainly find it hard to believe EA would give away so many points for free.

And if it is legitimate does the updated store agreement bind me in anyway to version 1.69? I Sam currently using 1.67 and have no plans to change.

I apologise for asking this question here but I don't remember seeing anything about free giveaways.

Thanks.

Betty
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    That was happening to a lot of people a year or so ago. No idea what it means. Some people got it more than once.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    I had gotten this a couple of years ago where it stated on my page that I had registered the base game as well as World Adventures even though I had gotten them in 2011. The site does this every once in awhile. I think it happens sometimes when they do a maintenance to the site. So it's safe to use them... :)
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @Karritz @lisasc360 thank you both very much. Such a relief. Hubby did calm me down and remind me that I had not let EA keep my credit card details. I did have a coupe of things from the store which I want for my current project so the points will come in handy :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Good for you Betty! I have most of the store and the stuff I don't have, I didn't want. I'm going to go to My Page just to see if I can get the free points too. This way I'll have them...if it doesn't work for me I won't have a meltdown, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.