Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to kill your pets?

EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
Hey folks,

This discussion was created from comments split from: how to kill your pets?. I'm making a TS4 equivalent of this thread for anyone who would like to share their methods to limit sharing TS4 info in the TS3 specific thread.

Thanks all :)
  • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ChentejChentej Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi you can do the cheat traits.equip_trait Ghost_OldAge {Pet ID}

Hope this is helpful

If you dont know how to get Id do sims.get_sim_id_by_name {PlayedPetFirstName} {PlayedPetLastName}
  • sim_guysim_guy Posts: 2 New Member
    Cheat Code Result
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name {PlayedPetFirstName} {PlayedPetLastName} Get the Pet’s ID. You need this ID to enter the cheat code below.
    traits.equip_trait Ghost_OldAge {Pet ID} Kill your pet and turn into a ghost

Your wellcome
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    Nooo please , we don't have to kill no one nothing in Sims 4 , that's one thing I love about Sims 4 just go to CAS find the family go to edit the family and click on the pet or The Sim and click the X No reason to do anymore You can even X out the whole family at once the X on the far right.
  • EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    1ovemysims wrote: »
    Nooo please , we don't have to kill no one nothing in Sims 4 , that's one thing I love about Sims 4 just go to CAS find the family go to edit the family and click on the pet or The Sim and click the X No reason to do anymore You can even X out the whole family at once the X on the far right.

I second this. I can't kill any of my pets tho. Love them too much! I did delete a sim before though.
    25up6pu.jpg
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited July 2018
    From what I can say, pets can only die by old age in The Sims 4.
    Right now, the only way is to wait. Before Seasons this cheat was possible:
    sims.age_up

(I loved that cheat...)

But the question that got asked was:
    My question is: Can you turn a ghost elderly dog into a younger dog while it's a ghost?

No, you can't (with treats). Like said, before Seasons you could use sims.age_down cheats.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Some people want a pixel army of specific colour ghosts, and ghost pets. :p
    What's the point in having a game of life, without a little death to spice it up? Deleting sims is not as interesting.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I would keep giving the pet age up treats until he gets the company that's wearing black. Just joking, I would never kill my pet, I have enough trouble clicking the X. But I have done it so many times I am getting much better at it. I do like that I can not undo it. :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

This is the same as killing them, lol even worse because you basically wipe them from history as if they never existed. It's not wrong to die, everyone dies.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top