Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banana Drama - A Reading Circle

ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
So, after a few failed reading circles I wanted to have a go at hosting my own. @simscognito (Cog) and I talked and we decided for it to be a reading circle for drama stories. Hence Banana Drama (banana was the only rhyming word I could think of as lhama is taken by another reading circle)

- Looking to have 4 or 5 members (Cog and I make 2, so 2 or 3 more) that are open for discussions (about twice a month so people have time) on writing stuff.

Guidelines for stories:
-Has to have some form of drama (family drama, drama in general etc)
-Not too many chapters. I'll say under 40 :)
-Updates at least once a month. :)

*Members*
- @Bugsie2016 Life's lessons
- @simscognito Friends of Foes
- @CathyTea Ten-Cent Tarot
- @NRowe Pancakes
- @friendsfan367 Benders
- @swcheppes Super Dating
- @AdamsEve1231 The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright
- @Firande I, Pariah
Post edited by ForgottenPixels on

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Woohoo! So excited for this! :smiley:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, is low-key drama OK?

I'd love to join, if so... I've got a mostly text-based story I'm working on this summer that deals with a family adjusting to the dad's abandonment of them... since I'm writing it, the drama's kinda behind-the-scenes, more lending to a mood of melancholy, but the dominant feel is light and hopeful... not sure if this fits with drama... if you think it might, I'd love to take part!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I'm writing a reasonably dramatic story about the maxis pre-mades the Pancakes. It is only seven chapters so far, because it is a new story. I'm also reading a reasonable amount on the forums here. So I'd be real keen to join this reading circle.

Link to my Blog
    Yayyyy @CathyTea you're totally welcome and this story sounds sooo interesting. Definetly meets the requirements. Yes, I might be biased because I'm a huge fan of your stories. :joy:
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, is low-key drama OK?

I'd love to join, if so... I've got a mostly text-based story I'm working on this summer that deals with a family adjusting to the dad's abandonment of them... since I'm writing it, the drama's kinda behind-the-scenes, more lending to a mood of melancholy, but the dominant feel is light and hopeful... not sure if this fits with drama... if you think it might, I'd love to take part!

I'm with cog. I feel low key drama is okay even if mine and cog's are high drama. Provides a balance. :) I'll add you. :)
    NRowe wrote: »
    I'm writing a reasonably dramatic story about the maxis pre-mades the Pancakes. It is only seven chapters so far, because it is a new story. I'm also reading a reasonable amount on the forums here. So I'd be real keen to join this reading circle.

Link to my Blog
    @NRowe I think I've seen you around. Hi, I'm Cog. :) ooh the Pancakes? I've not played with them much so this sounds really interesting. I'd love to learn more about them. Yep, you're certainly welcome too. Very excited to start your story. :blush:

Link to my Blog

Ooh. Bob Pancakes is my favourite premade (he's the dad of my favourite male sim of mine :joy: ) so completely biased. :lol:
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm so happy about this right now :)
    @simscognito @CathyTea @NRowe I added the blog links I know of. :)

@CathyTea When you have a link available (if you don't already) can you let me know and I'll add yours! :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm so happy about this right now :)

Me, too! I think I'm already reading your Pancakes story, @NRowe ! I love it! :)

Here's my link to Summer House: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/other-stories/summer-house/

:)

My writing schedule for this story is two chapters and one poem a week. The poem comes out every Sunday, and the chapters can come out any time during the week (lately, I've been posting them both on the weekend... )

There are only 15 chapters so far--and they're pretty short, so it shouldn't be too much work to catch up!

Thanks for having me! I'm excited!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea All done! :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

we been through this silly whoo is something else.

i was peeking at bugsies thread.

This is Bugsie's thread. :joy:

i know that i was talking to you though. like yesterday in the book club its bugsies turn but i talked to you. well both of you.

waiting to see if the last spot is taken. i know my story is dramatic because my thought before leaving my game this evening was i have to pan my funeral .jes is gonna kill me.

i know that i was talking to you though. like yesterday in the book club its bugsies turn but i talked to you. well both of you.

waiting to see if the last spot is taken. i know my story is dramatic because my thought before leaving my game this evening was i have to pan my funeral .jes is gonna kill me.

Last spot isn't taken. :)
    edited July 2018
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

bugsies bugsie. no you didn't do anything wrong but i don't have a thing for when you make me excited. so forgive me. :)

bugsies bugsie. no you didn't do anything wrong but i don't have a thing for when you make me excited. so forgive me. :)

You want it?

You want it?

yes!

You want it?

yes!
    Done! Welcome to Banana Drama! :)

You want it?

yes!
    Done! Welcome to Banana Drama! :)

thank you. i'll try and think up something differnt for when you get me excited :p:D
    edited July 2018
    Oh, is low-key drama OK?

when i did behind the scenes drama with the benders you and jes both made me write the part that led up to it. just saying.

bugsie my story might be over 40 chapters . i can't cut letters out of the alphabet but sis can tell you most are short.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I was hoping to get back into reading and writing more on this forum. If you are still looking for members I would love to join. I have a few stories but the one I'd use for this reading circle would be more of a dramedy.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Oh, is low-key drama OK?

when i did behind the scenes drama with the benders you and jes both made me write the part that led up to it. just saying.

bugsie my story might be over 40 chapters . i can't cut letters out of the alphabet but sis can tell you most are short.

Definitely over 40 but yours are shorter so it's fine. :)
    Oh, is low-key drama OK?

Definitely over 40 but yours are shorter so it's fine. :)

thanks even the the long chapters only go to the end of a page.
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I was hoping to get back into reading and writing more on this forum. If you are still looking for members I would love to join. I have a few stories but the one I'd use for this reading circle would be more of a dramedy.

If everyone else is okay with adding another member then I'm sure we can squeeze you in.

@simscognito @CathyTea @NRowe @friendsfan367