Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok I'm done with the eyebrows...

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    "I want you to take one of the names that has already been guessed in this thread..."
    Wait a minute. Read this very carefully. I sense a trap of sorts. B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Yet he says he's not a genius.

Fine, whatever. Just brilliant with mods, and computer help in general, and the occasional story, and he's got jokes...

And just when I thought I was being super clever, too.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @puzzleaddict Could it be....Aaron+H = Anorah?
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Michael.

(Don´t know if that´s been guessed before, my eyes got kind of glassy at page 4, also no clue regarding the hint, this is just a gender neutral Star Trek reference :p ).
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    edited July 2018
    Still nothing. If anyone's still interested at this point, I should clarify that my name is common enough not to surprise anyone who's at all familiar with English-language names. No weird spelling, either.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I just read this thread from beginning to end and now I can't stop rearranging the letters in all the incorrect guesses!

@igazor , although I now know that's not true, you will always be Igor to me! (I know that to native English speakers the name Igor sounds sinister and brings to mind the mad scientist's hunchback servant from a horror film, where I live it's just an ordinary name.)
    edited July 2018
    @PalmArrow - There is nothing at all wrong with the name Igor. I've met and worked with several by that name over the years and there were no Transylvanian mad scientist undertones at all. But it so happens to have nothing to do with where "Igazor" comes from, that would be impossible for anyone except possibly one other person on the planet to figure out as it's based on the evolution of an inside joke that would make no sense to anyone else. :)

@puzzlezaddict - Do you think we maybe need to describe that hint and my discovery of its apparent deceptiveness a little more fully? This might be where we are losing people. And based on that information, I've only been able to come up with a very small number of results myself which you have indicated by PM are also incorrect.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @igazor Was it the inclusion of the whole thread, thus it could be one of the guesses for your name? And what was wrong with how I asked the original male or female question?!

Sorry @puzzlezaddict, I've been busy traveling, and not good with anagrams anyway. :)
    No worries @ZeeGee, if you don't like anagrams then you can ignore that part. People can keep guessing or not, either way works for me. I was just bored for a bit last week and came up with a few fun prompts, and I wanted to show them off. But using more than one would make things too obvious, so I went with the clue you saw.

P.S. "Are you a male or a female?" can be read as a yes/no question if you want to be difficult. And I do so love being difficult.
    edited July 2018
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @igazor Was it the inclusion of the whole thread, thus it could be one of the guesses for your name?
    Exactly. The deceptive part is that "Wanda" ( :p ) first listed out all of the up to the moment guesses for the currently being focused upon name, but never said there was any real reason for doing so. I'm also concerned that the instructions are deceptive -- this might not have been intentional though. Add a letter to the beginning of an already guessed name, then rearrange the letters. Does the added letter stay fixed in place in the first position? It never actually says that anywhere, but then we could have added the letter to any position before scrambling them.

And what was wrong with how I asked the original male or female question?!
    "Are you male or female?"
    "Do you use the gents or the ladies wash room?"

Yes.

How does this help?

"May I be so bold as to inquire which gender you are?"
    Yes, you may inquire.

Again, that doesn't really help. o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    And I do so love being difficult.

We are learning that about you! We haven't had anyone difficult around since @mothersuperior2 disappeared so it's kinda nice.

@igazor Oh ok, got it. Maybe I should come out and ask if there's a .... nope, might get banned for that. Nevermind. :smiley:
    edited July 2018
    @igazor Oh ok, got it. Maybe I should come out and ask if there's a
    Y chromosome?

I considered that, but gender identity can be more complicated than simple biology.

How about, "Are you a female?" (not that "Wanda" has to answer, though; I never got an answer to my vowel question either) :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited July 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    @igazor Oh ok, got it. Maybe I should come out and ask if there's a
    Y chromosome?

Why yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. Heh heh heh.

So let's try ONE more time... @puzzlezaddict Do you have a 'Y' chromosome?

Unless you just want us to continue you calling you "Wanda"??? :# Now wouldn't if be funny if that were really it?! Did anyway one guess Dana?
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    edited July 2018
    So let's try ONE more time... @puzzlezaddict Do you have a 'Y' chromosome?

Pretty sure I don't, although in truth I've never looked at my chromosomes under a microscope.

Okay, fine. All indications are that my karyotype is 46, XX. And so is the rest of my identity.

I've already said no to Wanda and Dana both. And no matter how difficult I like to be, I'm not going to lie if someone actually guesses my name. That would just be annoying.
    Female it is! Just as @Charlottesmom thought. Ok, I have to catch up on what's been guessed already before trying again. Be back tomorrow...
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I'm not the greatest at logic puzzles, and if igazor is not having any luck despite discovering a trap here, I doubt I'll have better luck! :lol: But forging ahead, since we have that chromosome question handled.

Alexa?
    Daniele?
    Janet?
    Paula?
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    Courtney, Diane, Diana, Gina, Ashley, Ashlee, Ashton, or Thomas.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    This is still going on? The obvious answer is Raven.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    This is still going on? The obvious answer is Raven.

or Matilda. :wink: but I like Raven sounds like a great name for a witch Sim.
    Still nothing. But I do appreciate the implication that I might be a witch, or else had a brief episode of telekinesis as a child. I think I'd have had a lot of fun with that.
    Jacquelyn, Jackie, Jax, Jackson
    @puzzlezaddict I think your word puzzle stumped us all. :)
    I guess so @ZeeGee, although I have to admit I feel like everyone just barely missed. If you allow for spelling variations and nicknames, people have guessed my middle name, my mom's first and middle names, my brother's first and middle names, my dad's first name, the names of my grandfather, a couple of cousins, and half a dozen aunts and uncles.... I guess my family isn't that creative with names.

But about the puzzle, you can blame @igazor if you want. I asked him to choose which clue I should offer (without his knowing what they were in advance): straight-up, deceptive A, or deceptive B. He flipped a coin and chose deceptive A. And then he almost got the full extent of the deception, but not quite.
    For the record, when asked to choose blindly on Deception A or Deception B, what I actually said was "Yes." But for some reason that answer was not accepted. Only then was the coin tossed.

If we haven't even caught onto the deception fully yet, then I'm sorry but I think you have lost your audience here. We will require more hints if this is to continue.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Got it.
    This week's puzzle comes from puzzlez addict of member station KQED the TS3 forums. I want you to take one of the names that has already been guessed in this thread, add one letter to the beginning of it, rearrange the letters, and you'll come up with the name of a common me. So again: Take one of the incorrect guesses, add one letter to the beginning, rearrange the letters, and you'll have my name.

There is only one common female name I know of that you can get to by adding one letter to the beginning of "it."

Your name must therefore be Wanda...no, wait that flowed out of my keyboard out of habit.
    Your name must be Kit.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!