Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What brought you to the forums?

Comments

• Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    As well as many others googling questions to find answers and solutions to whatever was happening in game. I love the forums because more than not there will be answers to almost everything. Everyone has amazing ideas and are very nice to chat with.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    started out on The Sims 2 BBS. I can't remember what brought me there exactly - I think I wanted to learn the difference between The Sims 2 console and PC games when I was accidentally gifted a Sims 2 PC expansion pack when I didn't have the base game. I realized the PC had the gameplay style I was looking for (family style). I've been a casual lurker of Sims forums ever since. (I was most active during The Sims 2 era).
  • Options
    KHippieKHippie Posts: 18 Member
    Wanted to share my creations and then find out there's a full section for modders and creators. Bonus : Guru replies there and answer questions ! Consequently, I'm here when I'm too stuck on my creations.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I left because of too many threads of "Vote for the prettiest heir" in reality show blablabla. Glad they're gone playing another game.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    CerysWCerysW Posts: 16 Member
    I typed in a sims question and it sent me here, I wasn't going to sign up at first but I kept going back until I decided that wanted to be part of this community and share my sim stories : <3 :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I used to come here to find answers to questions and I eventually signed up on my birthday as a gift to myself. 🥳
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    with the release of Jungle Adventure - I was lurking reading the threads of speculation and what other simmers had noticed in trailers etc
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    The first time was when I was having issues with 3 crashing.

But when I came to stay? Well, to be blunt, it was due to feelings loneliness and isolation and wanting people to talk to. I used to talk to people on the Big Fish Games forum, but they got rid of their chat section. So a while later, I landed here.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I've been on Sims forums ever since Sims 2 at least. I also discovered the forums for Sims 1 at the same time.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Been here since ts3 in 2009. Had to register my game to get a free item and decided to stick around for the forums.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I usually ended up being on the forums after looking up things I wanted to know on Google and after starting to write SimLit, I signed up, joined the Writer's Lounge thread and every now and then, I comment on other threads as well.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    At first I just came here when I had a question or issue while playing TS3. Then once I got TS4, I started participating in discussion more often.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I started when this forum was on the sims 3 website. I think I may have had a question and I ended up posting there. I was a little weirded out when this forum was moved to the current website, but it was worth it! I love forums. It is fun to hear what people have to say and have discussions.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I first came here to ask about a potential bug actually, and I stayed to talk about said bugs and got roped in other discussions after. Sadly this place is no longer a place to chat about bug support, but I'm still here somehow.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I started with Sims 2 in one of the national forums, then headed over to BBS. Since then I've been all over the Sims 3 and Sims 4 forums looking for answers. ;)
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I've been around as long as official forums have been a thing...started with Sims 1, moved to 2, skipped 3 and that mess, now back for 4. :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2018
    Relative newcomer to the Sims game. Wife bought Sims 3...in 2015, she played it for an year, uninstalled it, then told me to go play it when I came down with a chronic illness in Jan. 2017, found the forum in March 2017...been here camped out on the forums since then. Hence the reason why I have almost 5000 posts in 1 year and 9 months. Yeah, I flap my gums a lot.

Since then, she's bought me the whole Sims 3 EP set and we both play.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sorry, I for one will never reveal my true reasons for being here among you all. >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    It automatically moved me here from the sims 3 forums.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    I just wanted to be somewhere that I can talk to other simmers.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Sorry, I for one will never reveal my true reasons for being here among you all. >:):p

Ohhhh you rebel you :D:D
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    I was a mere lurker for the longest time, then I found a thread I really wanted to comment on and then I just started to be more active here.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Brand new to The Sims, starting with TS4, which I've been playing for two years now. I joined to exchange ideas and gain inspiration from others.

Just want to say Merry Christmas to all simmers!
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I actually don't know. I have been an avid lover of the Sims since S1 and I suppose I just came across it one day. Now I love seeing how others play and try new content that I forget about.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    started out on The Sims 2 BBS. I can't remember what brought me there exactly - I think I wanted to learn the difference between The Sims 2 console and PC games when I was accidentally gifted a Sims 2 PC expansion pack when I didn't have the base game. I realized the PC had the gameplay style I was looking for (family style). I've been a casual lurker of Sims forums ever since. (I was most active during The Sims 2 era).

^^^
    This

The Sims 2 BBS was awesome...I think I spent as much time there as I did playing the game, lol.

One thing I learned back in those days was that the game had so much in it that I just hadn't discovered on my own yet. Since then, I pretty much follow any sims game forums because it's cool learning things I never knew from other players.
    Until recently, I went about 2 years with limited internet access and wasn't able to visit the forums...so much stuff is now in the game I hadn't discovered. I'm learning new things pretty much every single day (the did you know thread about toddlers, for example, was a freaking gold mine of information).

So I'd say I join and participate in the forums for knowledge. That and there are some really interesting people here. IRL I don't know anyone who I can share sim experiences with, so it is cool to interact somewhere with others who share that particular interest.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods