Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Computer Requirements for max settings

cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
Okay guys I have a question.

I wanna run the sims 4 with all packs & mods/cc on Max graphics settings but im not totally sure if it’s capable with my laptop. I’m not that tech savvy and I tried researching and got nothing.

I have a cheap affordable gaming laptop (i asked at the place if sims 4 was able to run and they said yes) ive had this laptop for 2 years and have been playing sims 4 on medium to low settings but im afraid to go max because idk if my pc might crash.

My laptop info:

• Brand: Acer Aspire E15
• Device: Gaming Laptop
• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
• Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)
• System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Link to graphics settings: https://prnt.sc/k6ngwm

Windows specifications (not sure if info is needed):

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
• Version: 1803
• OS build: 17134.81
forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    You'd probably want something with at least 8gb of RAM and a quad core processor. Yours is dual core. Do you know what graphics card it has?
  • cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    You'd probably want something with at least 8gb of RAM and a quad core processor. Yours is dual core. Do you know what graphics card it has?

im not sure, idk where to find that info at but i have a link to graphics settings here https://prnt.sc/k6ngwm
    edited July 2018
    To find out information about your graphics device, open up your File Explorer and click on 'This PC'. Select the 'Computer' tab at the top, next to 'File'. Click on Properties, then open Device Manager. Graphics card information should be under 'Display adapters'.

Disregard this, its in your screenshot
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    It’s definitely not powerful enough for max setting, all dlc and custom content :(
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    Your laptop won't be capable of running the game at Ultra graphics settings with all of the packs.
    You should probably look into investing in a laptop with a dedicated graphics card if you want the best performance. The techs on this forum can help you find one if you let them know your budget and country.

Don't go for max settings on the laptop you currently have as it may overheat and you may shorten its lifespan.
    As a side note, what packs do you currently have?
    Amiutza wrote: »
    It’s definitely not powerful enough for max setting, all dlc and custom content :(

rip me then, ill probably upgrade my laptop eventually. my game runs smoothly on the settings it has now with reshaders and stuff aswell.
    Your laptop won't be capable of running the game at Ultra graphics settings with all of the packs.
    You should probably look into investing in a laptop with a dedicated graphics card if you want the best performance. The techs on this forum can help you find one if you let them know your budget and country.

Don't go for max settings on the laptop you currently have as it may overheat and you may shorten its lifespan.

i have all packs plus the free dlc
    cutieje wrote: »

This is unrelated but have you been running into any problems running Cats and Dogs?

This is unrelated but have you been running into any problems running Cats and Dogs?

not at all

not at all

Alright.

So do you have the money for a new laptop or are you content running the game on low-medium settings for now?

not at all

Alright.

So do you have the money for a new laptop or are you content running the game on low-medium settings for now?

I don't have the money yet and im not sure as to what laptop i want to get at the moment, but for now im fine with my settings. I just want my game to look nicer because im going to be starting let's plays on youtube. :)

not at all

Alright.

I don't have the money yet and im not sure as to what laptop i want to get at the moment, but for now im fine with my settings. I just want my game to look nicer because im going to be starting let's plays on youtube. :)

Fair enough :)

When you do have the money and are ready to upgrade, you can always ask the tech forum for advice.

not at all

Alright.

Fair enough :)

When you do have the money and are ready to upgrade, you can always ask the tech forum for advice.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »

rip me then, ill probably upgrade my laptop eventually. my game runs smoothly on the settings it has now with reshaders and stuff aswell.
    Unfortuanlly, laptops are very limited when it comes to upgrading. Only some laptops allow for ram and drive upgrades/swaps. Very few high-end gaming laptops allow for a video card swap. You will have to look up your laptops model to see if you can upgrade the ram but you can't do anything about the processor or integrated graphics. Not worth the money spent on ram since it will still be under requirements. Save the money and put it towards a new computer in the future. Desktops are cheaper and can be upgraded if you don't need to be mobile.

Keep in mind some of those salespeople at stores make commission and will sell anything if it's in your budget regardless if it's up for the task. Often without the proper knowledge of what they are selling.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/