Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Graphics Card too new

Hi! If I start my game I get the message that my graphics card not is recognized. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and I think this card is too new. Does anyone know how I can put my card in the database or something? I don't know much about this and I hope someone can help me.

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    You need to get your device number. Then go to Origin games then to Sims 4 game then bin. Find graphiccards then add it in. Then add it to graphic rules. (similar to Sims 3 graphic card fix)
    I have gtx 1060 6 gb card it very new. It must recently got patched in. Hopeful they might consider patching that card in.
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    So how do I add the card in? Do I need to do the same things as for TS3 fix?
    Oh nevermind it's already in there but I don't get why I always get that message. Anyways, thanks for helping me :)
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Evalyn326 wrote: »
    Oh nevermind it's already in there but I don't get why I always get that message. Anyways, thanks for helping me :)

Your welcome. I don't think the 10 series was out when Sims 4 was made. That could just be a game engine false message because the graphic 10 series cards was added after the game been out.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    There's a new gameready NVidia GTX driver out dated 26th June 398.36 that might help your problem. I have the 1060 card and that is ok. According to GeForce Experience (also new update of that) SimCity, Sims3, Sims Medieval and Sims 4 are found and can be optimised from its panel.
    Thanks for the info!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sorry to bump this thread but I thought I might put my two cents in.

- Most of the time, an unrecognized card doesn't do any harm. It just means EA hasn't patched it into the card database so the game doesn't know how to suggest graphic settings for you. You can tweak the graphic settings yourself.. a GTX 1050 is capable of Ultra for Sims.
    - There technically is a way to add the card in yourself as suggested above. There's a Sims 3 guide for how to do it but also works for Sims 4. I don't normally reccomend doing it unless you're experiencing issues or really like editing .sgr files... The Sims 3 doesn't have your card in its database but The Sims 4 should . It's possible you need to update graphics drivers since The Sims 4 can be picky about drivers.
    - As for optimizing the game via GeForce Experience, be mindful it can cause problems for older games like The Sims 3... but not always. Different experiences for others. You can always revert if you optimize a game. Btw, this wouldn't do anything for an unrecognized card.

So in short... don't worry about it unless you're having issues. It should already be in the database now since game patches have come put after launch. You may only see this notice once. Try updating graphics drivers first if you are having problems.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Thank you for all of your comments!
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    please keep in mind that your have to add it in every update, as the list will reset.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."