Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you often dress your sims in clothes from the opposite gender?

124...Next

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yes, I constantly remove the gender tag for more choices
    Most of the time for girl sims, I just prefer oversized clothing and the male outfits kinda reflect that.

For guys I just use it to mostly steal hair and makeup, for some reason there are no raccoon eyes you can give sims and heavy eye shadow remedies that. I don't use feminine clothing on guys because it looks kinda odd, like the chest area has this weird shadow effect on it or it gets puffed up and it kinda looks like they're shoplifting something.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    It depends (please comment)
    I don't do many male outfits on females because there aren't many that have appropriate female body shapes to them, it is like Maxis hadn't thought that women can wear mens stuff before, which is silly because if you look around on google you can easily find women wearing mens clothes.

i was trying to create Claire Manderbrook as a tomboy, one who dresses like a guy, but nothing works because as stated above, so i was forced back into female clothing options. It would be great if maxis corrected all that and kept it in mind for future outfits.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I do this for hair styles, but not clothing. Hair doesn’t have weird morphing issues. Some of the male styles look good on females and vice versa.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    All the time.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    No, I mostly give them clothes from their own gender category
    I do sometimes, but I mostly play male sims and most female clothes look awkward on male frames, which is a pity since male sims could really do with more variety. I sometimes use female hairstyles on male sims since there is a lack of longer hairstyles for males.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No, I always give them clothes from their own gender category so that they fit properly.
  • WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    It depends on the sims. Like what their personality is or what kind of clothes I think they might wear.
  • prn58prn58 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am always cross-dressing my dudes. I like showing off their strong, sexy figures.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Being able to remove the gender tags is my favorite feature of Sims 4 CAS.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If i want to dress my female sims more appropriately i choose male clothing, i dont really like the overshowing of skin.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2019
    I have taken the gender tag off from sheer frustration with the female clothing choices having so few "regular clothes" options. Like, if a female Sim wants to wear a plain old t-shirt, not a form-fitted baby-cap-sleeved "female" t-shirt, or just a plain flannel buttonup or oxford shirt, without having it be unbuttoned down 3 or 4 buttons and straining tight across her breasts, she has to wear a masculine version.

Nothing wrong with being suggestive when you wanna be, but for females there are almost no ordinary items. Female versions of rugby tops, oxfords and other buttonups, are unbuttoned to where in real life, the bra would be showing, and the shirts themselves are often tight across the breasts...would a girl really put on a rugby top or an oxford top for normal casual non-sensual daily life, that was super tight and unbuttoned halfway to her belly button?

I had a female Sim who was in no way interested in dolling herself up, and I had to take the gender tag off, to get her the look she demanded, but it is annoying how that causes weird deformations in the graphics on t-shirts and so on.

She wasn't going to wear a cutesy skull t-shirt with a bow on it, that was the same graphic as the "shop or die!" poster (UGH) I think they have since made the other skull t-shirts in "female" shapes, but she didn't WANT a baby-cap-sleeved, scoop-necked version. She just wanted a dang ordinary T-shirt. And she wants ordinary plaid flannel, and ordinary buttonups over t-shirts, and not be stuck in that Daisy Duke world of All Tart, All the Time.

I haven't had any crossdressing male sims (and my female sim wasn't crossdressing either..she just wanted choices that weren't hyper-sexualized but also not deliberately dowdy), but I have taken off a gender tag for a selection of skirted wardrobe choices for a Voodoo Reaper called Mephisto whose everyday wear was a tribal sort of skirt that looked smashing on him, especially topless with carved jewelry and symbolic face makeup. I have also done that for a sort of Egyptian-priest look (taken the gender tag off so I could use various skirts that looked the part) along with sandals that went well but were marked "feminine".
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I do it now and then.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    There are some jackets and jeans for guys I’d like to use on women but they often look bad on them. Like the jackets look fitted instead of looking oversized, the jeans (I wanted to use those ripped skinny jeans from ROM) don’t look good waist wise.

My male sims are always dressed with male clothes.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    It's situational. Like "girl steals boy's shirt/hoodie/button-up" or something. I do a considerable bit of picture-taking to share with friends so I have the pleasure of explaining to them what's going on and why who is wearing what.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    edited December 2019
    Never.
    Never as well. As was in one of Prince's songs: let a woman be a woman and a man .. be a man.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    I find do it a lot, usually just 1 item, but it mostly depends on the Sim. And I may be imagining it, but they seem to have tweaked some of the meshes recently so they appear better on the female body shape.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I give male sims women’s hairstyles all the time if that counts? A lot of the longer styles look great on male sims
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’ve played around with it a bit before, but I’ve never done anything too crazy. I wanna move out of my comfort zone though, and i wanna use the feature more, especially now that the meshes looks better than they did when the feature first got released :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited December 2019
    Never as well. As was in one of Prince's songs: let a woman be a woman and a man .. be a man.

I mean, is Prince really the best example to use as an example of gender conformity? He'd be the first to be removing the gender tags on clothes!

If we're quoting Prince lyrics, my uni Morgyn is going with, "I'm not a woman, I'm not a man, I am something you will never understand", personally.

GL1YXSq.png
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    @ryttu3k that fifth everyday outfit is so good! I love it :heart:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Faberries thank you, it's my favourite of the lot!
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    I usually don't but I duplicated Johnny Zest and made him a father and brother and dress them all up in skirts and nightgowns because it is hilarious, especially since Johnny's brother and father are possessed and famous. I don't play them, just like to see them pop up around town or in club meetings.

I saved them to the gallery.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    While I generally do leave the gender tags on, I won't hesitate to take them off if the item I want is only available for one gender. Usually it's tops for waitstaff uniforms, but I've also used it occasionally for boots and hair. My biggest hesitation is the poor fit, and not that the item isn't going on the "right" gender.

On the other hand, I'll drop the tags on kids and toddlers without concern, because there's no fit issue. But to date it also hasn't been as necessary either, as most of the options I'd want to use on both boys and girls are available for both (with the exception of a couple of hair styles)
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    All the time especially for my sim self because she looks so good in a tuxedo and I'm a fan of cross-dressing and drag.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I like some of the clothes that could work for both genders, but I still don’t like how male shirts fit women (especially my larger ladies) and the pants don’t work for me.