Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5... For or against and reason

I've seen a lot of discussions lately on whether or not there is a Sims 5 due to be released and if so when. Here's my thing. I would rather NOT have a Sims 5 and instead just update and "flesh out" Sims 4. My reason.... I had legacy families on the previous Sims that I wish I could have just continued playing with instead of it being a COMPLETELY separate and different game. And while I do still play those when I am in the mood to jump back to the previous Sims versions it would be so much easier to just continue playing without having to start over with each new generation of the game. So I would rather Sims 4 be updated fleshed out more EPs and GPs than have to restart ALL over again with a completely new game. Then you have to go through the whole thing again of waiting and waiting for things to be added to the game. There are SOOOO many things that could be added into Sims 4 that would completely change the game play. Or even have a way to "bridge" our save games into the new generation. What are your thoughts?
My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me

Comments

• ChesneyChesney Posts: 25 Member
    i aint gonna pay for all these packs just to pay for sims 5 and the packs that come with it too
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    They need to fix what's wrong with Sims 4 first -__-
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2018
    -More simulation, less doll house.
    -Focus on social awareness and traits instead of emotions
    -Semi open worlds, 10 lots per neighborhood, no loading screens within the neighborhood
    -Similar graphics, but with more detailed meshes and textures and less oversized blockiness
    -Return of the color wheel at the very least
    -memories, interests, attraction system
    -terrain editing and placing lots where you want
    -teens do not look identical to young adults.
    -for the first time ever, weather and seasons in the base game (let packs add seasonal things to do)
    -difficulty levels
    -animated hair
    -transportation: Taxis, buses, cars, trains, motorcycles, bikes
    -That key new innovation that makes TS5 different from 1,2,3, and 4. Maybe it's procedurally generated worlds that makes each one unique to the player. You define some initial parameters and the game builds your world, but gives you the freedom to edit it.

I don't expect TS5 for a while, but I will jump ship if I can get that.
    I don't believe TS4 is going to change dramatically. It will probably just have more stuff added based on the same established systems and perhaps some tweaking to those systems.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’m all for a Sims 5. New game, new chances.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m all for a Sims 5. New game, new chances.

Same. And why EA should continue TS4 for over 20 years? You know in the game industry and in our world nowadays industries constantly need to renew. So I'm pretty sure we'll see TS5, even tho you don't want it, a lot of players and me want a new game OP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat if the game was more realistic, honestly (traits making a difference, fears/wants again, attraction system, smarter AI in general). But it would have to have enough content at launch.. not like Sims 4 that I quit playing after a week because it was so lackluster.

But again, it's going to be years at least before it comes out (if it ever does... considering that the future is in free to play/mobile games now... unfortunately).
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    It's more or less sure that TS5, if it's gonna be realeased, will come out atleast in a few years. Even though I currently have great fun with TS4 and there aren't many things I don't like, I would most likely still buy TS5 base game to see how it plays.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • soapsimsoapsim Posts: 18 Member
    I would like a Sims 5 if they somehow completely revamped their current model and actually made a base game that felt complete and not just a money grab. If they completely changed their intent which is doubtful. Otherwise, more likely, if they just mad an even worse base game as another money grab, I would prefer they just keep fleshing out Sims 4.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Neither for nor against. To me it still feels like Sims 4 is far from finished, and I'd like to see them continue developing more content for it. I'm getting older & don't really see myself moving on to Sims 5, but then again I said that about Sims 4. But as long as there will be new generations of simmers, I think they should continue to develop new & better games for them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    If there is a 5 I wouldn't be against it if it were more like sims 4 with elements from 2. Like memories the way they were done in 2. Teens breaking curfew and being dragged back by the police or not. Repo man showing up, social worker showing up. I hate that they have simplified a lot of thing by just having things vanish into thin air. I also liked the difficulties added to the families.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I played TS1, then TS2 was amazing, skipped TS3 for various reasons and now I'm playing TS4. I love this game and I hope it will continue many years. After that, we will see. I might be interested or might not.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I have no strong feelings either way, but I have to say I would have some very serious reservations about production values if there were to be another iteration.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I think there will be a Sims 5 but not anytime soon. Probably after 2020.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’d like there to be a Sims 5, but not for a while. I think TS4 still has so much potential and Im not done with it yet!

