Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banana Drama - A Reading Circle

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sul Sul Bananas. Thanks for the encouragement @AdamsEve1231 and @Firande. <3
    Stopped by and did some reading today. Also played around with creating a new blog. Not quite happy with it yet, definitely not ready for sharing. The project/Sims themselves are rather content (well, amid periods of chaos ;) ).
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Good afternoon... or morning... or evening... whatever timezone you're in. :sweat_smile:

@simscognito Oh I'd love to!! It'd be such an honor. Thank you so very much!! :blush:

@NRowe I'm excited to see your new blog when it's done! I wish I were more like you, and would actually wait with publishing/sharing blogs until I'm content with the way they look... after sharing my blog I've edited it so, so many times, changed themes like three times already and part of me is still kind of wanting to switch themes again. :joy: The perfectionist in me is giving me such a hard time, I always want to change things like blog appearance. :sweat_smile:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    Well @Firande, your blog seems pretty easy to navigate at the moment and it’s clean looking. Have only read Remi’s backstory so far ( poor kid ). But, of course, feel free to keep tweaking as you see fit. Nothing wrong with that.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Cheers @AdamsEve1231, seems your on fire at the moment. Popped over to read part one of the Prologue for KCLKF. :*
    I could only wish I wrote that well/descriptively/fully.

I literally just started a Simming project where I took over the Culpepper apartments. It’s only the second time I’ve done rotational play and would be my first truly multi family/household story.

Have thought about calling it “We Are Young” because most of the Sims are Young Adults.

Aww thank you, @NRowe. I'm sure you write wonderfully. I popped over and bookmarked your story. KCLKF has been a long time in the works, and is my baby. It's by far one of my favorite stories I've written. I hope you enjoy.

I've tried rotational stories, but then I get too overwhelmed. I'm struggling to be inclusive of all my submitted Sims in LASL without neglecting the protagonist's family.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Firande wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys! :blush: I'm usually a bit more active, but these weeks I'll be really busy finally finishing my bachelor's thesis haha... which, on the bright side, also means I'll have SO much free time after that for 3 whole months. :love: End is in sight LOL.

Thank you so much!! I will definitely be checking out your Darkness May Dream... I always love me some subversions from standard themes haha. :smirk:

11 Chapters in a week... that's so admirable wow!! Kudos to you for that. I really admire your goal of 1-2 chapters a day... that definitely ain't easy so really cool that you're holding yourself to these high standards. :blush:

@Firande Thank you. Good luck on your bachelor's thesis.

I'm moving DMD from its Tumblr to WP. Can't recall if the correct link is in my signature. I'm on my phone. :sweat_smile: I hope you enjoy it. My Reapers are a "race" of people.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Once I've written my thesis I also really hope to be able to write more often and release more chapters, but for now I think I'll be holding to a twice per week schedule... since most of the writing I do at the moment kind of has to go to that darn thesis of mine LOL.
    I’m worried about starting and then abandoning it, or finding it too hard/much with my coursework etc.

@Firande and @NRowe

Definitely managing coursework and finding balance and time to write Sims is a challenge. I finished my graduate program in 2017 while working part time. I had a bit more flexibility in my schedule but finding time to fun write SimLit and play the game was an interesting challenge. I tried to pick one day a week to game for at least two hours and one day to write. It helped keep me sane in graduate school, giving me some relaxation and fun to look forward to during my busy weeks.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Once I've written my thesis I also really hope to be able to write more often and release more chapters, but for now I think I'll be holding to a twice per week schedule... since most of the writing I do at the moment kind of has to go to that darn thesis of mine LOL.
    I’m worried about starting and then abandoning it, or finding it too hard/much with my coursework etc.

@Firande and @NRowe

Definitely managing coursework and finding balance and time to write Sims is a challenge. I finished my graduate program in 2017 while working part time. I had a bit more flexibility in my schedule but finding time to fun write SimLit and play the game was an interesting challenge. I tried to pick one day a week to game for at least two hours and one day to write. It helped keep me sane in graduate school, giving me some relaxation and fun to look forward to during my busy weeks.

then when you graduate you have to figure out how to balance life.
    edited April 2019
    Hey Bananas. I have reason to be a little excited, because I’m now ready to offer you a special, Banana Drama ONLY sneak peek at my new work-in-progress blog.

