Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @poptarts_ I added your story to the front page. Let me know if you want me to change or add anything. :)
  • poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Where do I start guys!
    edited December 2020
    Hi Everyone. Here's the latest chapter of Friends of Foes. :)

Chapter forty one: We Need To Talk

Btw, I'll answer your questions this weekend, @BlackUndecimber :)

@poptarts_ so what happens is that a story is spotlighted each week where we answer the questions of the author and if we want, we can ask them questions too.

This week has been @BlackUndecimber 's Winter's Alchemy. There is a list of our stories on the front page of this thread. :)

[links removed - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    edited September 2018
    @Simscognito Thanks for the questions!

How long are you planning this legacy to be?
    The usual 9 generations, plus maybe a spin off featuring the 10th generation heir? If I can get that far. My game is forever stuck on generation 8 since my laptop broke down. At least the save is safe… xD

Could the reaper, if he wished, change anyone's fate to suit him? I'm curious about this because of the latest chapter. XD
    Well, this is all going to be an elaborate headcanon because if it’s not explicitly mentioned in the story/afterword it’s not canon… but this is what I think.
    Reapers, being the blue-collar workers they are, have some sort of higher power they answer to and gives them their lists. Now if they don’t keep to their lists, they get into trouble with said higher ups. So Jerk Reaper is in for it now. I guess he could argue that his deal was a good deal (“Please sir- it was for the good of the office”) but either way, he overstepped his authority here. At least he tried to make it look like an accident.
    As for why he did it, yes it made his job easier. But I don’t think he would have done it for anyone that’s not Taurus. He won’t admit it, but he did it out of loyalty to his dead (?) friend. Taurus’ number 1 role model was always Grimmie, and even until the end he is on his mind. Jerk would have seen that too and, begrudgingly, helped Taurus follow in his father’s footsteps. (Not a stunt he can pull often, because he might lose his reaper job and never pay off his reaper student loan and his reaper rent.) It’s the same for why he didn’t nab Taurus a while ago. Can’t do that to your bestie’s son, and also... reaper rent.

Who's your favourite character and why?
    Vega. Definitely. She’s… so me. I can’t think of another character I have related to more. In her future I have seen my future, and in time, I hope I can come to terms with that too. Now I’m just getting overly emotional. Brb, gonna cry.

What was the most satisfying chapter write?
    These last four. I wrote them all at the same time in a writing sprint because I was so desperate to be done and it was SO CLOSE. I think it was a good idea too- I had them planned out and ready to go, and it would have taken them so much longer to write one at a time. Good motivation too. So satisfying.

Once again, thanks for the questions! A couple for the readers:

Well, who’s YOUR favourite character? :)

Anything you want to see / expect to see in upcoming chapters?

@BlackUndecimber *Hugs* about Vega. I had to go back and read her story again. She's the one waiting for Sterling right? I loved the way you ended her narrative, which is still open for possibilities
    I am still hoping in fact she isn't waiting for Sterling even though she said she wasn't and Isaac believed her. XD
    Wish both you and her a happy ever after. XD

My favourite character? Hmmm.... I really like Jerk reaper. He's the one who drove Isaac right? He's an interesting antagonist, because at the end of the day, he is doing his job.... but we don't like him for that. XD

Hm... I will have to go away and think about the next question.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited September 2018
    I posted this in the Writer's Lounge thread but figured I'd post here too and maybe on my blog (or not.) I'm thinking about writing an AU version of my story, but I have no idea on how to go about it. So I'm fishing for ideas/feedback/suggestions.
    Currently playing an AU version of my usual game. A big thank you to @RedDestiny92 for Vlad. Here are some screenies:

Jas making out with a made-over version of Vlad. (He was the first vampire she met.)
    43642177155_71cccd499a.jpg09-05-18_6-49-44 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

A sweet kiss from Caleb:
    42742753420_0c5a4185a5.jpg09-05-18_6-53-10 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

Sleeping sweetly on the couch:
    43833641494_221e6e4b61.jpg09-07-18_6-19-08 PM by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

Any ideas/feedback for a storyline is welcomed. The original story isn't finished yet, but this a side project.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

The usual 9 generations, plus maybe a spin off featuring the 10th generation heir? If I can get that far. My game is forever stuck on generation 8 since my laptop broke down. At least the save is safe… xD