This is probably never going to happen, but I would like it if TS5 came with the option to somehow “transfer” our TS4 saved games, families etc to a TS5 format with all progress saved, so we could continue playing the same games (but obviously, with TS5 style improvements).
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    for it eventually if they take away lessons from ts4 BUT not until ts4 has reached its full potential. There is still a lot missing.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Do want a TS5 and I want it to be 100% different from TS4. TS4 leaves so much to be desired....graphically, and gameplay wise. I hope TS5 actually innovates, and takes more from TS2 in terms of scope and concept. TS4 is a hot mess in terms of gameplay. I'm also in favor of a realistic art style, but not necessarily a heavy textured game, I just don't want the cartoon eyes and hair, and I especially want better face animations, and getting rid of the silly animations when sims are talking would be wonderful. I do want some silliness, but lets not overkill the way TS4 does with the faces and floppy arm gesture.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Of course I'm all for a Sims 5, why wouldn't I? I love The Sims. I already play all four iterations of the game but there just never are enough Sims games in this world for me. Sims 4 is far from being finished, partly because it was so lackluster when it was released, and there was so much work to do... But in several years it seems obvious to me that technology and games will have improved and that a new iteration of the game will be badly needed again. Or do you expect to play a 2014 game until the end of the world?
    What is really interesting with each new game also is that it allows you to do different things. As others have mentionned, I really hope Sims 5 will focus a bit more on some of the features that are really disappointing in Sims 4, especially the closed, flat, and unswimmable world xD but also better traits and personalities.
    @CK213 the game you described sounds awesome. I would also add more social interactions and games between sims of all ages instead of needing a giant object for everything... ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Wasn't it just suggested by the powers that be, Sims4 still has a few years ahead of it? I wouldn't mind a Sims5, but it MUST have the quality of toddlers we've been given in Sims4. Babies, too, CANNOT be tethered to the crib. Keep the innovations of this game and go forward. It's very hard to go back just for things you miss in an earlier iteration, but it's difficult to say goodbye to them, at the same time. Innovation is KEY. Give us the BEST of what we've had and then some, please. Computers are advancing, let the Sims game keep pace.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    If they do make a Sims 5, I want the old style humor and more life states and unnatural things to happen. Only having aliens and vampires in this game is getting old.

Also, open neighborhoods. Not a full open world, if they can't figure out how to work that one, but open neighborhoods so going next door doesn't mean a loading screen.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2018
    The sims 4 is what it is. They wont fix it. They didnt bother too much from the start (This aint new anyway), so there is no reason to hold hope for now. Im letting it go and put my thoughts into the sims 5. Gets me way more excited. Meanwhile, its an Ok game now with the packs to play with for me. I can truly understand where other players are coming from and epecially those who cant afford to have the packs that make it somewhat interesting. It aint cheap you know.. it should be fun already for a basegame and packs should be additions to choose from rather from the players interest, then things that are NEEDED and were 'fixed' with packs.

About the sims 5, I will like to see what a fresh new game will bring. I will never get bored of new series of the sims and i believe they will do a lot better then the sims 4 . Geez, i might need to claim a job there. I cant stand the mistakes these devs make sometimes and it looks like they dont come from a true player point of view, but rather.. I think this is what they want? Right? Are they? Look at the horrible and sometimes cringy mistakes they made.. i cant even begin to tell why that bothered me so much. Nd yet they continue to hire devs that make me question very hard: WHY?!

We need a stronger team and devs that are understanding what we want and need and why. I know they cant deliver a lot at once, but if they succeeded in the sims 2, they def should be able to with games later on. Otherwise the team and working method is just to blame.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member

We need a stronger team and devs that are understanding what we want and need and why. I know they cant deliver a lot at once, but if they succeeded in the sims 2, they def should be able to with games later on. Otherwise the team and working method is just to blame.

This I can agree with but also I do feel like the need to list to their supporters/buyers more. Listen to the ideas we have because I do feel like we have pitched a lot of SOLID ideas that have only fell onto deaf ears
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • halpal1212halpal1212 Posts: 30 Member
    I don't think there should be a Sims 5 unless they are ready to listen to their consumers and give us what we REALLY want. Quit pandering to thirteen year olds and give us back the Sims that appealed to the whole family.
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    -More simulation, less doll house.
    -Focus on social awareness and traits instead of emotions
    -Semi open worlds, 10 lots per neighborhood, no loading screens within the neighborhood
    -Similar graphics, but with more detailed meshes and textures and less oversized blockiness
    -Return of the color wheel at the very least
    -memories, interests, attraction system
    -terrain editing and placing lots where you want
    -teens do not look identical to young adults.
    -for the first time ever, weather and seasons in the base game (let packs add seasonal things to do)
    -difficulty levels
    -animated hair
    -transportation: Taxis, buses, cars, trains, motorcycles, bikes
    -That key new innovation that makes TS5 different from 1,2,3, and 4. Maybe it's procedurally generated worlds that makes each one unique to the player. You define some initial parameters and the game builds your world, but gives you the freedom to edit it.

I don't expect TS5 for a while, but I will jump ship if I can get that.
    I don't believe TS4 is going to change dramatically. It will probably just have more stuff added based on the same established systems and perhaps some tweaking to those systems.

These are some things that can be added and or updated in Sims 4. We don't need a whole new generation of the game to spend hundreds more dollars on when these can be added and or updated to the Sims 4. All of these can be fixed with updates, patches and EPs and GPs. In my opinion they would make more in the end by doing these with Sims 4 than having a whole new generation of the Sims released. Like some said above we're tired of having to pay repeatedly for added packs but getting very little for our money.
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    I’d like there to be a Sims 5, but not for a while. I think TS4 still has so much potential and Im not done with it yet!

This is probably never going to happen, but I would like it if TS5 came with the option to somehow “transfer” our TS4 saved games, families etc to a TS5 format with all progress saved, so we could continue playing the same games (but obviously, with TS5 style improvements).

That in a nutshell is one of my main reasons for not wanting TS5. Some of us put TONS of time into our games, builds, legacies and to just basically say ok new thing is irksome to say the least.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No thank you - TS4 will be the last one I spend my money on