Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Randomize Outfit Challenge | Lets see what your game comes up with after 10 randoms

So i was feeling lazy and uncreative today and decided to give the outfit randomizer a shot (I never do, cause giving the game that much control is scary lol). Since her look didn't turn out too bad I thought this may be a neat challenge to share with the forum.

5KvgBkG.png

CHALLENGE

1. Go into CAS or plan an outfit etc.
2. Randomize your sims outfit 10 times (you can exclude hat, makeup, and hair - if you want to play it a little safe / bonus points if you include everything)

cH70DUB.png

3. After the 10th randomize you can change the colors of the items (so they match abit)
4. You can add matching accessories if you like (necklace, earrings, braclets etc.)
5. Post a picture so we can see!

~*~*~*~

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    26.07.18_02-47-36.png
    Seriously, her outfit looked decent the first 9 times, then the last one has to be the outfit literally every randomly generated townie in my game is already wearing lol (really, I can't look at this skirt anymore)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2018
    This was fun and I actually liked majority of the looks I got! Number 10 (below) and Number 2 made me LOL

Here is my result:
    d6cai23vacff.png

Leaving the fabulous nr2 in spoiler :wink:
    wcy6usv3nljb.png
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    SCkmahP.png?1

She would've looked cute if she had chosen different shoes.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited July 2018
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    26.07.18_02-47-36.png
    Seriously, her outfit looked decent the first 9 times, then the last one has to be the outfit literally every randomly generated townie in my game is already wearing lol (really, I can't look at this skirt anymore)

@Huiiie_07 Lmao yea that frumpy skirt only looks okay with like a crop top or something LOL
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    This was fun and I actually liked majority of the looks I got! Number 10 (below) and Number 2 made me LOL

Here is my result:

@EA_Mage I'm probably in the minority but I like her look, she looks like an evil villain or something ;)

Evie0602 wrote: »
    SCkmahP.png?1

She would've looked cute if she had chosen different shoes.

Not bad at all! I agree about the shoes tho ;)

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Ok, I did this with 3 of my sims....

Before
    j0Y0AmI.png

After - Would have been fine with other shoes lol
    NZK8Hie.png

Before
    8GNJ19M.png

After
    5EsTC9t.png

Before
    d0bnJn5.png

After
    XkPArI5.png

• fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    26.07.18_02-47-36.png

I loathe this skirt and that top. It makes me want to stab my eyeballs everytime.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Here is my results. The 10 random outfits, the last one the tenth one then recolored to try and look sort of decent but its hard it she wears knee stockings and socks LOL

fqrqafh.png

Itmucld.png

SHoRXKl.png

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2018
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    EA_Mage wrote: »

Here is my result:

@EA_Mage I'm probably in the minority but I like her look, she looks like an evil villain or something ;)

@Xoxk9 I do agree - this is a good villain look! With a recolor the of the pants and some added gloves she turned into the midnight vampire villain :)
    led3t4srtdq0.png
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I mean it is Friday so I guess the casual wear works, right?

9y338lbvaiz2.png
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited July 2018
    1PnAbr0.png

Here is my first attempt. I even randomized all her facial features.

QH20P3R.png

Here is my second one, this time I didn't randomize her features just her hat, clothes and shoes.

UxYNVoY.png

I think she is cute, the second one that is so here is a closer shot.

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here is my Sim Autumn Winter. She's always looks forward to those two seasons, but it's summer now, so she decided to accessorize to show her enthusiasm for those seasons early B)!
    After the 10th randomization, she was wearing the dress and shoes in green without makeup or accessories. Then, I added hair, makeup and accessories.
    BiZolkm.jpg
    4kkjdXo.png

Two more from me.... the first ones not too bad but the second is a little too much for me (but I'm a plain jane) LOL

MGSYFr1.png

qZXbtZN.png

~*~*~

@kittymeow Cute sims. The last ones not too bad! Reminds me of work attire :)
    @mcrudd The second one and the sixth one I can dig :D
    @EA_Mage Love ittt! She looks like she's gonna start some serious trouble <3
    @EA_Cian Very cute and comfy! I love that his hair matches his pants haha
    @Colorist40 Sweet :blush: If it wasn't for the bunny slippers that last one would be passable haha
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    This is a challenge I can get in on.
    Before: hCgyTiO.jpg
    After:YzRhvCj.jpg
    Not so bad, but definitely would not have recognized her. Sorry if it's not good quality
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here's my most recent Sims. First up is Lyric Hopper:

1. Before 2. Top, Bottom, Shoes 3. All

NxVqcyN.png

I like the top but not really the pants and shoes. I'm very surprised the color of the shoes match. For the All pic, well... it's a hot mess in my opinion. lol I wouldn't choose that hair for her or the dress. I think her athletic outfit actually has those shoes though. Again, they almost color match. I didn't change any colors or accessories.

