Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2020
    Also, here's an update from Friends of Foes.
    Chapter forty: Henry's tale

[links removed - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited August 2018
    @simscognito @BlackUndecimber I can do up a scale for Lilith XD I almost did when I did the first scaling post. I didn't consider murder/torture as being an art form while scaling Keegan. But he definitely gets a 10 for that. We learn more about Lilith and her lover soonish, I still have Alex/the witchcraft/Alessandra revelations to get to first. Chapter 16 has some BIG shocks. I need to finish and post it :D On to the scale!

Lilith
    Physical Attractiveness- 8
    Morals/Ethics- 10 (she's always looked out for Caleb, in childhood, and in undeath)
    Creativity- n/a (She's more athletically inclined and enjoys working out. Her favorite sports to play are soccer and football. When she was mortal, she loved hunting and horseback riding (especially with Felipe,) shooting, and archery. Felipe once gave her a pair of dueling pistols as a courting gift, which she still has.)
    Personality-Lilith is serious and reserved but she does enjoy the club scene on occasion. She has a few human friends (who don't know what she really is) as well as a friend in the witch community (who does know.) Though turned against her will by Vlad, she has long-since accepted what she is and doesn't understand why Caleb longs to be human again and just accept what he is.
    Emotional/Mental State- 8 Lilith is the more cool-headed and reasonable of the siblings, though she has had her share of tragedies. She warned Caleb that his pursuit of Jas would end in misery for them both, and well, look what happened :/ She's intuitive and compassionate, but sees the bigger picture.

Questions, hmm. I'm not really sure what to ask. Well, one question comes to mind, since nothing is set in stone.

Is there something specific that you want to see? (A scene, plotline, etc) If that makes sense
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    Is there something specific that you want to see? (A scene, plotline, etc) If that makes sense

@NyteRose Well, like I stated in my previous post, I want to see more of Lilith and Felipe. :joy: Maybe it's because there's a teaser of it so far in these chapters and I really want to know more.
    I don't know. I think I remember a chapter somewhere of a flashback between Lilith and Felipe. Possibly need to go back check. :D
    Hmmm.... maybe a scene between Jas and Lilith where Lilith tells her about Felipe. I don't know why since by now I think Jas already understands the danger, but I would like to see that. Possibly because it shows a bonding between the two.
    @simscognito Hmm, Lilith and Jas bonding? Be kinda hard, considering all the hatred/blame gaming between them but considering a future surprise it may work...and they'll be forced to start getting along...
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @simscognito Hmm, Lilith and Jas bonding? Be kinda hard, considering all the hatred/blame gaming between them but considering a future surprise it may work...and they'll be forced to start getting along...

I think they would bond rather well, if a bit begrudgingly, as they have a common interest: Caleb's wellbeing. I'd love to see that too!

Now to answer the question:
    Hmm, maybe a family moment between Lilith and Caleb? Like @simscognito I want to see more of Lilith xD
    This is probably already coming, but I also want to see the plotline about Alexander Goth get tied up. Wylie can just go die.
    edited July 2020
    Chapter 16: Revelations and Regrets, has been completed and published. Be prepared for shocks. Enjoy.
    edited December 2020
    Ooh, I'll go read that post right now.

Here are two updates from me:
    3.12 Shadow
    3.13 On the Record

Currently, at work on the chapter everyone seems to want: Lilith and Felipe! But other stuff will be in it, too.
    edited September 2018
    Oh yes, that reminds me-
    In that last chapter, I guess I got what I wanted :grimace: Though I'm not upset. Wylie deserved it. I just wish it wasn't Caleb that did it, because it really shows that his morals and ethics are all centered around Jasmina.
    edited September 2018
    Oh yes, that reminds me-
    In that last chapter, I guess I got what I wanted :grimace: Though I'm not upset. Wylie deserved it. I just wish it wasn't Caleb that did it, because it really shows that his morals and ethics are all centered around Jasmina.

