Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remodeling house - replacing fridge

I'm getting ready to remodel my legacy house and want to upgrade all their appliances. Will replacing the fridge remove all the food in there? I have leftovers and tons of produce from the garden.

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It's been a while since I bought a fridge mid-save but I do remember the food being there still. If I recall correctly, because I am neurotic, I bought the new fridge before selling the old one but you might not need to do that.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I think if you buy the new fridge first drop it anywhere it will clone all the food from your other fridge.Then you can get rid of the other and place the new one.Pretty sure that's how it works.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Yes, I just did it myself. Everything that was in your old fridge will automatically be in your new one.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2018
    The food in the fridge goes bad when placing a home from the bin to a lot. There is also one cheaper fridge that has food in it when you buy it, so after a few hours, that food goes back. (It's an old-time looking one with a rounded top.) Other than that, I have no problems with spoiling food from good fridges.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Note: I am a terrible house builder. But I don't like downloading CC (call me crazy). I truly think if I EVER build a really good house, I will put a copy of it in the bin and all of my sims will have THAT house. Forever. *rant off and goes back to watching my poor Sims deal with their new house*
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    You are so creative! I do find that I can make fairly good houses by looking at shots of what others have done. Thanks very much for sharing!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @CravenLestat Do you share your houses?
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Those are some awesome houses @CravenLestat! Especially like the little log cabin - how cute!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    A random side note: You can also have two fridges on the same lot and the food will be the same in both. So like if your sim makes grilled cheese and you put the leftovers in one fridge, another sim can go to a different fridge and get out the same grilled cheese. Kinda handy with huge households. :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    A random side note: You can also have two fridges on the same lot and the food will be the same in both. So like if your sim makes grilled cheese and you put the leftovers in one fridge, another sim can go to a different fridge and get out the same grilled cheese. Kinda handy with huge households. :D

I wonder if you had a super cheap fridge and a super expensive fridge, would the sim still get the "tastes like fridge" moodlet from the super expensive fridge?
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    I wonder if you had a super cheap fridge and a super expensive fridge, would the sim still get the "tastes like fridge" moodlet from the super expensive fridge?

Wow. That might be an interesting experiment. My guess, it will depend on which fridge the Sim takes a serving from. If from the cheap fridge, it might taste like it. If from the nice fridge, I'd guess not.
  • Options
    I've done that before, with one expensive refrigerator and a second, medium-priced one. The food spoiled more quickly than I expected from the expensive one, so I think the game was using the less expensive one to determine the spoilage of the food. It wasn't a cheap refrigerator, so there was no tastes like fridge moodlet.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @IreneSwift Sorry am late to reply will link some BRB,yes I share them but warn you I go full on using all expansions and lots of store content in builds.But if you own the store and all expansions you are good.

Here you go <3

Whisper Cottage

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9228591

Evergreen Cottage

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9187427

This was not shown above in earlier post but awesome house looks great placed in a bunch of EA towns I made it as a gift for people in the WHIYGT thread.DL link below

dZkogbB.png

Gift House

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8910562

@jaletu2005 Thanks that was early morning right before full on snow happened the transition between fall and white snow trees,

Here was next day evening shot I think,the snow got a lot deeper and my sim made the traditional snowman

ICxaM9I.png
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Thank you. I do have all expansions and stuff packs, except Katy Perry Sweet Treats. I don't own the whole store, but I do own a lot, and I don't blame you for using what you have. The worlds I've made in CAW are loaded with store content, which is part of the reason I don't share them. They wouldn't be nearly as good without any of it. And I do always check the items list of any lot I'm going to download and click the link to add all of the ones I don't have to my shopping cart.

I was hoping you might have that third house in your studio too, the one with the arches leading into the left side. I love the way it looks. I love the ones you did share too, at least the exteriors. I haven't downloaded them yet, but I'm going to do that soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @IreneSwift A few interior shots of Evergreen Cottage above,has a big swimmingpool with waterslide and diving board also laundry area and swingset in back

qPPPJC1.png

77f3iRR.png

Not shown has a seperate dining room

2ChEPXK.png

kDWdjMB.png

As far as the one with the arches got to find the link,It was a gift for a sim friend I made her a Bartender sim whose LT wish was to master mixology and own the bar in town and that house was made for her.

Interior shots of it,will take me a bit to find the link.The dining room is right off the kitchen set on a screened backyard sun porch it is really cute

j34uDWX.png

F9R0aS0.png

She had a visitor come over while I was taking pics and her guest sat to watch tv,it is a pretty latin sim of mine placed in town I made who walks barefoot she is a cutie pie and added her to the house when she visited

D8Y2Bld.png

The view out the dining room sun porch,behind her

dDaXqwa.png
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Thank you. I do have all expansions and stuff packs, except Katy Perry Sweet Treats. I don't own the whole store, but I do own a lot, and I don't blame you for using what you have. The worlds I've made in CAW are loaded with store content, which is part of the reason I don't share them. They wouldn't be nearly as good without any of it. And I do always check the items list of any lot I'm going to download and click the link to add all of the ones I don't have to my shopping cart.

I was hoping you might have that third house in your studio too, the one with the arches leading into the left side. I love the way it looks. I love the ones you did share too, at least the exteriors. I haven't downloaded them yet, but I'm going to do that soon.

I used to have the problem of unwanted EPs and SPs sneaking into my builds. Then I started using another PC with just the base game installed, and I would load in the specific store items I wanted to use for that build, then erase and recreate the user folder with all different items for the next build. Now though, I'm using virtual machines loaded on my main PC with the base game, and one or two specific EPs & SPs, and specific store items.

Hmm, maybe this should go in the obsessed with Sims 3 thread, not this one. ;)