Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What brought you to the forums?

hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
Exactly what the title says.

I remember googling a sims 4 question that brought me here and I forgot I had signed up YEARS ago so imagine my surprise when I tried to register my email.

My question ended up answered but I realized I liked it here so I never left since then and became a very active member
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I used to use the sims 3 forum that was located within the sims 3 website. I must have came across it when browsing the sims 3 website. It was pretty obvious as it had a big link to it on the top of the page.

Then everything got moved to this forum as it is now.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited July 2018
    I started played TS4 in November. I would google things that I was unsure about and I always found answers here so I decided that I might as well sign up.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    thesims3.com in 2009
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    I just lurked around and never registered for a long time, until I found a thread that I really wanted to reply to.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I found the forum while looking up a problem I was having with the game. After I found the answer to my issue I stayed. It was nice to find people as passionate about the game as I am. It was a while longer before I posted anything though.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    like many others have said, i found the forums from googling sims questions.
    i figured it'd be useful to have an account so i can ask my own questions. i stayed because i like hearing what other fans have to say about the game and i prefer this community to the simblr/reddit ones.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Justine Keaton.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ActualFannibalActualFannibal Posts: 44 Member
    Google did, the lovely lady
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    The Vampires gameplaypack brought me here, Jan 2017 :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • NeyMessiNeyMessi Posts: 33 Member
    Had a question that needed answered about Dragon Valley, I suppose.
    I came back because I have a question about another game
    tumblr_njb7xiN4R21th8zu1o1_250.gif
  • xteamppxteampp Posts: 16 Member
    The fact that I bought TS3 for less than 1 dollar brought me back to the game and the forums.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've been on the Sims forums/BBS since the TS2 days. At first I registered my game so I can download the freebies on the website, but participating in the BBS was fun in itself, so I posted about The Sims from time to time.

I also did the move to the Sims 3 website, but I didn't visit as much. I became active again in 2014 before TS4 came out, and now I usually like to play games and interactive Sim shows in the Off Topic section
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    I started playing The Sims around 2002 when my mother gave me a disc that came with her computer. I joined The Sims 1 Forum. Then in 2011, I bought a MacBook that was able to run Sims 3, so I started buying that and joined that forum. Those forums were a lot of fun. I still play 1 and 3 and am now on this forum. None of my close friends or family play The Sims, so forums are my only chance to talk to anyone about it.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited August 2018
    I joined the old forum the summer The Sims 3 was released, a few days after my first toddlers were born in-game. I was mainly looking for a place to share pictures of them and see other people's pictures. I ended up staying because the community was very friendly and supportive, especially compared to other gaming forums I used to participate on (mainly World of Warcraft).
    Post edited by Archivist on
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 6 New Member
    I come here a lot without an account to look for questions that I have, or for challenges. I made an account today because I have an idea for a challenge that I wanted to post!
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    the french one that i had been on for a year or two was kinda dead and i'm fluent in english so i decided to come here and see ^^
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Starrtiger723Starrtiger723 Posts: 7 New Member
    I had been a member with TS3 forums and always ended up here when I googled questions I had about the game. and I don't know very many people who play so it's nice to know other people like the game. I am intrigued about the roleply thread, I used to roleplay all the time many years ago online and loved it.
  • Jdog054Jdog054 Posts: 43 Member
    I got the game back in 2012 and while I asked a few minor questions in a discussion I'm now hoping I can use it to get questions about my computer and technical issues answered related to this game.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I had been a member with TS3 forums and always ended up here when I googled questions I had about the game. and I don't know very many people who play so it's nice to know other people like the game. I am intrigued about the roleply thread, I used to roleplay all the time many years ago online and loved it.

you're welcome to the roleplay thread !
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    I came to forums to get ideas, find out why my game is glitching, and see what's coming out next.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Well I wanted to change my username once I found out that it didn't match my origin user. And then I found out that the forum is a whole community of much more than just getting help on tech stuff, so I decided to stay. I'm at an in between stage of life and really needed a community, so glad I found one!
  • boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    I came for the forum because I was looking for challenges before. (And I want to post a challenge I invented while preparing for a presentation and my thoughts wondered to another another dimension, to the dimension of the sims ;D)
  • FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    This has always been my go-to place for tips and solutions for the Sims games. One day just figured I might join as well.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For years I only came here when the answer to a googled question would lead me here. Praise the community and their solutions to my problems. I never participated in topics though, because it was too overwhelming plus I was more than happy with the Dutch forum I was active on at the time. When they announced Sims 4 I was curious about the upcoming game and started to become active in the TS4 section here. What made me decide to stick around is the way people are so thoroughly discussing the games here. I love that. And the feeling there is this direct link to the creators.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    Needed help with the harvest fest glitches and missing items and when customer service couldn’t help me (seems they usually can’t) they recommended I give feedback here.
    Then I stayed as I wanted to vent about the recent update where they messed with all the prices in the catalog. 😑
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg