Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5... For or against and reason

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    -More simulation, less doll house.
    -Focus on social awareness and traits instead of emotions
    -Semi open worlds, 10 lots per neighborhood, no loading screens within the neighborhood
    -Similar graphics, but with more detailed meshes and textures and less oversized blockiness
    -Return of the color wheel at the very least
    -memories, interests, attraction system
    -terrain editing and placing lots where you want
    -teens do not look identical to young adults.
    -for the first time ever, weather and seasons in the base game (let packs add seasonal things to do)
    -difficulty levels
    -animated hair
    -transportation: Taxis, buses, cars, trains, motorcycles, bikes
    -That key new innovation that makes TS5 different from 1,2,3, and 4. Maybe it's procedurally generated worlds that makes each one unique to the player. You define some initial parameters and the game builds your world, but gives you the freedom to edit it.

I don't expect TS5 for a while, but I will jump ship if I can get that.
    I don't believe TS4 is going to change dramatically. It will probably just have more stuff added based on the same established systems and perhaps some tweaking to those systems.

These are some things that can be added and or updated in Sims 4. We don't need a whole new generation of the game to spend hundreds more dollars on when these can be added and or updated to the Sims 4. All of these can be fixed with updates, patches and EPs and GPs. In my opinion they would make more in the end by doing these with Sims 4 than having a whole new generation of the Sims released. Like some said above we're tired of having to pay repeatedly for added packs but getting very little for our money.

We aren't getting open worlds, terrain editing, a color wheel, an updated art style, and more sophisticated AI with The Sims4.
    All we are getting is what you would normally expect from expansion packs. Game development is expensive and takes time. They are only going to build off what they currently have and what is cost effective to do. Also technology changes and these games have diminishing returns as the game ages and players get bored with it to the point where they are only left with diehard fans. And then there is also game bloat where the game gets too complex to manage.

The series either dies or we get a new generation.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    If I'm going to be honest I"ll admit that if they come out with the Sims 5 I"ll be one of the first to have it on pre-order and waiting like a drug addict for the download. BUT only in the hopes that the problems we see and wish were fixed in TS4 would be fixed in a TS5 addition. I definitely agree they need to listen to us as the game players more and fix and or add what we have been asking for all along. I honestly believe it wont be for quite some time though.
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The house isn't complete and full of issues. So building another mess doesn't make sense. But if you want to flush your money down the toilet then happy flushing.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I have played the sims from the very beginning and sims4 will be my last one..
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've heard lots of talk outside of the sims series of software being released in less installments and instead just supported longer with updates and upgrades. I am somewhat ok with that, but I do think eventually we will need a new installment. I believe every program should run as long as it makes sense to, but I would like to see a Sims 5 down the road. So there is that happy medium with my opinion.

In the viewpoint of customer dissatisfaction with Sims 4, I do think some of the big points of dissatisfaction would require a great amount of effort to work it into the existing game, so eventually they will need a clean slate and the developers should really take into consideration what we like and what we don't.

So therefore, I am arguing both ways.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've been a simmer for 18 years, I'd of course welcome a TS5. Just like I welcomed TS2 and 3, and eventually 4. I was late to the party with every iteration (now fully caught up as far as packs go, for the first time), and TS4 absolutely have its flaws. I would hate to have 4 end up like 3 did, a laggy (for the most part) buggy mess. I would love for the dev team to actually work on fixing bugs before any new installment is released. I don't think we'll see it within the next few years.

Wishful thinking? Maybe. I can dream. And stay hopeful that TS5 will come, and that it will be a great game.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I have played the sims from the very beginning and sims4 will be my last one..

It might be the same for me, it depends on what they do for The Sims 5, or add to TS4.
    There can be many reasons why simmers won't bother with a new Sims game. I don't want TS4 to end now, (and it won't). There are some things I still want that should make what I have invested so far worthwhile.

-University
    -Witches
    -Farming
    -Some sort of fame
    -Tropical Island Get Away
    -Future Technology
    -Time Travel to the past (maybe)

And that should complete the series for me.
    But I do hope they tweak how emotions work, flesh out trait game play to make sims more obviously individualistic, make whims more interesting, and add more satisfaction rewards to make pursuing satisfaction points more desirable.

Do that and I might not even care about TS5, unless it turns out to be the Ultimate Sims game.
    I want a base game that combines what I loved about TS2, with what I loved about TS3, and what I love about TS4, but avoids, or fixes some of the major drawbacks of those games. If they could do that, then they should make a Sims 5.

I don't want just a trio of new features in a really sparse base game, screaming for expansion packs to be added because the basic game play is boring.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sims 4 was confirmed to stick around for at least 3 more years. The earliest we could ever get Sims 5 is in 2022. Not much can really be discussed about it to be honest.