"Love makes you do the wacky"- Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I ran Wylie's death through my head several different ways while planning it out, and Caleb doing it seemed the most logical solution. Keegan would have no reason to off Wylie - other than for the pure pleasure of killing and a drug deal gone bad didn't seem to fit. :# And being as high as Caleb was- he was capable of nearly anything. So to me, that fit.

Just my two cents :)

edited September 2018
    Thought I'd do up another scale, this time for Alexander since he's going to play a key role in several upcoming chapters. (No spoilers. I'm still working on Lilith/Felipe :) )

Alexander Goth

Physical Attractiveness- 9 1/2
    Morals/Ethics- 8 when he was 19 his parents were going through a very nasty divorce and it's during this time that Alex discovered he's bi. To deal with the stress of his home life, he turned to heroin himself but got clean after a near-fatal overdose at 21. He's been clean for five years. Alex has two female rescue cats, Storm and Midnight, for pets. (Storm is actually one of my RL rescue cats.)
    Creativity- (singing/art/music)- 10 Alex works as a tattoo artist, and a dam**d good one at that. He also plays bass guitar, writes the songs for and is the lead vocalist of his gothic metalcore band, Shadowbound.
    Personality- 7 1/2 On-stage, his very presence drives women (and men,) wild. He's known for his high-energy performances and passion for music. And his screaming. Off-stage, Alex is soft-spoken and prefers the company of his cats or guitar (or small group of friends) to the crowded club scene.
    Emotional/Mental State- 8 Alex has had his share of lemons. He's had a couple bad relationships in the past (they only saw his name and the money associated with it. He can't even access his hefty trust fund till he's 30) so he's become more guarded and serious. After surviving the overdose, Alex viewed that chance as a new beginning and straightened out. He attended and graduated from art college in New Orleans and, apprenticed at Verve Designs, a tattoo/body piercing parlor while there.
    Thank you @NyteRose for sharing your story with us. Eek. Alex and Caleb turning to drugs to solve their problems. That is sad. :(

This week we move onto another writer. @BlackUndecimber , are you good to be featured this week?
    Thank you @NyteRose for sharing your story with us. Eek. Alex and Caleb turning to drugs to solve their problems. That is sad. :(

This week we move onto another writer. @BlackUndecimber , are you good to be featured this week?

Yup, sure! If anyone has any questions, please ask :) I'm open to any comments / criticism.

Yup, sure! If anyone has any questions, please ask :) I'm open to any comments / criticism.

Sweet. So everyone knows what happens?

The writer asks us questions and we can ask them questions. :)

I'll read your latest chapters first @BlackUndecimber and then come up with some questions of my own. I'm really interested in character at the moment, so be prepared for some questions on those. :joy:
    edited December 2020

Sweet. So everyone knows what happens?

The writer asks us questions and we can ask them questions. :)

I'll read your latest chapters first @BlackUndecimber and then come up with some questions of my own. I'm really interested in character at the moment, so be prepared for some questions on those. :joy:

Awesome! Looking forward to it.
    I've finished Gen 3! Late (End of the Beginning)
    There might be stuff there relevant to characters? xD
    I might take a while to come up with any questions, so bear with me :)

edited September 2018
    @BlackUndecimber just read all of your updates. Wow, gen 3 made a bit of a mess of things. :D

So I have some questions.

How long are you planning this legacy to be?

Could the reaper, if he wished, change anyone's fate to suit him? I'm curious about this because of the latest chapter. XD
    He said he couldn't change fate, but with a bit of a nugde and a bribe, he sorta did. But then again, he's always wanted to nab Isaac and I'd think if he wished he would have nabbed him a while ago

Yep, that question was an excuse to talk about Reapers.

Who's your favourite character and why?

What was the most satisfying chapter write?
    @Simscognito Thanks for the questions!