Could the reaper, if he wished, change anyone's fate to suit him? I'm curious about this because of the latest chapter. XD
    Well, this is all going to be an elaborate headcanon because if it’s not explicitly mentioned in the story/afterword it’s not canon… but this is what I think.
    Reapers, being the blue-collar workers they are, have some sort of higher power they answer to and gives them their lists. Now if they don’t keep to their lists, they get into trouble with said higher ups. So Jerk Reaper is in for it now. I guess he could argue that his deal was a good deal (“Please sir- it was for the good of the office”) but either way, he overstepped his authority here. At least he tried to make it look like an accident.
    As for why he did it, yes it made his job easier. But I don’t think he would have done it for anyone that’s not Taurus. He won’t admit it, but he did it out of loyalty to his dead (?) friend. Taurus’ number 1 role model was always Grimmie, and even until the end he is on his mind. Jerk would have seen that too and, begrudgingly, helped Taurus follow in his father’s footsteps. (Not a stunt he can pull often, because he might lose his reaper job and never pay off his reaper student loan and his reaper rent.) It’s the same for why he didn’t nab Taurus a while ago. Can’t do that to your bestie’s son, and also... reaper rent.

Vega. Definitely. She’s… so me. I can’t think of another character I have related to more. In her future I have seen my future, and in time, I hope I can come to terms with that too. Now I’m just getting overly emotional. Brb, gonna cry.

These last four. I wrote them all at the same time in a writing sprint because I was so desperate to be done and it was SO CLOSE. I think it was a good idea too- I had them planned out and ready to go, and it would have taken them so much longer to write one at a time. Good motivation too. So satisfying.

@BlackUndecimber *Hugs* about Vega. I had to go back and read her story again. She's the one waiting for Sterling right? I loved the way you ended her narrative, which is still open for possibilities
    I am still hoping in fact she isn't waiting for Sterling even though she said she wasn't and Isaac believed her. XD

My favourite character? Hmmm.... I really like Jerk reaper. He's the one who drove Isaac right? He's an interesting antagonist, because at the end of the day, he is doing his job.... but we don't like him for that. XD

Thanks for the hug xD I am rather mad at that Sterling for messing with my girl Vega but eh, I'll get over it.
    As for Jerk, he's a good character to like because he mortality rate for everyone else is 100%, but he'll stick around foreeeeever. Also one might argue it was Isaac that drove Jerk xD Bugger needs to get his own car if he doesn't want to walk.
    Thanks for the reply :)
    edited July 2020
    This story is not going to be part of the circle but thought I'd drop a link those who may be interested in reading. It's called Black Swan, and is an AU companion/prequel/semi-standalone story to Stars in the Sun. Enjoy.
    Warning: Adult language, violence, and sensuality.
    Synopsis: The war between witches and vampires has been brewing for centuries. Now, that war threatens to spill into the mortal world.
    The last Black Swan, the peacekeeper between the vampires and witch covens, died over two hundred years ago. Centuries later, a new Black Swan has been born. It’s a race between the vampires and the witches to find her first and turn her to their cause.

Will she join the witches and continue to keep the peace? Or will she join the vampires and give into the power of the night?

Forum Thread

Post edited by NyteRose on

Thanks for the hug xD I am rather mad at that Sterling for messing with my girl Vega but eh, I'll get over it.
    As for Jerk, he's a good character to like because he mortality rate for everyone else is 100%, but he'll stick around foreeeeever. Also one might argue it was Isaac that drove Jerk xD Bugger needs to get his own car if he doesn't want to walk.

@BlackUndecimber Ahhh I'm mad at Sterling too. I mean, talk about indecisive or just wanting it all. I don't know. He was sooo frustrating. XD

Yayyyy I love Jerk Reaper. He makes everything interesting and him and Isaac were crack up. XD Apart from the last chapter. That was just sad. :(

What I would like to see more of? Possibly some chapters from Jerk Reaper's point of view. It'd be interesting to see what dilemmas he faces with his career. You know, does he like his job? What tough decisions does he have to face? I dunno, it really depends if this is necessary to your story. :)

@BlackUndecimber Ahhh I'm mad at Sterling too. I mean, talk about indecisive or just wanting it all. I don't know. He was sooo frustrating. XD