To me, if Sims 5 can't bring back open world I don't see myself getting interested in it.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 4? Let it be finished. It was started and it shall be completed. It has gained a huge fanbase, the developers are very enthusiastic about it and it still has three more years anyway.

But The Sims 5? They can take all the time they can do develop it. Nobody wants another rushed, underdeveloped game. But still, with EA in charge, it really can be a hit and miss. Sure, they may bring back open world and all that, but it probably won't matter if they do other kinds of bad choices that will make those things not change much in terms of the overall quality compared to the first three games.

I do hope The Sims 5 will be a much better game, but you never know. But right now, The Sims 4 is in the spotlight.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm not ready for a new game yet. I expect the next will be released at some point in the future, but as I see it, the current game still has a lot of potential for expansions and/or overhauls.

Also, something in the next iteration is bound to not please people, and then they will cry The Sims 6.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm not ready for a new game yet. I expect the next will be released at some point in the future, but as I see it, the current game still has a lot of potential for expansions and/or overhauls.

Also, something in the next iteration is bound to not please people, and then they will cry The Sims 6.

I don't know why, but I really don't believe in a Sims 6 and think that Sims 5 would most likely be the last ideration of the game. Just speak it out loud, The Sims 6...it sounds weird in my ears.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have serious doubts if I move on to Sims 5, if or when it ever releases. I will check it out and see what it has to offer, but I am tired of starting over and it taking YEARS to get to a good spot in my game.

For years I have had a love/hate relationship with Sims 4, generally more bordered on hate. But it was my devoted love of the Sims franchise that kept me trying, trying, trying. And, now that Seasons and Pets has released, even though both are not my ideal of perfect, I feel I'm in a good spot with my game.

I'll ride Sims 4 out until the end, but I am not sold on doing this all over again. I've been a devoted sims player since Sims 1 in 2000, buying everything sims put out... I'm tired and not convinced I'm gonna do this all over again and this is the first time I have not been insanely excited for a new series. I might just keep my sims 2, 3, and 4 and call it good.
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have serious doubts if I move on to Sims 5, if or when it ever releases. I will check it out and see what it has to offer, but I am tired of starting over and it taking YEARS to get to a good spot in my game.

For years I have had a love/hate relationship with Sims 4, generally more bordered on hate. But it was my devoted love of the Sims franchise that kept me trying, trying, trying. And, now that Seasons and Pets has released, even though both are not my ideal of perfect, I feel I'm in a good spot with my game.

I'll ride Sims 4 out until the end, but I am not sold on doing this all over again. I've been a devoted sims player since Sims 1 in 2000, buying everything sims put out... I'm tired and not convinced I'm gonna do this all over again and this is the first time I have not been insanely excited for a new series. I might just keep my sims 2, 3, and 4 and call it good.

I think I would buy Sims 5 but my excitement has definitely dimmed from my previous excitement over past generations of the game. All the hope and hype that it was going to be SOOO much better than the last one only to be seriously disappointed. And I"m like you in that I have put so much into my game that it irks me to no end to just walk away and walk on to a new generation leaving my Sim families behind. I seriously hope WHEN they come out with a Sim 5 they take that into consideration and add in some ability to bridge our saves.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > I have serious doubts if I move on to Sims 5, if or when it ever releases. I will check it out and see what it has to offer, but I am tired of starting over and it taking YEARS to get to a good spot in my game.
    >
    > For years I have had a love/hate relationship with Sims 4, generally more bordered on hate. But it was my devoted love of the Sims franchise that kept me trying, trying, trying. And, now that Seasons and Pets has released, even though both are not my ideal of perfect, I feel I'm in a good spot with my game.
    >
    > I'll ride Sims 4 out until the end, but I am not sold on doing this all over again. I've been a devoted sims player since Sims 1 in 2000, buying everything sims put out... I'm tired and not convinced I'm gonna do this all over again and this is the first time I have not been insanely excited for a new series. I might just keep my sims 2, 3, and 4 and call it good.

Thank you for saying this, it pretty much sums up where I have been at with the Sims 4. The base game for this iteration was so bare bones that even the bones were malnourished - and this is the foundation that they continue to build on.

When I get to the point where I am completely done with a game, I just silently walk away and never return - not only to that franchise, but the company that runs it gets completely cut off. I am still finding enough good things to keep me grinding away at the game, and yet that is all it has been lately because of all of the bugs and issues and empty foundation itself.

I am continuing to play with my eyes wide open, only buying at a deep discount because the lack of quality makes it not worth having otherwise. If I had to consider repeating this scenario all over again with another version, my response would basically be OH HECK NO, and walking away. They would have to go back to making the quality content they did in the beginning of the franchise, that was actually worth paying full price for, in order to earn my interest.