How long are you planning this legacy to be?
    The usual 9 generations, plus maybe a spin off featuring the 10th generation heir? If I can get that far. My game is forever stuck on generation 8 since my laptop broke down. At least the save is safe… xD

Could the reaper, if he wished, change anyone's fate to suit him? I'm curious about this because of the latest chapter. XD
    Well, this is all going to be an elaborate headcanon because if it’s not explicitly mentioned in the story/afterword it’s not canon… but this is what I think.
    Reapers, being the blue-collar workers they are, have some sort of higher power they answer to and gives them their lists. Now if they don’t keep to their lists, they get into trouble with said higher ups. So Jerk Reaper is in for it now. I guess he could argue that his deal was a good deal (“Please sir- it was for the good of the office”) but either way, he overstepped his authority here. At least he tried to make it look like an accident.
    As for why he did it, yes it made his job easier. But I don’t think he would have done it for anyone that’s not Taurus. He won’t admit it, but he did it out of loyalty to his dead (?) friend. Taurus’ number 1 role model was always Grimmie, and even until the end he is on his mind. Jerk would have seen that too and, begrudgingly, helped Taurus follow in his father’s footsteps. (Not a stunt he can pull often, because he might lose his reaper job and never pay off his reaper student loan and his reaper rent.) It’s the same for why he didn’t nab Taurus a while ago. Can’t do that to your bestie’s son, and also... reaper rent.

Who's your favourite character and why?
    Vega. Definitely. She’s… so me. I can’t think of another character I have related to more. In her future I have seen my future, and in time, I hope I can come to terms with that too. Now I’m just getting overly emotional. Brb, gonna cry.

What was the most satisfying chapter write?
    These last four. I wrote them all at the same time in a writing sprint because I was so desperate to be done and it was SO CLOSE. I think it was a good idea too- I had them planned out and ready to go, and it would have taken them so much longer to write one at a time. Good motivation too. So satisfying.

Once again, thanks for the questions! A couple for the readers:

Well, who’s YOUR favourite character? :)

Anything you want to see / expect to see in upcoming chapters?

I'm curious about the Reapers too. So,
    How many times, at their discretion, can they grant additional time to someone before reaping a soul? Do specific circumstances, ie a last wish, play a part in this?
  • poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Hey, am I too late to join up?
    poptarts_ wrote: »
    Hey, am I too late to join up?

Hi @poptarts_ we've had a few absent members in our reading circle, so I think we can have another member. :)
    Cool! Is there a form I should fill out?
    Cool! Is there a form I should fill out?
    No, just introduce your story.

With a name
    Genre
    Any content warnings
    And a brief description of what it's about
    Soo my story is The Asteria Narrative, following Adelaide Asteria in her legacy when her father throws her out to learn a thing or two about having to work hard in life. As a result, she's led to family secret after family secret and a bit of a pickle, to put it lightly. The link is in my bio, there is some adult themes and a bit of graphic content so I'd rate it a 15. :)
    Soo my story is The Asteria Narrative, following Adelaide Asteria in her legacy when her father throws her out to learn a thing or two about having to work hard in life. As a result, she's led to family secret after family secret and a bit of a pickle, to put it lightly. The link is in my bio, there is some adult themes and a bit of graphic content so I'd rate it a 15. :)
    Thanks @poptarts_ . :) I'll update the front page as soon as I get onto the computer.
    Hiya @poptarts_ , welcome to the circle!
    NyteRose wrote: »
    I'm curious about the Reapers too. So,
    How many times, at their discretion, can they grant additional time to someone before reaping a soul? Do specific circumstances, ie a last wish, play a part in this?

Great question. I have not thought this through. Honestly I make stuff as I go along and the lore behind reapers is not something I wrote down and set in stone. I also regret how I dumped exposition on them in the afterword, so I'm going to try to work it into the story in the next gen.
    Now for last wishes... I'm going to say a Reaper's list is not incredibly specific, and some of the stuff is an 'interpret how you will' thing, so they do just that. As for drastic one-offs, I'm guessing they only have a few strikes before they're... fired (?).
    No clue if this will change in the future, but that's what I think for now. :D