We Are Young.

There will be four families in the blog. All of which live in the Culpepper apartments to begin.
    The blog is still subject to major changes; there’s no character bios up, I probably need to write an introduction and still have to get the archive/chapter widget right.
    So far there are only posts for two of the families.

But; Tell me what you think?
    edited April 2019
    Hey Bananas. I have reason to be a little excited, because I’m now ready to offer you a special, Banana Drama ONLY sneak peek at my new work-in-progress blog.

We Are Young.

There will be four families in the blog. All of which live in the Culpepper apartments to begin.
    The blog is still subject to major changes; there’s no character bios up, I probably need to write an introduction and still have to get the archive/chapter widget right.
    So far there are only posts for two of the families.

But; Tell me what you think?

@NRowe I love your background. The city buildings is really cool. I had to smile. The first apartment featured is the same one that my Simself and her family occupies in Livin' A Simmin' Life. I'll finish reading more later. Is there a way you can make images a little bigger so readers can see them better?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Cheers @AdamsEve1231. Looking forward to checking out LASL to see the apartment B)
    I made the images bigger, except where there are two images side-by-side because Blogger doesn't seem to want to let me fit two next to each other. Keep that feedback coming. <3
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter sixty one: A Grim Kidnapping
    chapter-sixty-one-a-grim-kidnapping_orig.png

your spending to much time with madam lee your story got darker. lol
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

@friendsfan367 Lol. :joy:

@friendsfan367 Lol. :joy:

well it did. lol

Not QUITE there yet, but getting close. So, nearly caught up. Next chapter for me to read is titled The Wedding. ;)
    edited April 2019
    Sul Sul.
    Added Character Profiles, a (boring?) bit of Background Information and a new chapter on the third household.

https://nzrowesims.blogspot.com/

Haven't shared widely yet. Banana's are still about the only ones with access.
    Hoping to get the fourth and last household/post up this afternoon and then begin playing the second rotation.
    Just read a couple of weddings. Friends of Foes and Life’s Lessons.
    Will look to read a new story next.
    Almost want to have some of my new Sims tie the knot, but they are too new to be getting married just yet.
  • SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    love to join
    Sul, sul Bananas! B)

No weddings coming in KCLKF. It's a long term mystery series. Maybe a wedding in the far future. :)

I did just finish reading through @Bugsie2016's PTLT wedding and really enjoyed it.

I'm pretty proud of myself. I finished outlining the KCLKF rewrite to the end and wrote 6 chapters over the weekend. I'm in the last third, entering end game.

What writing is everyone working on? Are we discussing/reading @Firande's story the next week or two weeks?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Sul, sul Bananas! B)

No weddings coming in KCLKF. It's a long term mystery series. Maybe a wedding in the far future. :)

I did just finish reading through @Bugsie2016's PTLT wedding and really enjoyed it.

I'm pretty proud of myself. I finished outlining the KCLKF rewrite to the end and wrote 6 chapters over the weekend. I'm in the last third, entering end game.

What writing is everyone working on? Are we discussing/reading @Firande's story the next week or two weeks?

not sure no one really been around.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Sul, sul Bananas! B)

We discuss Firande's story next week and the week after.
    edited April 2019
    Hey Bananas. Starting KCLKF and I, Pariah. :o<3 (Which is good)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I finally got round to adding @Firande to our first page (kept forgetting) and thought I'd stop by and say if anyone wants their link updating/changing then let me know.
    edited April 2019
    @Bugsie2016 Can you add
    The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright too? Thanks. That's the story I'm working on the most recently.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Bugsie2016 Can you add
    The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright too? Thanks. That's the story I'm working on the most recently.

don't you mean reworking on? sorry i don't see you much anymore :)