Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bodyshop...a thread for Spikemetal

lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
spikemetal wrote: »
bodyshop not showing items after injecting. anyone know why? custom content in game is empty. where does it put them and is there a way to fix this manually? was told it is in the 'save' file but i can not find it.

@Spikemetal, I've created a thread for you in hopes that someone can help you with this... :)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi @spikemetal

What does injecting mean?
    Did you install the Custom Content into the Downloads folder? :)
  • spikemetalspikemetal Posts: 20 New Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Hi @spikemetal
    >
    > What does injecting mean?
    > Did you install the Custom Content into the Downloads folder? :)

bodyshop has inject option after you finish a project. it did not do it, so i did it manually. that did not work and im having a hard time finding a thread to help with that.
    thank you lisa :)
    edited July 2018
    How did you do it manually?
    It should save the project to SavedSims folder in Documents/EA Games.... (iirc)

*Do you have the Ultimate collection?
    there is no save folder or i cant find it, they do not tell you these things. i copy and pasted into the download folder as many suggested online. that did not work. problem is most post are fro windows 7 or higher and i still use xp home.
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > How did you do it manually?
    > It should save the project to SavedSims folder in Documents/EA Games.... (iirc)
    >
    > *Do you have the Ultimate collection?

yes. got it from ea with origin loader. origin support is very helpful
    What do you mean no save folder? I'm not understanding. :(

By opening BodyShop it will make the Save folder- Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection -Which is where the Downloads folder is (for Custom Content) and SavedSims folder (where Bodyshop puts the Imported edited items you make in bodyshop).

Did you look in your Documents folder for the EA Games folder? That is the Save Folder but not the SavedSim Folder. :)
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > What do you mean no save folder? I'm not understanding. :(
    >
    > By opening BodyShop it will make the Save folder- Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection -Which is where the Downloads folder is (for Custom Content) and SavedSims folder (where Bodyshop puts the Imported edited items you make in bodyshop).
    >
    > Did you look in your Documents folder for the EA Games folder? That is the Save Folder but not the SavedSim Folder. :)

its not there and there are to many files to list without a screenshot, and we do not have that option here :(
    the saves sims is in bodshop, but not in sims 2 uc like everyone says. dont know what the problem is. when i go in game there is no custom content. it is empty.
    edited July 2018
    How strange... :(
    You can't run BodyShop or the Game without it creating the Save folder called EA Games in your Documents folder. What files are you looking at? I'm asking about Folders. :(
    You don't even have the Print Screen option to paste on Paint? :(

Since you're a new member you can't post a picture but you can post a modified link with some extra dots and space which we could modify to use. :)

You never answered- how did you Manually Import a project from BodyShop into your Save files. Which would mean you know where the game files are in Documents. This has me confused and I guess we're talking crossways. :)
    Documents%20and%20Settings/john%20bennett/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/sims2.bmp
    think i made a mistake. dont know how to delete or edit after posted.. :( hate forums with no options
    edited July 2018
    You have to upload your screenshot/paint to a 3rd party site such as https://imgur.com/ and then get the link from the site and share it here. You can't link to your computer files. :)

** Once I import my edited outfit-
    aIU57mi.jpg

The Game puts it at this place in my Save files- (Win7 but same in Win10)
    ajhKo8f.jpg
    it wont let me post links...i will try on your profile ok?
    > @spikemetal said:
    > it wont let me post links...i will try on your profile ok?

sent
    edited July 2018
    Okay...
    sims2.png

Did you move folders into folders? This looks like you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection inside The Sims 2 with another Sims 2 inside EA Games. This will take someone who can explain things better than I.

Did you uninstall your Sims 2 before installing TS2UC?

Can you show me what's inside your EA Games folder?

How did the BodyShop folder get there? It should be set up in Projects...

This is my Documents with EA Games folder. And that is your Saves- EA Games :)
    BnhttvB.jpg
    There is no other folders in EA Games... just the TS2 UC and then that folder contains the rest.
    that is the ea games folder. i had double deluxe installed when i installed uc, but i uninstalled it and thats what im left with.
    this is XP home edition. thats why its not the same as 7 or higher and why many problems trying to get help.
    edited July 2018
    Did you remove the old Saves or at least move them out? The game puts the Ultimate Collection in the EA folder because that's where they go, the thing is- I don't remember BodyShop being in there and you also have 2 The Sims 2 folders- how strange. :(
    I don't remember XP although I did use it. :)

It will take someone better at explaining than I. Most know that I'm not that good with worlds. Sorry. :cookie:

*You still didn't say how you Manually moved Bodyshop files to the game?... is that how BodyShop got there? :(
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Did you remove the old Saves or at least move them out? The game puts the Ultimate Collection in the EA folder because that's where they go, the thing is- I don't remember BodyShop being in there and you also have 2 The Sims 2 folders- how strange. :(
    > I don't remember XP although I did use it. :)
    >
    > It will take someone better at explaining than I. Most know that I'm not that good with worlds. Sorry. :cookie:
    >
    > *You still didn't say how you Manually moved Bodyshop files to the game?... is that how BodyShop got there? :(

copy and paste them in folder you want them in. thats why i dont like windows uninstaller, it leave traces everywhere when it should take them out. i removed it before i got 'iobit uninstaller' that cleans all traces.
    So, you copy/pasted the BodyShop into your Saves (Documents/EA Games folder)?

Do you have 3 folders in your Documents-EA Games folder (The Sims 2/The Sims TM 2/The Sims BodyShop/The Sims TM 2 Ultimate Collection)?

I don't remember XP but Maybe renaming those or moving those TS2 folders (and BodyShop) out of there and leaving only the Ultimate Collection folder in EA Games might help... Just move them where you remember and can retrieve. :)
    i moved them to downloads as web searches suggested. maybe i should uninstall all and reinstall to fix. im not sure and that will take hours.

bodyshop i think was on double deluxe disk.
    edited July 2018
    Bodyshop is in your Computer files with the UC.
    This is where it is on my Win7 - I don't believe you have the (x86) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin And you can make a Shortcut of TS2Bodyshop.exe for your desktop.

It will use the Projects folder in your EA Games/TS2UC folder for when you export something to work on and then save what you import into the SavedSims folder (your completed project after Importing). :)

thanks.. im going to take a break here and try some things. :)