Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Redeem My Codes

I bought a new gaming laptop that just arrived today (other one no longer works). But the new laptop has no disc drive. I followed some directions to log into my Origin/EA account to redeem my codes and download my games.

Everytime I put my codes in, it told me that they have already been redeemed. I have never redeemed my games. And I purchased them brand new in the package from retail. And no one else has ever played my games.

I contacted EA about the issue, the guy ended up saying that I was trying to redeem them from my new account rather than the old one that I had when I got the games. So he found which account they are under and told me to log into that one and they should download without a problem.

So, I did that. But I am still getting the same message telling me that my codes have already been redeemed.

I am frustrated. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Once a code has been registered for the first time, it cannot be redeemed again, even in the same account. But you should see TS3 in your Origin library, along with all the packs you own. (The packs are listed under a tab called "additional content" or something like that.) As long as you're logged in to the right account, you should be able to download the base game and packs without needing any codes.

By the way, if you'd like to merge your old account with your new one, EA customer support can help with that too.
  • Options
    betharies2betharies2 Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2018
    Ok, I just checked. I do see it listed in my Origin account. And my expansion packs are listed under Expansion Packs.
    It only gives me an option to "Play on Origin". Does that download it to my computer?
    Or does that just play it through the Origin program?

I'm sorry. I'm not very familiar with using Origin. I've only played my games using their installion disc's in the past.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    In truth, I'm not familiar with Origin on PC either, so don't worry about it. (I had to deal with Origin for mac, but now I'm on a Windows/Steam install.) I do know that you need to have the program files installed on your computer to run the game, though, so there's no way you could play entirely through Origin. Why not try the button and see what happens? (Okay, that sounds ominous.) If that doesn't work, there are plenty of otehr people here we can ask.
  • Options
    betharies2betharies2 Posts: 258 Member
    I went ahead and tried it out and it worked! Game and all my expansion packs are on the computer and ready to play.
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Glad you have it sorted. Anytime you need to use a disk with the new laptop, you can purchase an external optical drive. They plug in via USB port. Affordable as well (around $25-$30 USD)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/