Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I wonder if it's a CAS revamp So we can designate any outfits as hot or cold
    *thinking* Wait a minute! @catloverplayer Cat! Did Kate ruled out create a style?

No.
    Why?
    SimguruGrant said before they would not be adding this to TS4, SimguruKate added to her tweet though that there are more things she probably forgot to add to her list of what it isn’t.

• Options
    0pandora10pandora1 Posts: 5 New Member
    I really hope it is more careers or horses.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well I find it odd that Tuesday is the same exact date - Origins Premium Access live service goes live - and our game gets some kind of overhaul. But it has been gnawing at my brain ever since I saw this announcement, especially since the long list of things Grant and Kate stated the overhaul was not about - which was basically everything people have been asking for - so it has me wondering what is left but something to do with that Premium Access thing and the fact the gallery was down for maintenance and some changes. I think they are possibly linked to this "special" update. Also at Thursday's Earning Call meeting - it was a lot about Tuesdays Origins Premium Access, and about us all being connected through different devices on the Cloud - communicating with each other (and EA) and having Access through this service to hundreds of EA's games even before their release dates.

I mean you only have to look at the long list of things people have wanted added -that the devs and CM say it's not. So to me it isn't some big thing any of us enmasse requested.

ETA - Don't forget Grant also gave a bunch of No's to things simmers asked if it had anything to do with. Kate was just compiling some of the no's we'd already been told by Grant it wasn't.

I know color wheel, horses, CAW tool, cars, ocean swimming, open world - were some of the things we got No's from Grant.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well I find it odd that Tuesday is the same exact date - Origins Premium Access live service goes live - and our game gets some kind of overhaul. But it has been gnawing at my brain ever since I saw this announcement, especially since the long list of things Grant and Kate stated the overhaul was not about - which was basically everything people have been asking for - so it has me wondering what is left but something to do with that Premium Access thing and the fact the gallery was down for maintenance and some changes. I think they are possibly linked to this "special" update. Also at Thursday's Earning Call meeting - it was a lot about Tuesdays Origins Premium Access, and about us all being connected through different devices on the Cloud - communicating with each other (and EA) and having Access through this service to hundreds of EA's games even before their release dates.

I mean you only have to look at the long list of things people have wanted added -that the devs and CM say it's not. So to me it isn't some big thing any of us enmasse requested.

ETA - Don't forget Grant also gave a bunch of No's to things simmers asked if it had anything to do with. Kate was just compiling some of the no's we'd already been told by Grant it wasn't.

I know color wheel, horses, CAW tool, cars, ocean swimming, open world - were some of the things we got No's from Grant.

When people started to report issues with the Gallery, I also assumed that the Gallery would be the updated feature. However, I hope that you're wrong about the rest of it.

An announcement and live stream focused on an Origin subscription service would tick me off, to be honest.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

When people started to report issues with the Gallery, I also assumed that the Gallery would be the updated feature. However, I hope that you're wrong about the rest of it.

An announcement and live stream focused on an Origin subscription service would tick me off, to be honest.

But is EA so it is possible.... But I dont buy stupid Access. It is trap! No, no!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    disabilities is my guess because why would we need a live stream for most of the stuff (except of new life stage/supernatural) that it's NOT?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    48 hours to go... :)
  • Options
    hey does anyone know anything about making games since I need to understand what "Design flaw" would mean in context of a game? Like how far into development.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    If one of the devs have said 'please don't overhype' the expectations in here are deeefinitely setting themselves up for disappointment.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    hey does anyone know anything about making games since I need to understand what "Design flaw" would mean in context of a game? Like how far into development.

Well a couple design flaws in this game I know of - is them not putting a road system into the programming and base game so that we cannot easily have any content that requires a road system to put into the game - like cars, bikes, witches brooms, among other things.

Another design flaw is the multi-tasking system that goes against the kind of programing one needs for something as simple as using a lounge chair, using pool floats, and all the other things we had in previous games that this game just will not work proper with with out the Sims characters going funky.

There is the design flaw where adding certain toggles breaks saves. Even the devs never expected that to happen.

But they could be talking about anything - like perhaps designs that would have worked well for an online game, behaves in a flawed manner in a single player game. Don't forget there is a lot we could not do in the Online version of Sims online, that we had been able to do in all the single player versions of Sims 1, 2, and 3 so that it becomes a design flaw for the single person game if the programming we are accustomed to having in the Sims is impossible to complete or items impossible to have - etc when they changed the game from an Online version to single player. Especially if any of the online programming was still in the system somewhere. It is really no way to know exactly what that statement means until they tell us.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2018

Me too - but I find it odd they are giving us a live stream on the same day that new system kicks in - and believe me I think EA has been a bit aggressive at pushing this Premium Access - especially to Simmers as let's face it most of us do not play a ton of games that we would benefit from a subscription service. Most of the other games I do play I already own and have owned for years - so I am not about to get them again as they are what I already have.

