Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ugly townies bother you? Do you find townies ugly?

Comments

• Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Most townies are not ugly.
    The random outfit thing bothers me the most, tbh--some of the dudes in my 'hood have been wearing dresses lately, so that's weird..

SAME! Oh my God. I've seen them everywhere! Ever since I installed seasons.

lol same here. One guy the other day was wearing that bathing suit that looks like a short dress with a bra. I almost died.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited July 2018
    Most townies are not ugly, but, I too mind more about the frequency of their poor choice in clothes.

Edit: And lack of more natural hair shades. That yellow shade (you know the one I mean) needs tweaking. I was excited for the skin tone update.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    The problem with them is not actually their faces, but sometimes the sometimes the clothes doesnt match eachother. Sometimes i can even see someone named in arab or japanese names, and they dont look nothing like they were supposed to look. The SimGurus could fix the clothes problem by just making the townies wear only the Styled Looks instead of picking random pieces. They could also let us create our own Styled Looks and save them.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Thing is for me, that reworking stuff is half the fun. I will sometimes just watch my passersby and look for features that aren't identical to everyone else or for an attractive npc and if I find one, I get excited 'cause that'll be the base for my next played sim. I'll take him/her up to CAS, cc 'em up and take them for a spin. The fun part of that is that I hate just deleting someone's "happy family" so when I do find a "keeper", I usually feel inclined to makeover their entire household (if they have others in it) as well, and that can be both challenging and fun. Sooo, I guess ugly townies are fun! :)
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited July 2018
    All generated townies bother me regardless of how they look lol. My sim world must only be my creations. I make all the townies myself.
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    I never really thought about this till now, but I would have to agree with what you said. It was never an issue with me. I enjoy how the townies all seem like they could be real people. They feel more realistic this way.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    some people are so vain, even in a sims game :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I have found that through the years the townies have gotten better looking and much worse at dressing, lol. I have several "townies" who are involved with my CAS sims. I don't play them, my sims just dates and marries them...then I play them. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited July 2018
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I have found that through the years the townies have gotten better looking and much worse at dressing, lol. I have several "townies" who are involved with my CAS sims. I don't play them, my sims just dates and marries them...then I play them. :p

agree. about their looks and I use the odd remade for my own sims.

in the sims 2 we had some pretty odd looking townie sims, but they dressed well :p since then the sims 3 and the sims 4 have had improved looks with some but with odd clothing.
    I found with the sims 2 packs and store clothing to be free of odd clothing and costumes.
    but with the sims 3 or 4 some people like to see there sims dressed as

hot dogs and Christmas trees ect ect.

one thing I do find odd is with say the hot dog costume. why it never came with something food related.
    in the real world don't they use costumes like that to promote a business?

marcel21 wrote: »

in the sims 2 we had some pretty odd looking townie sims, but they dressed well :p since then the sims 3 and the sims 4 have had improved looks with some but with odd clothing.
    I found with the sims 2 packs and store clothing to be free of odd clothing and costumes.

one thing I do find odd is with say the hot dog costume. why it never came with something food related.
    marcel21 wrote: »

I would only ever use it with dine out.

• Bellamy_PlaysBellamy_Plays Posts: 22 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    Some Townies are ugly but most are not
  • NeyMessiNeyMessi Posts: 33 Member
    Doesn't bother me one bit if they're ugly or not. I am kind of laughing at the idea that people refuse to play the game if the townies are ugly.
    tumblr_njb7xiN4R21th8zu1o1_250.gif
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    All/most townies are ugly. It really bothers me.
    haha this is too funny!
    I get really irritated to see their bad clothing/hairstyle combinations actually. They make no sense. They don't have a logic personality either and its hard to find proper friends like that. Their face, eye- and hair colour together are like 3 races combined that wouldn't even genetically make sense. Its TOO random and i never feel they have a personality or a certain race or story behind them. I wish that would be more thinned out though.
    I do find it realistic enough that sims are average looking, but they are mostly just horrible looking in my game. By that i mean the above.. it doesnt make sense and i tend to hate them based on that.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    edited July 2018
    Doesn't bother me one bit if they're ugly or not. I am kind of laughing at the idea that people refuse to play the game if the townies are ugly.