Second is Lyric's DJ alien lover, Brian Tuttle:

1. Before 2. Top, Bottom, Shoes 3. All

Bm5R1xb.png

I actually kind of like this outfit. For the All pic... again, it's awful in my opinon. I don't like that shirt, the shoes are more suitable for women and the worst part is those mutton chops. Ugh, I hate that beard with a white hot passion. Mostly because it changes their jawline.

Anyway, with Brian I did change colors in both outfits to see if I could make them look a bit better. Below is the result:

ck4YLMJ.png

With this color combination, I can see this outfit maybe working for Brian for a casual party outfit. But it's really not his style. He's a young, hip, alien DJ who I believe would much rather wear something s.n.a.z.z.i.e.r, more suited for DJing in a club than this. Changing the colors to blend in the All pic really didn't help it much I'm afraid. *shrugs*

Thanks for this challenge OP, it was fun! I might try it with some of my other Sims. :)

EDIT: Why did the censor have a problem with that word? It's not offensive in any way in my opinion. I'm talking about the word I put periods between the letters so it would actually show instead of plum. Sheesh! *rolls eyes*

Also, I forgot to mention, these two were originally randomized Sims from the git go. I only changed Lyrics hair, make-up and clothes and Brian was a Townie my game generated. I changed his facial hair, eye shape and clothes. Otherwise that's just how he appeared in my game. Even Lyric's name was randomized as part of the Bring Me to Life challenge.

Actually, I don't even know what Brian looks like in his alien form. I haven't checked yet. Opps! Should do that... :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dc6leuO.png

This one's not bad. I only changed the wristband from red to brown, but everything else is the same.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Not as bad as I thought it would be. No colour changes or accessories added.
    jwDJOOl.png
    Looks great all! :)@icmnfrsh I love that look
    ----

One of my toddlers aged up and I decided to do this challenge for him.
    Not terrible for the first one... but the second one... ehh :D
    Qph46h7.png?175vbL76.png?1
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    This was by far the most interesting. Wouldnt choose this, but wouldnt mind if someone walked around like that. Suits her pretty well actually.
    She is one of the teenage kids in my household.

hu16k6.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The first one I just selected top, bottom, and shoes, the second one I selected all on the same Sim. I’ve never really used this feature, but I’m surprised at it giving some ok looking outfits.
    OCbMBCH.jpg
    jFSx7CD.jpg
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Two more from me.... the first ones not too bad but the second is a little too much for me (but I'm a plain jane) LOL

MGSYFr1.png

This outfit is actually really cute imo.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I didn't change anything in the end I don't think they were that bad.
    42796536675_b694e56412_b.jpg
    42983614984_40d43598b7_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    07-28-18_6-41-45nbspPM.png
    I just changed the color of her shoes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    This is one of my upcoming sims who I haven't posted yet so if any of y'all see her in the favourite screenshots thread you'll know who it is! I've got to change her a little bit before I take the screenshots but you might still recognise her
    She's totally not the sims version of Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia in 1910s
    Before
    5nQDmAT.png
    After (no randomised hat/hair)
    FkpPiD1.png
    With randomised hat/hair
    UUHY7Xx.png
    The before version is 100% better but I suppose I don't absolutely hate the after version
    Also pls ignore her feet. They look really small compared to her legs cause I forgot to fix that
    Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Original
    0ubpf7Q.png

After
    orKmwW3.png

Original
    dWGJePw.png

After
    bRQApvT.png
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I randomized a top, bottom, and the shoes for my Simself. This is absolutely not something I would wear haha. At least not with a full face of makeup.

88d0b01407e90ee9f327151fddb7e959.png