Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Also, how is everyone going on the reading? Are we ready to begin spotlighting soon?
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Also, how is everyone going on the reading? Are we ready to begin spotlighting soon?

Welcome back! I'm all caught up with reading, so I'm ok with spotlighting. Depends on everyone else :)

Welcome back! I'm all caught up with reading, so I'm ok with spotlighting. Depends on everyone else :)
    @BlackUndecimber cool. :) How about everyone else?
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited August 2018
    Spotlight away! I've been catching up on reading in between real life stuff and writing so I think I'm caught up except for simsostrange- her story is no longer up.
    Chapter 15 is in the works and should be posted soon. I'm just trying to think of a suitable death for a minor character at this point :D

UPDATE: Finally came up with a way to kill this particular character off. Let's just say Chapter 15 is shocking. >:) It's also a little longer than usual, but I didn't want to break up what I feel is a turning point chapter into separate sections. Will update again when it's ready to be published. :)
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    edited July 2020
    "Chapter 15: Dark Offer," is now completed and published. I made a few changes to the original plan but am happy with the result. Enjoy.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    Hi everyone.
    I've noticed we have a couple of absent members, which is fine. I'm thinking maybe we should wait two weeks before we start the spotlighting? What do you all think?
    @simscognito I'm fine with waiting. :)
    Hi everyone.
    I've noticed we have a couple of absent members, which is fine. I'm thinking maybe we should wait two weeks before we start the spotlighting? What do you all think?

I think it's a good idea :)
    edited December 2020
    Here's an update I struggled to write:
    [3.11 Leaving No Regrets
    Hope it makes sense, because I don't know anything anymore :joy:

[links removed - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone. Here's the latest chapter of Friends of Foes. :)
    Chapter thirty eight: Persuade and Persuaded

edited December 2020
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter thirty nine: Something For You

edited August 2018
    @BlackUndecimber A Reaper falling in love with a human alchemist? That's interesting.
    @simscognito What are we doing this week since we seem to have absent members?

I'm working on Chapter 16 but I'm a tad stuck on how to continue. Caleb has saved Jas from an encounter with Keegan in an alley during which she learned the truth about Keegan and Caleb's relationship (no spoilers.) She ended up in the alley after a confrontation with Wylie at an underground rave party. Here's a snippet of where I left off.

“You’re hurt,” Caleb spoke quietly as heartache numbed her mind and spirit. “I can smell the blood. Can I see your injuries? Please?”
    “Okay,” her response was soft, detached. She shivered in her wet clothing and from the chill in the air.
    “Here.” He took his black leather jacket off and put it around her shoulders. He studied her palms, confident that the scrapes were nothing serious and gingerly felt her ankle, checking for broken bones. She winced at the pain. “Nothing’s broken. Looks to be a really bad sprain and some bruising. But your face...” He moved her hair out of the way and saw the angry red imprint of a hand. A little blood smeared a small cut, and her cheekbone was outlined in purplish bruises. Checking her lip revealed swelling and another small cut. Caleb struggled to keep his temper. “Who hit you?”
    “Wylie.” Jasmina swallowed a lump in her throat. “I want to go home.”
    “I’ll take you home."

Any ideas/feedback on how to continue the chapter? I've been resting my brain/playing WoW but still nothing is coming for this chapter. But I'm coming up with stuff for future chapters. :D Help, please.
    @NyteRose I agree, it appears we do have absent members. I think we're just going to have to start the spotlighting without them.

@BlackUndecimber 's story is first on th list, so we can start with their story, if that's okay with them?
    Then we will go with @NyteRose the following week.

Spotlighting will start next week on Monday.
    @simscognito That works for me but it's up to @BlackUndecimber.
    Hiya :)
    Actally if it's alright, could I go later? I'm focusing on tying up generation 3 and it might be better to finish that up first.
    Hiya :)
    Actally if it's alright, could I go later? I'm focusing on tying up generation 3 and it might be better to finish that up first.

Hi @BlackUndecimber That's alright.

@NyteRose would you like to go next?
    @simscognito Go ahead, I'm ready for spotlighting.
    I found a song that fits Caleb to a T in his current mental/emotional state. It's "Break The Cycle" by Motionless In White. The music video has gothic overtones, too. Here are the lyrics:

Break The Cycle

No compromise as I fight to break the cycle
    And bring an end (to this suffering)
    I'm a shadow, a black out, a storm in the background
    (One man's whisper is another's scream)
    Forsaken, I walk the night alone
    No sanctuary
    No place for me to call my home
    (But it's time to break the cycle, go!)
    Can someone tell me who the f**k I am?
    (Now I'm on my knees, try to drain this disease)
    Repair this machine with unsteady hands
    No sanctuary
    (But it's time to break the cycle)
    I've been the prey of my own mind
    Three records later, still confined
    Now I've become my own device
    Of malice and of contemplation
    To go back to expired time
    I'll break through the silence and leave it behind
    And I'm lost on the stage I've spent
    Isolating from nameless faces
    Reliving the same dead end
    (Break through the cycle I swore to condemn)
    No sanctuary
    (But it's time to break the cycle)
    The past is haunting me (haunting me)
    Let go and set me free (set me free)
    Open the door to the unknown

And here's the music video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atzrIixEKZM&list=RDTwO0zLLybQ0&index=4
    Hi everyone. This week we're spotlighting @NyteRose 's story, Stars In The Sun.