I don' t think most people refuse to play. More like, they fix them when it bothers them.

I feel like all the sims look about the same. So its not that they are ugly, but man I can't find any townies with more exaggerated or stronger or much weaker features. Something to differentiate them some how. I just ignore them, but it bothers me a bunch when I am looking for sims to date or marry. I like the premades though.
    Post edited by Otoyo on
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    I really like some premades but the in-game generated townies. Some are okay others are special . But I make some over anyway
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    What I noticed while watching an older let's play from 2014 is that the townies looked fairly normal back then. Their clothing choices actually made sense, as well as skin and hair color. It seemed to have become more ridiculous after City Living released. Now, I have too many townies with City Living clothes (this long skirt urghh). They also wear too many accessories. This clearly wasn't the case in 2014. In the let's play I've seen, you could actually confuse the townies for premades lol.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    What I noticed while watching an older let's play from 2014 is that the townies looked fairly normal back then. Their clothing choices actually made sense, as well as skin and hair color. It seemed to have become more ridiculous after City Living released. Now, I have too many townies with City Living clothes (this long skirt urghh). They also wear too many accessories. This clearly wasn't the case in 2014. In the let's play I've seen, you could actually confuse the townies for premades lol.

That long skirt is the one article of clothing I would like to completely get rid of. I hate the colors and style, but most of all, I hate how every sim uses it.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2018
    I love the random townies, you just never know what your gonna get! Some of them just end up looking so ridiculous that you just can't help but laugh, lol! I just leave them as they are for the sake of humor.
    23760263_1443813889064539_1633235267_o.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=d9ca0f909f041e1dee8831a27c12430e&oe=5B622213
  • SimanthropySimanthropy Posts: 223 Member
    not all of them. I remember back in the sims 3 we had some decent looking townies, some of my sims even married them. some had some good looking children even, the others well let's not talk about them. :*
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Some of the outfits that are generated on townies are absolute eyesores.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2018
    What bothers me is how generic they look and that the RNG seems off (80% of all random townies are white-skinned Japanese people), and more than that their stupid, STUPID outfits. Ohand 99% of random female townies are REALLY FAT.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I just wish we had an option to blacklist certain cas items so they don't appear on randomly generated townies. The first thing I would do is blacklisting nearly every city living and vampires outfit, as well as all accessories because that's the things the townies are just going overboard with. I'm fine with the names, as there are enough mods out there to fix them, but I would love if they would finally implement the English names in every language version of the game. After removing my mods, I forgot to readd my english names mod and was faced with a mix of Japanese, Arabic and cringy German names only old people would have.
    What bothers me is how generic they look and that the RNG seems off (80% of all random townies are white-skinned Japanese people), and more than that their stupid, STUPID outfits. Ohand 99% of random female townies are REALLY FAT.

That's what the devs call "diversity" lol.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    All/most townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    It doesn't bother me too much because when I check out townies I'm just looking for aliens, when I find them I edit them in cas so all the reg townies I remove because I don't have the time, space or use for them specifically. Rarely I find a cutie to keep and use, but again, rarely.

The way they generate annoys me, Example being if you go to a venue or such they spawn by the dozens but on a regular house play they seem to drip through, and the way they dress, don't get me started!

But yeah, townies aren't that much of an issue...except for their fashion sense
  • jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    Honestly it doesnt bother me unless a townie looks absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes I do find myself going in and having them look more put together. I also would have to go in and make a lot of teens look better. My teen sim is a model, actress, and the most famous teen in my game. I wanted her to have a cool possy but there were no cute guys for her and cute sims teen girls for her to hangout with. These are moments when I go in and fix sims up in CAS.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    I agree, that long skirt and halter top needs to be obliterated. If I never see that outfit combination again I will be a very happy woman.