March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Singing club and career time

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
hi, I have 2 sims in my household. One is in the comedian branch of entertainer career and the other one is in Astronaut career. The astronaut guy is a singing club leader. The problem is that the female sim is supposed to be ended at 12 am from work but she keeps coming back from work around at 8pm and the work is shown as ended normally.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-24%2Bat%2B16.54.47.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-24%2Bat%2B16.55.32.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-24%2Bat%2B17.09.55.png

The problem is that now she is not promoted over a week. And she earns about 300 to 400 simoleons from work at level 6 comedian career. It happens when the singing club is active. She didn't come back to club from work even though the club was active when she was at the lower level at entertainer career. Should I let my male singing leader sim stay at home during she is in work? When he is at home with me, she ends her work at midnight at the right time. If you click the screenshot, you can see the time.

Comments

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, that is an issue that started with Seasons or one of the patches. Your lead singer will need to stay at the home lot while she is at work. If he leaves the lot, she will leave work. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Edit: I found this at Answers HQ. You may want to add a "Me Too".
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-return-from-Work-School-early-after-loading-screen/m-p/6903827#M66835
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Okay, that answers my issue as well -- I have a Sim in the Social Media career where they can either go to work or work from home. I had her work from home today, and her assignment was to be mischievous with 5 Sims and to record an angry rant on the computer. I sent her to San Myshuno to hopefully track down some Sims, and first I got the notice that she was "leaving work early", then I got the notice that her twin sons were already home from school and it was only 10:30am. Exited the game without saving since it was early in the day, but it was a bit annoying. I'll add that to the Bird of Paradise bug as hoping they'll be solved soon.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Simberella777 Thanks I added "Me too". I don't have seasons yet so it could be from patch.

@stilljustme2 I gave up grafting work in home garden since the latest patch. Not only Bird of paradise but also death flower, Bonsai Buds, pomegranate and dragonfruit I haven't gotten any of those in my garden. But I heard Simguru Nick? said it's not a bug, it's just a bad luck.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @Jeansoo I'm pretty sure Bird of Paradise issue is a bug -- not only did I not get the flower from grafting, I got two Bird of Paradise seeds from the Rare Seed packets, and not only are those bushes not producing flowers, the collection still shows that I need to find the flower. So I think there is a bug there. It's the very last plant I need to complete the gardening collection (I've been working on this Sim since JA released with the goal of her and her descendants to complete as many collections as possible).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited July 2018
    @Jeansoo I'm pretty sure Bird of Paradise issue is a bug -- not only did I not get the flower from grafting, I got two Bird of Paradise seeds from the Rare Seed packets, and not only are those bushes not producing flowers, the collection still shows that I need to find the flower. So I think there is a bug there. It's the very last plant I need to complete the gardening collection (I've been working on this Sim since JA released with the goal of her and her descendants to complete as many collections as possible).

Oh..I can test this today. :) I'm sure that grafting is related with this bug too.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I am pretty sure that was a bug that was fixed, clubs need at least one non npc to stay in the house or the club gathering ends, even on community lots. I know I used to take advantage of it by freezing all the club guests to keep the club moodlet while my sims where at work :)
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    I brought some screenshots here again. I think the karaoke lot,"Waterside Warble" is the problem.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-26%2Bat%2B20.37.59.png

My male vamp's wife quit the job and now stays at home, so I had her open the singing club while the club leader is at work place.
    As soon as his wife moved to the karaoke lot, he came back from work and stays at home.
    On the other side, she got back to the clubbing place, karaoke lot when her husband, club leader activated the singing club at the waterside warble. I have no idea why he is staying at home who is a singing club captain when his wife activated the singing club.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-26%2Bat%2B20.40.40.png

I got back to main menu without saving and reloaded the game. I had her activate her own healthy life workout club and she moved to the gym in San Mychuno. Her husband is also a club member here but he stayed at his work until finish his work time.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-26%2Bat%2B20.46.06.png

Then I had her move to the waterside warble lot without activating the singing club this time. And a few mins later, her husband came back from work very early and stayed at home.
    And as you see here, it shows 'start gathering' is available but it's actually not gathering.

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't think the start gathering will bring active sims to club meeting if they are working you have to have them leave work. Also active sims will still go to work on there own even if there is a club gathering. I found it very helpful for my athletic sim start club gathering farther freezes everyone with the Sim Ray than goes to work, you get the club moodlet for the career as long as everyone remains on the lot.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited July 2018
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I don't think the start gathering will bring active sims to club meeting if they are working you have to have them leave work. Also active sims will still go to work on there own even if there is a club gathering. I found it very helpful for my athletic sim start club gathering farther freezes everyone with the Sim Ray than goes to work, you get the club moodlet for the career as long as everyone remains on the lot.

So I said the karaoke lot causes this bug. Her husband was still working at the work place when she moved to other lot but suddenly he came back from work when she visited this karaoke lot. I asked her to move to Willow creek lot, Forgotten Hallow lot and her husband was still working at the work place but he suddenly came back home when she visited the karaoke lot even without activating the club. I also heard from other simmer has the same issue. They say suddenly their kids came back from school when their parents visited the karaoke lot.

When she activated the singing club, her husband is the singing club leader but he came back home from work, he didn't get back to clubbing lot.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

So I said the karaoke lot causes this bug. Her husband was still working at the work place when she moved to other lot but suddenly he came back from work when she visited this karaoke lot. I asked her to move to Willow creek lot, Forgotten Hallow lot and her husband was still working at the work place but he suddenly came back home when she visited the karaoke lot even without activating the club. I also heard from other simmer has the same issue. They say suddenly their kids came back from school when their parents visited the karaoke lot.

When she activated the singing club, her husband is the singing club leader but he came back home from work, he didn't get back to clubbing lot.

I think the best fix here is to not visit that karaoke bar and move the club location to another bar instead. If you say that this lot is the only reason for this bug, then there's an easy solution.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Jeansoo wrote: »

I think the best fix here is to not visit that karaoke bar and move the club location to another bar instead. If you say that this lot is the only reason for this bug, then there's an easy solution.

Yes I should do that. :) But I wish this bug will be fixed so that I can visit that karaoke lot anytime without trouble.