Yayyyy I love Jerk Reaper. He makes everything interesting and him and Isaac were crack up. XD Apart from the last chapter. That was just sad. :(

What I would like to see more of? Possibly some chapters from Jerk Reaper's point of view. It'd be interesting to see what dilemmas he faces with his career. You know, does he like his job? What tough decisions does he have to face? I dunno, it really depends if this is necessary to your story. :)

Last minute response before my time is up:
    I'm not sure about chapters from Jerk's POV, as I'm trying to limit the POVs to the family, but it'd be interesting to have a little spinoff or side story with Jerk. It can be about him, his job, and how he makes it through said job being lawful evil xD
    edited September 2018
    Hi everyone,
    I think we're supposed to be spotlighting my story, Friends of Foes, this week.
    I'll think of some questions to ask you all. :D
    And of course you're welcome to ask me questions too. :)
    Post edited by simscognito on

Last minute response before my time is up:
    I'm not sure about chapters from Jerk's POV, as I'm trying to limit the POVs to the family, but it'd be interesting to have a little spinoff or side story with Jerk. It can be about him, his job, and how he makes it through said job being lawful evil xD

Yes do a spinoff! That would be great!
    Hi everyone,
    I think we're supposed to be spotlighting my story, Friends of Foes, this week.
    I'll think of some questions to ask you all. :D
    And of course you're welcome to ask me questions too. :)

Ok questions!

You've been playing your save for quite a while, what about the current generation inspired you to stop and tell this story?

Some chapters imply that the events in Friends of Foes took place a long time ago. Is there a particular reason you did this?

That's it for now... I'll be back if I can think of more :)
    edited July 2020
    What inspired you to write Friends of Foes?
    Do you have a favorite character? If so, who is it?

Hope it's ok to drop this here since it's not in the reading circle but...
    The first chapter of Black Swan is now completed and published. I hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. There is a little overlapping with Stars in the Sun.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    Hi everyone, I'm going to answer your questions soon.
    Got some of my own. Sorry for taking so long this week.

Who's your favourite character? because I'm not feeling very creative. :joy:

Where do you think the story is heading if you have any clue at all? :joy:

Any fears for Henry, since he's not very popular at the moment? :joy:

TalulHenry! Because he seems like a passive guy, but I suspect there’s more to him. He’s caught between loyalties, has an interesting past and was an adorable toddler. Methinks he will be the wildcard in the story, one way or another. I am following you very closely, Henry!

I think whatever fragile agreement reached between the Sweglords and Alex is going to break, and dark secrets will be revealed, and all hell will break loose! I’m waiting for Paris to do something drastic, because as much as he/she wants to keep the peace, the situation will (hopefully) get dire. (I crave destruction.)
    Also, so far it’s been smooth sailing for Alex x Henry (internally, anyway. Externally, they have a lot of problems), and I wonder if they’ll have a sort of fallout, or disagreement that changes their relationship. It’d be interesting to see, anyhow.

Who’s being mean to Henry? :angry:
    I don’t really fear for Henry. What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger, and I doubt he’ll die in this point in the story (let’s hope I didn’t jinx anything). Besides, I’m a fan of characters put in tough situations. It brings up interesting developments. Wake up, Henry! Become the wildcard you are meant to be!
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone. Here's the latest chapter fromFriends of Foes.

Chapter forty two: Al Simhara

Gonna answer the questions this weekend. Have caught something from my fellow uni peers. Yayy. :joy:

@simscognito Hope you feel better soon!
    Posting an update about the latest chapter- still working it out but it will not focus on Lilith and Felipe as originally promised. I can't figure out a way to write that in without sidelining from the main story- and I still have a lot of ground I need/want to cover. So sorry :(
    @BlackUndecimber thanks for these awesome questions. XD
    You've been playing your save for quite a while, what about the current generation inspired you to stop and tell this story?
    I don't actually know what made me want to start on this generation. I have been meaning to write a simLit about these families for a while, so I think it was luck of the draw that when I came round to starting it, it happened to be this generation.

Some chapters imply that the events in Friends of Foes took place a long time ago. Is there a particular reason you did this?
    Well actually it really did take place a long time ago, in 2015 I think. I'm just following what happened in game. XD The reason I reference those events in the story will hopefully become clearer in a particular chapter in the near future.
    edited September 2018
    @NyteRose loved these questions too. XD
    What inspired you to write Friends of Foes?
    Hmm... well, I can't actually remember what made me want to write about Henry and Alex. I remember I wanted to write about that group of friends, but I was having trouble deciding who to write about. I think I went with Henry in the end becuase he was the outsider in the group of friends, which ultimately made Alex the other protagonist because he is Henry's lover.
    I decided to add in echoes of Alexander the Great because I realised I had my perfect Hephaestion and Alexander. (Henry and Alex). I just couldn't help myself, being a fan. :joy:

Do you have a favorite character? If so, who is it?
    About six months ago, I would have said Paris becuase he/she is the most personal character. Pretty much a self insert. :joy:
    However, Alex has to be my favourite at the moment. He's my baby, a spoiled bratty baby, with a whole lot of insecurity and mental health issues, but I love him. <3

TalulHenry! Because he seems like a passive guy, but I suspect there’s more to him. He’s caught between loyalties, has an interesting past and was an adorable toddler. Methinks he will be the wildcard in the story, one way or another. I am following you very closely, Henry!

I think whatever fragile agreement reached between the Sweglords and Alex is going to break, and dark secrets will be revealed, and all hell will break loose! I’m waiting for Paris to do something drastic, because as much as he/she wants to keep the peace, the situation will (hopefully) get dire. (I crave destruction.)
    Also, so far it’s been smooth sailing for Alex x Henry (internally, anyway. Externally, they have a lot of problems), and I wonder if they’ll have a sort of fallout, or disagreement that changes their relationship. It’d be interesting to see, anyhow.

Who’s being mean to Henry? :angry:
    I don’t really fear for Henry. What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger, and I doubt he’ll die in this point in the story (let’s hope I didn’t jinx anything). Besides, I’m a fan of characters put in tough situations. It brings up interesting developments. Wake up, Henry! Become the wildcard you are meant to be!

@BlackUndecimber thanks for the response. :)

Aww you like Henry? Hmmm.... He's actually about to show his true colours in the following chapters, so we'll see. XD

Ooh... those are interesting theories. Paris's patience is certainly being tested at the moment, so you never know. :joy:
    Hmm Alex and Henry having a falling out? Well there is a famous argument between Alexander and Hephaestion, sooo... XD

Lol! Henry is a quiet one. He also likes to sleep in. I'll go and wake him up for you. :joy:
    Hi everyone, I hope it's not too late to ask one more question.

What are your thoughts on Caleb Fyres (Henry's dad)? Do you think he's a good dad? I'm just curious since I've recently had an interesting debate with a simmer about the different kinds of ways parents can show their love.

What are your thoughts on Caleb Fyres (Henry's dad)? Do you think he's a good dad? I'm just curious since I've recently had an interesting debate with a simmer about the different kinds of ways parents can show their love.

Ok so I've been thinking about this for a few days. Conclusion: I don't know.
    I can see both sides of the argument, and while Caleb might be considered a bad dad, I don't think that makes him a bad person. At the worst he's a little bit of a hypocrite.
    Henry is my favourite character and all, but I can't hate Caleb. I feel his dilemma.
    Sorry for the unsatisfying answer... :sweat_smile:
    Oops. I'm so sorry @poptarts_ . Your turn in the reading circle was supposed to start today. Do you have any questions for us regarding your story, The Asteria Narrative?
    I'll think of some questions for you too. :)
    edited September 2018

Ok so I've been thinking about this for a few days. Conclusion: I don't know.
    I can see both sides of the argument, and while Caleb might be considered a bad dad, I don't think that makes him a bad person. At the worst he's a little bit of a hypocrite.
    Henry is my favourite character and all, but I can't hate Caleb. I feel his dilemma.
    Sorry for the unsatisfying answer... :sweat_smile:

@BlackUndecimber that was far from unsatisfying. :smiley:
    I think you might be right about his hypocrisy, especially since he married a Fyres.

Also, Siobhan Fyres (Henry's Grandmother) and Luna Villareal (Alex's grandmother) are best friends. XD
    Post edited by simscognito on
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone. Here's the next chapter ofFriends of Foes.

Chapter forty three: The Lotus Oasis