Spotlighting is where an author puts together some questions to ask the members of the circle and the members answer them.

Members are also allowed to ask the the writer questions.

It is encouraged that all members respond to the writer's questions, but we understand if members get busy. there is also an opportunity for overlap in the following week.
    Does anyone have questions for me? It's too early for me to think of questions right now :D
    Ok I have a question :)

On a scale of perfection, with 1 being completely messed up and 10 being absolute perfection, where would you put each of your characters?
    Hope that makes sense xD
    Ok I have a question :)

On a scale of perfection, with 1 being completely messed up and 10 being absolute perfection, where would you put each of your characters?
    Hope that makes sense xD

A scale, huh? Okay, I'll do up my own scale and we'll see who, if anyone, agrees with me. Not sure if you want all my characters scaled or not, so, for now, I'll just rank Jas, Keegan, and Caleb. :)

Caleb:
    Physical Attractiveness- 10
    Morals/Ethics- 8
    Creativity (Music)- 10
    Personality (thoughtfulness, humor, empathy, etc)- 8 1/2
    Emotional/Mental State- 3

Jasmina:
    Physical Attractiveness- 7 1/2
    Morals/Ethics-9
    Creativity (Writing)- 10
    Personality- 5
    Emotional/Mental State- 4

Keegan
    Physical Attractiveness- 8
    Morals/Ethics- 1
    Creativity- n/a
    Personality- 7 (he's a charming, seductive sociopath)
    Emotional/Mental State- 1 (he's a few fries short of a Happy Meal)
    edited August 2018
    Kamijo- Castrato
    He's a Japanese musician, known for his solo work and with the band Versailles.
    I want to steal his clothes/hair for Caleb <3 /fangirl off
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqmic7jP5w
    Hi, sorry for the late reply- I got real busy real fast.
    Thanks for the answer! These are just my thoughts…

Caleb:
    Physical Attractiveness- This is subjective, so I’ll take your word for it.
    Morals/Ethics- He does indeed have the best intentions. However I feel like this is just for Jasmina, and doesn’t always extend to others, such as his sister, Lilith. Whatever Lilith may say or do, she has been looking out for his wellbeing for hundreds of years, and while I understand that Jasmina is important to him, he is very quick to put her in front of his long-time family.
    Sorry, went off on a tangent there, I just feel bad for Lilith I guess.
    Creativity (Music)- I’m sure he’s musically talented. It’d be nice to see him in his element more xD
    Personality (thoughtfulness, humor, empathy, etc)- I agree that he’s a generally nice guy. Though like his morals/ethics, it all evaporates as soon as he walks through his house front door.
    Emotional/Mental State- He’s definitely been through a lot, so instability is understandable. Though I’m not quite sure why he’s so vehemently against his vampirism. There doesn’t seem to be many downsides to it.

Jasmina:
    Physical Attractiveness- Once again, subjective
    Morals/Ethics- I can’t remember if there have been any moral dilemmas for Jasmina yet, so I’ll take your word for it.
    Creativity (Writing)- She certainly does well as a writer xD
    Personality- Jasmina seems easily provoked and is quick to spit at someone, I’m guessing this is because of her past traumas? But she’s nice around Caleb so I see potential character growth there. I guess that’s why they’re good for each other.
    Emotional/Mental State- Like Caleb, she’s rather tortured. They can get through it together :)

Keegan:
    Physical Attractiveness- I did not realise this dude was attractive. I guess I subconsciously imagined Vlad. Lol
    Morals/Ethics- Yeah this dude has some messed up morals. He’s a bit obsessive and murder-y.
    Creativity- Aw I’m sure he has SOME creativity, in killing maybe? Who says murder’s not an art? :D
    Personality- I totally agree. It’s scary how he kept up the façade of being a gracious nobleman. That smooth talker
    Emotional/Mental State- Between his obsessions and murder, it’s easy to see where the fries are going missing.

If it’s ok, could you do one for Lilith as well? I think she might be my favourite character.
    Hi @NyteRose . Do you have any questions for us? :)

Also, I agree with @BlackUndecimber . Lilith might be my favourite. Are we going to hear more about her lover? I want to know more about their relationship. XD