If they won't give us the value and experience we deserve as customers, then I too will be done with the franchise and this company. Like I said, I've done it before and when you get to that point with something, it's actually easy to do. Being unhappy and frustrated all of the time in you entertainment is just plain dim, and like they say - fool me once.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I want a Sims 5, but I hope they take a long long time to release it. That way 1) they can take the time to make it a really good, thought-out, fully finished game, and 2) it doenst' feel like I spent so much money on packs for them to immediately become obsolete because S4 has already been replaced.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    In terms of open world, I think Sims 5 could mix what is great from Sims 3 and 4. How about worlds are smaller than Sims 3 and open, but have the ability to bounce between several worlds, as we do in Sims 4? I think this is a fair compromise. Anyone like this idea?
    In terms of open world, I think Sims 5 could mix what is great from Sims 3 and 4. How about worlds are smaller than Sims 3 and open, but have the ability to bounce between several worlds, as we do in Sims 4? I think this is a fair compromise. Anyone like this idea?

I think that would be an excellent idea. At the moment the endless loading screens and time to go "visit" sees me leaving my Sims at home quite a bit and just inviting others to hang out at my current lot. I don't even bother with the things like the flea market and spice fair things of that ilk because I get so little time playing the game itself (mother of 5 with two grand babies I"m a busy woman) I don't want to wait forever to load in a screen to visit for a bit then have to wait forever to load in again. When I do get the time to sit and just play I really just want to focus on my Sims but would like for it to have more of a RL feel. Such as visiting friends and family. I also miss the ability to go buy groceries like we could in the past. But there are SOOO many things I miss from past generations of the game that I would add to Sims 4 if given the chance lol. Open world, create a tool, cars, time travel, fairies, spiral staircases..... I could keep going on and on but I don't think anyone truly cares what WE as players want anymore. So long as we keep paying for empty promises and empty games hoping for the fun of the past they'll keep right on milking us for every penny.
  • NeyMessiNeyMessi Posts: 33 Member
    I don't think I would right now, but my mind will probably change in the future because I love Sims, 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    I'd probably just stick to the packs, since they literally broke everything into separate packs/expansions.
    tumblr_njb7xiN4R21th8zu1o1_250.gif
  • xteamppxteampp Posts: 16 Member
    IMO, if there are no technical restriction to apply new ideas on TS4, another game is pointless.

Now, if you tell me they are working in a complete new engine with realistic graphics... I´m all the way in.
    xteampp wrote: »
    IMO, if there are no technical restriction to apply new ideas on TS4, another game is pointless.

Now, if you tell me they are working in a complete new engine with realistic graphics... I´m all the way in.

I think that's most people at this point. But honestly I'd like to see TS4 come to its full beautiful potential before having to start all over again.
  • vanilleonsimsvanilleonsims Posts: 40 Member
    I would like to see a sims 5 just because there are so many big things I want to see that I don't think it would make sense for them add to sims 4 in an update. However, the thought of having to start the whole process of waiting for a good amount of expansion/game/stuff packs over again makes me not want a sims 5.
  • DoodlebeansDoodlebeans Posts: 75 Member
    I definitely want TS4 to stick around for a while. I'm not ready to give my older sims up, I already have so much cc, and I want to experience all the packs!
    FFRnSKf.png?3

id - simsofbutter
    I would like to see a sims 5 just because there are so many big things I want to see that I don't think it would make sense for them add to sims 4 in an update. However, the thought of having to start the whole process of waiting for a good amount of expansion/game/stuff packs over again makes me not want a sims 5.

I think that's where I"m at right now really. I would like to see it because I honestly don't think their gonna add all the big things I would like to see in the game added into TS4. But on the other hand I'm not really looking forward to starting forward with buying all the packs again. Especially if the base game comes out as empty as TS4 did.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    The gurus just said in the Livestream that they are planning out on 3+ more years of the Sims 4, so it seems like a moot point to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    The gurus just said in the Livestream that they are planning out on 3+ more years of the Sims 4, so it seems like a moot point to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yay for us then! I didn't get to watch the live stream... those darn kids ya know! I actually posted this BEFORE the live stream just to have a general discussion on the merits for or against a Sims 5 game and whether or not Simmers in general feel that there should be a new generation of the game and if so what would they like to see done with it. And if they were against it what were their reasons why they were against it and what would possibly change their mind about purchasing it. Everyone knows its not going to be tomorrow or next week before they release a new generation I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same as me about the possibility of it. Or if anyone was like me and just wished to see the Sims 4 fleshed out completely before even thinking of a new one. Just a nice quiet topic. Happy Simming!