Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Instant emotion changers for infants, toddlers, kids & adults

davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Infants/toddlers - parent can spread on them- toddlers can find one of them and mess in it and get the emotion out of it. Adults & kids can spread it on themselves or throw it on a sim.

Lotion to buy to put on to cause different emotions for infants/toddlers(sleepy- lessens time on bar by a bunch , happy_ attention & mood
bar filled up, mad, sad, scared, inspired, really happy)- would be great for story telling, just to get infants/toddlers/or anyone else in whatever mood you wanted them in real fast kind of how best friend/energy potions worked in S3

Potions or other stuff that gives instant love, best friend, full energy bar ect like in S3 potions.

Comments

• indi_geckoindi_gecko Posts: 15 Member
    They have some that kids can craft on the potion table. If you have GTW, you can also do so as a scientist. Also, these can be purchased from whim points.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If you complete the aspiration Master Mixologist, you will get a reward trait called 'Potion Master' which will allow you to create emotional drinks. There are also the berries from the emotion trees in Selvadorada. I "feel" there are enough options to change a Sim's emotional state as it is.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »
    If you complete the aspiration Master Mixologist, you will get a reward trait called 'Potion Master' which will allow you to create emotional drinks. There are also the berries from the emotion trees in Selvadorada. I "feel" there are enough options to change a Sim's emotional state as it is.

Didn't know all that and thanks for posting the info. as I will copy it for future use. I didn't know that they provide ways to best friend, instant love, and full energy bars.

In Sims3, a sim only had to go to the potion store and buy whatever they had for sale. If your main purpose for a story/sim/family has nothing to do with collecting and uping the aspirations & these potions were desired for fast effects, then it would make sense to have instant potions. Many simmers like that leveling up stuff, but just as many don't.

For instance, if/when University comes out, potions would be useful if starting out. I use to collect a bunch of them to use at University for helping with being tired or in World Adventures to make a person an instant best friend to be able to get information quicker. I also used them during gameplay when my sim was really tired and I didn't want them to be or if I wanted to best friend another sim really fast. It would take an enormous amount of time to master/make those potions and by then, I would've already lost interest. If the story I want to tell has nothing to do with being a mixologist, scientist, and has no children, then those ways of making the potions wouldn't help my story at all, but hinder it. To say you have to have kids or be a scientist/mixologist to access the potions isn't helpful at all for storytelling or playing the way simmers want to play.

I, like many simmers don't like leveling up and that is a choice of play. Since everyone's choice of play is to be respected, having options that don't require leveling up is needed and would be used by many, even those who don't ask for it or see it as a need, could as new game play is added in the future. If it is already in the system as a potion, then it shouldn't require much to make it easier to get like the seed packs make it easy to plant as opposed to going out & wasting time collecting the plants. I would simply like a way to access potions for moods that have nothing to do with upping skills, wasting time, & wasting whim points that I want to use in another way.

In other words, I would like some type of kaching for potions and many simmers use that to continue their play with lots of money instead of actually wasting time making it, so I would just like the same for emotions. :)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @davina1221

But the thing is, that The Sims 4 is not aimed exclusively at people who don't want to level and/or want everything for free, because a lot of the time, it makes sense to a story that a Sim isn't magically born with a load of maxed out skills and/or potions on them. I suppose a kind of 'lazy' game mode could be added for that type of gamers, but it should be optional as I'm pretty sure a game with no challenges at all would ruin the experience for equally as many.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted