Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothing and hats that need FIXING.

I may be naive, but I hope these two issues have NOT been brought to the front before. If they had, it could mean that EA is too busy to listen, but that is not the case, right?
There is a pair of Base Game jeans whose instep looks like a badly soiled diaper. They look as if I had made them, with my complete ignorance about designing nice looking jeans for a video game. They have not been fixed in any patch before, and that is why I can't stand it any longer and had to post here. They could be very nice jeans too, if they had a nice looking instep.
Also, the City Living head scarves and wraps ONLY have a dark brown hairline, so I cannot use it with my blonde or redhead Sims. This is a terrible overlook, in my opinion. Granted, this issue, like the one above, is not game breaking, but both are enjoyment impairing to me. I think those head scarves are cute and I would love to use them, but when I see how the change in hair color modifies my Sim's look, I take them off.
My game is patched and updated to the latest version, and I still see these things happen.
I still hope they will be addressed. Sooner rather than later.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Please add pictures.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited July 2018
    In my game right now. Which base game jeans are you talking about for male or females? Scarves and wraps? Haven't noticed it but I'll take a look one different haired sims.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    Sorry, you are right. Difficult to see without them. Also, I made a mistake, the jeans are from Movie Hangout, not Base Game.
    from-Movie-hangout.jpg

And the scarves / hats from City Living:
    from-City-Living-hats.jpg

And since I am doing this, please check these pants also from City Living, the sim is supposed to be wearing socks with them, but these do not show in these pants:
    from-City-Living-1.jpg
    Thank you.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't see what you're talking about in the jeans. They all look fine to me. They just look baggy, however, I had not noticed the head wraps change hair color. They definitely shouldn't make a sims hair turn brown.
    I know what you mean about the jeans. The issue is not huge, as I said earlier.
    But if they were going with baggy, the end result in my opinion is disgusting.
    It may not be the best picture, but in between the legs you can see that there is like a triangle of "fabric" that "hangs". It is not loose like in jogging pants, but rather, it looks like I said, like soiled diapers.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Ah, I see what you mean about the wraps. I didn't notice it since most of the sims I tend to have wear it usually have dark hair and have midtone and dark skins. Yeah, definitely an oversight with that for sure. Hope they fix that or if they're aware of it. Actually noticed a few days ago I couldn't add socks to the skin tight pants, which was actually just by accident. (Not that you can see most socks with certain shoes anyway.)

Most baggy pants don't always look appealing in general. Just has a low crotch which isn't too uncommon with some jeans. They don't look bad to me honestly, but like most pants I gotta find an appropriate shirt to pair with it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DemonPosterDemonPoster Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but there is an outfit in the stylized looks that is repeated. I noticed it when choosing outfits for a teen male. The outfit is called Too Cool for Sleeves, and the 2nd and last outfit are exactly the same. I can't post pictures just yet due to my status in the forums.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    RedMallie wrote: »
    I know what you mean about the jeans. The issue is not huge, as I said earlier.
    But if they were going with baggy, the end result in my opinion is disgusting.
    It may not be the best picture, but in between the legs you can see that there is like a triangle of "fabric" that "hangs". It is not loose like in jogging pants, but rather, it looks like I said, like soiled diapers.

I agree with you about the jeans. I've stopped using them because of that hanging fabric. It just doesn't look right.

No idea about the head wraps. Its really not common to see people use those where I live. So I never use them (I'll always let Anaya Jang keep hers, though. She rocks it :) )
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    And since I am doing this, please check these pants also from City Living, the sim is supposed to be wearing socks with them, but these do not show in these pants:
    from-City-Living-1.jpg

My sim is wearing those pants at the moment, and I have a mod that causes my sim to remove their shoes when they are in their homes. For some reason I couldn't figure out why she wasn't wearing any socks, even though in CAS I did put a pair on her. Everyone else is wearing their socks.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    from-City-Living-1.jpg

My sim is wearing those pants at the moment, and I have a mod that causes my sim to remove their shoes when they are in their homes. For some reason I couldn't figure out why she wasn't wearing any socks, even though in CAS I did put a pair on her. Everyone else is wearing their socks.

Those look like leggings - I don't recall sims wearing socks with leggings. Aren't they in the same category under accessories?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    from-City-Living-1.jpg

Those look like leggings - I don't recall sims wearing socks with leggings. Aren't they in the same category under accessories?

I think they’re in the skin tight category of pants along with some of the workouts gear from spa day.

Did they ever fix the gladiator sandals from spooky stuff? They do weird stuff to sims legs sometimes.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I read somewhere the purposely made all the hair the same color under the city living hats. They didn’t think it was necessary for all hair colors since you can’t see it. Odd but you really can barely see it under. Also the devs have stated that not doing stuff like this gives them more time to focus on other details in the game that wouldn’t be there without that time. They do have deadlines and a small team compared to other iterations. I’ll take the extra details or whatever vs all hair colors under headgear where you can’t see the hair, but I guess I see why this would be irritating to some. It’s a once you see if you can’t unsee it thing.
    Sorry for the long explanation but I just didn’t want this to turn into a the devs are lazy and not trying thread. I don’t think that was the reason I truly think they didn’t have the time and they had to cut back on something. That is just how it is this time round and it’s unfortunate but I do think they are working very hard on this game, especially recently.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I read somewhere the purposely made all the hair the same color under the city living hats. They didn’t think it was necessary for all hair colors since you can’t see it. Odd but you really can barely see it under. Also the devs have stated that not doing stuff like this gives them more time to focus on other details in the game that wouldn’t be there without that time. They do have deadlines and a small team compared to other iterations. I’ll take the extra details or whatever vs all hair colors under headgear where you can’t see the hair, but I guess I see why this would be irritating to some. It’s a once you see if you can’t unsee it thing.
    Sorry for the long explanation but I just didn’t want this to turn into a the devs are lazy and not trying thread. I don’t think that was the reason I truly think they didn’t have the time and they had to cut back on something. That is just how it is this time round and it’s unfortunate but I do think they are working very hard on this game, especially recently.

That is laziness. City Living as a whole was a lazy expansion, but it’s not like they were saving a bunch of time by cutting those corners. If they didn’t want visible hair they should have designed the hats to not show any, but instead they designed them to show hair and then chose to not add in the hair colors. Mismanaged expansion.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

That is laziness. City Living as a whole was a lazy expansion, but it’s not like they were saving a bunch of time by cutting those corners. If they didn’t want visible hair they should have designed the hats to not show any, but instead they designed them to show hair and then chose to not add in the hair colors. Mismanaged expansion.

I'm inclined to agree on this one; why barely show the hair if you don't intend on anyone seeing it anyway? Even the statue busker hats make all my sims look bald if they wear it, why couldn't they bother with the head scarves?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Agreed. The scarves are as important as any other hat or headgear. Why not make the time to do this right the first time?

More recently, I have seen another issue with a hat.
    The hat that comes with the beekeeper suit appears on sims when they are wearing towels in their residential lots.
    My sim used the beekeeper suit while working with his bees. Then I gave him a break and sent him to the sauna. He changed into a towel alright, but he was also wearing the beekeeper suit hat.

BEE-HAT-N-TOWEL-ISSUE.jpg

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Here is Sim Guru Nick explaining the issues with the head wraps
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    For the towel outfit issue, please post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Towel-outfit-has-random-accessories/m-p/6874860#M63699

As for CAS asset issues, there's a few listed here you can post in: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6374068#M67987 and if yours isn't listed, just create a new thread. Make sure to add pictures and circle the issue.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top