Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ugly townies bother you? Do you find townies ugly?

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    I don't mind ugly townies, most are average looking. It also adds realism considering most people in reality are not beautiful. Its just the ridiculous, unrealistic outfits that are both amusing and annoying, especially at formal events.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I tend not to fix their physical appearances so drastically. A different hairstyle here, a makeup fix there, nothing crazy. I will change up their outfits if they look too ridiculous. Everyone in the game can't look like superstar models in my opinion.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    Brindleton wrote: »
    To me it's more that I hate the randomized outfits. They can be downright crazy at times.

But I don't think too much about them.

Many of the townies are just fine after a wardrobe and hair adjustment. I guess the cat ears were supposed to be cute for cat lovers but I'd rather have left that sort of thing to CC personally. I only worry about the townies that are really in need of fashion sense or the hair just doesn't seem to fit, then I'll use shift-click to get the UI Cheats and modify them in CAS. So that I'm not spending as much time in CAS, they get three everyday, three hot weather and three cold weather outfits (my played Sims get 5) and one of all the other categories.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    All/most townies are ugly. It really bothers me.
    It really does. That's why I use a mod to create my own. :)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's the clothes they pick, the fashion police have their hands full.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Really doesn't bother me. I like to imagine that my sims have a different standard of beauty than I do. I also rarely interact with game created sims so that might be why I'm not bothered.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    It annoys me. They're all pear shaped, pale and bland looking. They almost look like clones. Randomly generated elder vampires are even worse, with their vampires clothes being all over the place. The clothes are completely random, with random stockings, gloves and jewelry.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    unless I wanted one of my sims to date, marry or have kids with one. I really don't care about the townies to be honest. I give makeovers some times if i wanted to play one but other than that. no issues with them.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Most townies are not ugly.
    I tend not to pay too much attention to townies in general. I can't say I've really had a major problem with any. Even if they did, I'm far too lazy to actually go in and edit them anyway.
  • Options
    eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    I have to admit, I have a really bad habit of opening up CAS to fix any ugly townies I see around. I try not to change their facial features (although sometimes it's a must) but I almost always change their clothes and sometimes hair. I do make sure each sim looks different in terms of clothing & appearance so my world is still diverse, just with clothes that match! ;)
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I don't mind their appearance... I just get bored of having the same townies in every save :'D
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It really bothers me.
    It only bothers me when their genes create children that look like no human who would ever exist.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I love giving townies fashion makeovers and I've found that once I give them decent clothes/hair/makeup/accessories, most of them are quite cute!
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I fill my worlds with all my families collected over 4 years and they seem to be the only ones roaming about. They fill the cafes and restaurants and are the bar keepers etc. (with a game limit of 200).
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm fed up of townies with Asian names wearing ridiculous clothing combinations, especially black sims with bright orange hair. So unnatural.

I'd rather we were allowed to create our own pool of townies. Heck, why even have townies to fill up job slots? Why not make librarian/massage therapist/barista careers so we get to see our sims at work when we visit community lots.
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    I find most townies ugly, but then again, I don't like the appearance of most people irl, lol. I can fill the world with as many attractive sims as I like however, so I don't get the need to "makeover" the whole town. I can simply delete anyone I don't like.
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    makorthawatmakorthawat Posts: 18 Member
    it bother me a lot.i see enough of real people ugliness. at least let me have good looking people around me just in game.
    all sims in my town have too narrow hip or narrow shoulder (worst is too fat too fit and has narrow shoulder ughhhh!) and wear crop top. why this game keep generate ugly people to me.I end up use mc command to delete em all but they keep come back. why?????
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    They all look the same to me. All of mine are Asian, blonde haired and have pear body shapes. I have 2 named Akito Tanaka. They are all the same.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I don't think the random townies are "ugly", I just hate their hair/outfits. Speaking of ugly, flashbacks of Sims 2 random generated townies...
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    My oldest townies are ok, they were generated before SOMEONE at Maxis decided to up the occurence of accessories on sims.

The newly generated ones are disasters.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited July 2018
    The outfits are mainly what bother me, but if they have unrealistic coloring (such as the extremely pale skin mixed with blond hair and a Japanese name), I change it to something more natural. Townies also are the gene pool I choose spouses from, so I want a good selection for my heirs.

And even if the townies aren't necessarily ugly, they have the same facial presets and I sometimes edit them a bit for more variety.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Since I use mcc which has story progression including pregnancy, I wanted decent looking townies for genetic. Don’t care how their children end up though. As long as the clothing isn’t overly crazy
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    The random outfit thing bothers me the most, tbh--some of the dudes in my 'hood have been wearing dresses lately, so that's weird... Most times though, they are good looking enough and just need a new hairdo or something.

But seriously though, real talk-- one of my new sim girls was at the library the other day and met the townie librarian... needless to say, they live together now. I've never in my years and years of playing the Sims ever seen two sims hit it off so well. He is always serenading her without my permission. I seriously love playing their household because they're always so romantic with each other, it's like they're actually in love. Idk if it's the new content or what but it's enough to make me kinda jealous! ;)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    But seriously though, real talk-- one of my new sim girls was at the library the other day and met the townie librarian... needless to say, they live together now. I've never in my years and years of playing the Sims ever seen two sims hit it off so well. He is always serenading her without my permission. I seriously love playing their household because they're always so romantic with each other, it's like they're actually in love. Idk if it's the new content or what but it's enough to make me kinda jealous! ;)
    This is so funny and cute. Thanks for making me smile!
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    > This is so funny and cute. Thanks for making me smile!

You're welcome! Before I had him move in, he'd either call for a date or visit the house daily. It was really sweet. I like that I didn't create him and he just came out of the ether. I'd gone on a townie deleting rampage right before that too (so many elders!), so obviously he was created right after the purge. It was meant to be!