I also have Simulation Vertigo so it is difficult for me to even look at some games - no matter how brief - it makes me very ill and triggers my migraines (I have Migraine with Aura which royally rots so I am extremely careful about action games.) Sims thus far have been no issue.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    @Writin_Reg well a month ago Grant said a month previously they had a "Design changelle" and after they talked to wheelchair simmers it sort of got fixed?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg well a month ago Grant said a month previously they had a "Design changelle" and after they talked to wheelchair simmers it sort of got fixed?

No - that is still an issue. As long as simple lounge chairs are an issue with multi-tasking - I see disabilities even more challenging. I am on twitter and have followed everything Grant has said as well as the other devs - and he was talking about future development. I also know disabilities has always been an issue with various groups in a game designed for teens and up with both the rating boards and groups that monitor such things in games. Particularly groups that protect people with disabilities. It is a very fine line between people wanting it and people with disabilities who want to escape it. Takes a lot of approvals and of course ways to allow that kind of play within the capability of people with real issues. So it is no simple matter and of course will definitely require lots of research and EA approvals for this kind of thing. They just started talking about it - and if they come about - believe me - it will not be all that soon.

You cannot tread on that angle lightly and as the game is set right now it would need a lot of changes to work with many different disabilities and do it in a respectful manner. I do not see this happening - if ever even - for a long time.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I doubt its origin access. It's more likely a cas overhaul.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping for a gallery overhaul that will tie the PC gallery with the console.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a gallery overhaul that will tie the PC gallery with the console.

The gallery is back up - don't see anything different.

Yep - I could see a CAS overhaul too - but of course when I generally hope it is something - it is always something else.

Also I heard they are using cloud computing which is also going live thanks to Premium access - and I heard rumors the gallery was going to the cloud as well - but I have to wonder how it will affect those of us not getting premium access and the fact cloud access generally requires the game to remain always online. Which again is fine for those with the Premium access - but not so fine for players that just play the Sims and generally play offline.

Granted it won't affect me regardless as I always play online , through Origin as my pc is not bothered by Origin - but I have many friends and family whose computers has issues staying on Origin. Especially Wifi users. I am hardwired and have very high end internet.

But anyway - guess all we can do is wait and see. Still CAS overhaul really would be cool.
    Also a small thought I had was perhaps overhauling the whole map - so it's an actual map with roads etc, usable water bodies etc - but then I think of all that would entail and then tell myself to stop being so ridiculous to even dare think they would do that - regardless of how amazing that could be... sigh. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    disabilities is my guess because why would we need a live stream for most of the stuff (except of new life stage/supernatural) that it's NOT?

I really doubt this. They crossed out a lot of good stuff in the list, including NPCs and such, so why would they do this?

They still haven’t given us lounge chairs due to the complexities of the multitasking, so I doubt they can do stuff like accommodating/accessibility tools and tech like wheelchairs, etc. Not to mention, they would have to do it accurately and respectfully, which will take more research, more feedback, and more work than a small patch would allow (in a short amount of time).

So, yeah, I really doubt it would be disabilities. The gurus have said no to soooo many of the wanted stuff that simmers of the communities want, and they also said not to overhype the update, so I’m thinking it’s such a subtle, small update.

But, if they proved me wrong, then I would be very happy and metaphorically eat my hat, lol. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I really doubt this. They crossed out a lot of good stuff in the list, including NPCs and such, so why would they do this?

They still haven’t given us lounge chairs due to the complexities of the multitasking, so I doubt they can do stuff like accommodating/accessibility stuff like wheelchairs and tech. Not to mention, they would have to do it accurately and respectfully, which will take more research, more feedback, and more work than a small patch would allow.

So, yeah, I really doubt it would be disabilities. The gurus have said no to soooo many of the wanted stuff that simmers of the communities want, and they said not to overhype the update, so I’m thinking it’s such a subtle, small update.

But, if they proved me wrong, then I would be very happy and metaphorically eat my hat, lol. :smile:

Yep - I definitely agree.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Not going to allow myself to get hyped up. I do hope it's something fun and substantial.
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    Maybe it’s height changes for all the sims.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    It probably will end up being an update to the gallery. Like others have said, the gallery has been on and off lately, the other day I wasn't able to connect to it at all. I'm not particularly excited for that :/
    That said, if it were attraction, I hope they didn't just rush it and do a sloppy job like they did when they added Plant Sims.
    And I know that they said no new NPCS, but they could be updating the Plant Sims to be better, since it's technically not a "new" NPC..
  • Options
    0pandora10pandora1 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bittersweet said:
    > I'm not hyped. Someone made a list of wonderful things many players have been wanting for a long time, yet we're being denied again.
    >
    > I can guarantee one thing we will get from this update--MORE/NEW bugs.
    >
    > I'm still waiting to install Seasons since I've read about the numerous problems it's caused. :'(

Seasons is a great addition to the game in my opinion. I feel the features outweigh the problems. Problems which I have not notice too much of other than characters freezing/stalling. Ea can not implement everyone's ideas all at once. Of course there are things I want in the game but I'm happy with what I get.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Gallery was not down as a planned outage, it was problems and was fixed. Follow this thread we get notified every time its down for fixing. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935690/gallery-issues/p6
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Please be height, genetics, and/or astrology!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe more traits
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top