Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will maids do laundry?

Will they?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• AlienSimmerAlienSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I have a scheduled maid and she hasn't done my laundry when I have had some in the basket. I wonder if maybe the butler can?
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I’ve noticed maids start my laundry if my sim walks away after putting it in, but never have they moved it to the dryer/line once done or even taken it out of the hamper to wash in the first place.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • MalissaVeenstraMalissaVeenstra Posts: 1 New Member
    I believe they do though. I haven't seen a maid put clothes on a clothesline personally, but I have seen it happening in a video on YouTube.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My maids do not in the households that have maid. In fact if you blink you are lucky if you see the maid, they are in and out so fast.

The butler on the other hand will do all the laundry, well I am only judging by one Butler as only one of my households is rich enough for a butler - but she does all the laundry, all the gardening, and also seems to like to bartender when my sim has company for some odd reason. I have never told her to play bartender. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Maybe it depends on the maid you get? I have one guy who consistently does my Sims laundry, putting it in the washer and starting it and if I haven't moved it to the dryer by the next day, he will move it there and start it too. He's probably the best maid I've had in the whole game, so I consistently tip him.
    1500x500.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My experience with maids is that they will do laundry if the bins are almost full. If there's clothes on the floor they will take it to the bin, not do laundry. Unless the bin is full of course.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My maid does the laundry in my game. But my households are 8 Sim households, so they accumulate tons of laundry so the bins are always full.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I have never had a maid do the laundry but Patchy does the laundry in my current game.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I used to have a male maid who always did the laundry, but the new female maid rarely does.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Mine have put the clothes on the clothes line.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yep, in one of my saved games.
    OWjM5av.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Plus, it's much safer on a clothesline since maids don't change the filter!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    My maid always does the laundry and is quite effective too - he puts the washer on when he arrives, cleans up and comes back to move to dryer. I do always make sure my washer and dryer are fully upgraded before I allow a maid in the laundry room though. Curiously, like @Shae it's a male maid who does my laundry well :o
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims