Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    ShatoraShatora Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2018
    Dose anyone know what time the Patch is going out? is it pre Livestreem or when they do it?
    I just hope this patch fixes the "Blairwitching" my Sims are doing
    Post edited by Shatora on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    At this point it's most definitely a gallery update that they're gonna walk us through. With the gallery being down this week for tests probably. Also, Grant tweeted (then deleted) an image of the new gallery UI where you can fit more screenshots for your lot, and comments have been moved up.
    Dg5AHK1U0AEBf9V.jpg

Hopefully they did some other, non-gallery updates as well...

Yeah. it's probably just a gallery update. :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Or...OR...it could be a new Sims 4 store.

But probably a Gallery update.

:D:D:D:D

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Shatora wrote: »
    Dose anyone know what time the Patch is going out? is it pre Livestreem or when they do it?
    I just hope this patch fixes the "Blairwitching" my Sims are doing

Probably around 10/11AM PST
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, no matter what they do, patches are free updates anyway, so people shouldn't really bite the hand. But if it's a gallery update and nothing else, I think they would be better off not touting it as a surprise one week in advance

Patches its free? Nononono! I PAY for it. I buy game, datadisc Seasons. OK. This is full bugs! If they not put out patches, repair the bugs, so you think that I buy next datadisc? How many people buy next if the bugs ruin their game and EA no patch? It is normal that developer make patch. It is not gift or forfree!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I mean, no matter what they do, patches are free updates anyway, so people shouldn't really bite the hand. But if it's a gallery update and nothing else, I think they would be better off not touting it as a surprise one week in advance

Patches its free? Nononono! I PAY for it. I buy game, datadisc Seasons. OK. This is full bugs! If they not put out patches, repair the bugs, so you think that I buy next datadisc? How many people buy next if the bugs ruin their game and EA no patch? It is normal that developer make patch. It is not gift or forfree!

It was probably then Engagement Team who did the update. The QA is still a different team.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sorry I know this has probably been asked but I'm at work and can't scroll through the entire post to find out: what time is the stream (CA time is fine)? Thanks!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    edited July 2018
    @SimTrippy It's at 11am PST. There is a stickied thread in General Discussion with all of the info where they link it so people can watch.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope if it's the gallery pets get their own search option vs being under households.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I’m a little excited about the new feature and of course bug fixes.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    4 hours 17 minutes!!!!!!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think the concern is that they always talk about how they have limited time and budget, so putting their limited resources into a gallery overhaul seems like such a waste considering how many game-breaking bugs are still there...

Yeah, that's a good point
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    4 hours 17 minutes!!!!!!

What times the live stream?

It's at 10:00 the normal patch time?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I think the concern is that they always talk about how they have limited time and budget, so putting their limited resources into a gallery overhaul seems like such a waste considering how many game-breaking bugs are still there...

So true. Especially given that the gallery works just fine, overhauling the user interface is not something that warrants a live stream. Really it isn’t necessary at all. If this is really a gallery upgrade then it will be interesting to see why exactly they need to demo it to players. Are they adding in unnecessary features (social features)? Are they just live streaming to say they’re communicating? I mean there are so many areas where this game needs to improve and the user interface of the gallery is not one of them. Meanwhile the list of things players ask for doesn’t seem to actually be on their radar even with Kate’s statement claiming they’re making the stuff players want. When are we gonna start seeing that stuff?
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Oh please. We desperately want non object infants, cars etc. and we're gonna get Gallery update? Is it a joke? Please let it be
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Oh please. We desperately want non object infants, cars etc. and we're gonna get Gallery update? Is it a joke? Please let it be

Unfortunately it’s probably not a joke. Maybe this new strategy they’re saving for the end of the live stream will allow them to tell us if they’re actually working on any of the stuff players have been asking for. Doubtful.

We’re going on 4 years and a handful of base game features have been reintroduced. The list of missing stuff is still as long as ever, so I think it boils down to they don’t actually listen to players very much. They hear what we say, and that’s about it. We were told things were on a “need in game” list years ago and those things still haven’t shown up. They either intentionally don’t listen by direct order of their management, or are literally unable to add these things due to lack of funding, lack of staff, etc. With how much of a raging success they make Sims 4 out to be, the second option would cause a major contradiction so it’s more likely that the game is still mismanaged and the higher ups disregard feedback in favor of internal decision making. Internally, they have no identity and as a result they are unable to breathe life into this game.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Their main focus tends to be the social/community aspect of the game. Which is sad. How many things have people been begging for, and you’re gonna focus on a new gallery? Like who asked for that?? Listen to your fans for ONCE.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Many people have been complaining about the gallery, creators of builds and Sims alike. There are numerous threads about how the pictures don't show the best side of the builds (or depending on the lot hardly show the builds at all) or how creations are "stolen" and reuploaded. These were apparently major concerns to a big part of the community. So anyone thinking that a gallery update would be made up out of thin air has not been reading the forums that much - if that is in fact what is coming.
    This reminds of how we as a community voted for a laundry pack and at the same time are complaining that the game is too soft and uneventful. The Sims community is not homogeneous, which is a blessing and a curse. We all want more but very different things.
    This update was announced as a feature update we should not get too excited about, so anyone who turns out to be upset or disappointed should probably learn to manage their expectations better.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Ooh it's today! I thought it was going to be tomorrow! Fully expect just a gallery update but I'm still excited for it, I hope it becomes more of a social network platform rather than a hive where everyone dumps their content.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    To the people whining about it being a gallery update you only have yourselves to blame...They specifically said do not get hyped and what did you all do?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Hi. I'm excited about the Livestream, which is unusual for me, but I'm also hoping we get the Update today, as well. Does anybody know? Is it one or the other or both? I mean, normally I listen to Talk Radio while playing my game. Today, I don't even have the radio on. Giving up Rush Limbaugh for the Livestream. :open_mouth: I know, I know. LOL I'm just hoping this is good. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Anybody have any thoughts or guesses about what the big news is? >:)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    To the people whining about it being a gallery update you only have yourselves to blame...They specifically said do not get hyped and what did you all do?

No, they hyped it because they are actually doing a live stream about it. Normally, live streams are reserved for gameplay. I mean who can't go onto the gallery to see improvements in search features (which has been requested many times). Was there really a need to live stream such updates? When they are normally (streams) for gameplay features.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MrSimmis wrote: »

Can people not express their opinions without it being considered whining? We don’t even know what the update is, all gallery talk at this point is speculations and opinions on said speculations.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top