Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way to appease the gnomes?

These things are EVIL! No matter what they get mad and destroy my house lol. I know I can remove them but I am trying to give them a fair chance

14j6byc.jpg
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Have you tested all of the available options?
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Earlier today I had a Sim plead for forgiveness and it seemed to appease the gnome (he had a halo over him afterwards). I don't usually play with gnomes though so I'm not sure if this is usual or unusual.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Giving them toys works well enough for me. On my lot I usually end up with two good ones and one unhappy one. So they cancel each other out.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just kick them so they turn into a trash pile. It does cause some appliances to break but I prefer that over the random seed piles they leave behind when they move around when they’re happy.
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    @hunniboo1 Is it possible to remove them? Whoa, how come I haven't seen this? :smiley:
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited July 2018
    @hunniboo1 Is it possible to remove them? Whoa, how come I haven't seen this? :smiley:

If you haven't had a premade Maxis Holiday yet, I think they're enabled for some of them. I do believe you can remove them if you edit the Holiday, tho. It might be just random what gets a good or bad effect, knowing the devs. :D

Oh, and I think kicking them makes them multiply. At least that's how it seemed to me. :p
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    @Livin inSim - It isn't possible to edit the in-game 'surprise' holidays. I have tried. The only thing I could do was delete the holidays I didn't want my Sims participating in.
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    @Livin inSim - It isn't possible to edit the in-game 'surprise' holidays. I have tried. The only thing I could do was delete the holidays I didn't want my Sims participating in.

Oh, the surprise holidays, I forgot about them. These are a bit different than the ones you see pretty far in advance on the calendar, right? I haven't tried editing any premade holidays yet, but I hope you can do the non surprise ones, anyway. :)
    Yes, that's right - the surprise ones just show up on the calendar with an announcement a couple of days in advance. I'm not sure about the advance ones because so far my Sims have managed to get through them successfully. I started in Spring and just moved into autumn. (My game is set for the longest seasons setting because I need to rotate through 21 households and want them all to have at least a day in each season.) :smile:
    Thanks for the reply @Jaline33. That must have been when I had the gnomes, the surprise holiday, forget what it was called. Not the Town Brawl, I think that had different effects.
    You are welcome! The Town Brawl is one of the ones I deleted - hahaha - with everything else they have to do, brawling with their friends is not exactly a priority. :wink:
    @Livin in Sim Thanks for the answer I haven't try to edit any maxis premade Holidays yet but I hate those gnomes, lol :smiley:
    @Jaline33 Good to know that too, I really dislike the gnomes but I didn't find any way of deleting them ;)
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Sometimes you have to send another household member over to plead for forgiveness.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just plead for forgiveness , the glowing halo appears above those hatted heads and they leave packets of seeds every where until after the holiday. After is when I just sell them to get them out of my way.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    9 out of 10 times, coffee will do the trick. They all seem to like coffee, except the reaper gnome. He trashed my toilet last time.
    Can I just ignore the gnomes and move with the other Holiday stuff? I think I've heard someone saying you could delete the gnome from the Holiday traditions; is that correct?
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

If you haven't had a premade Maxis Holiday yet, I think they're enabled for some of them. I do believe you can remove them if you edit the Holiday, tho. It might be just random what gets a good or bad effect, knowing the devs. :D

Oh, and I think kicking them makes them multiply. At least that's how it seemed to me. :p
    I get rid of the gnomes by going into build mode and popping them into my family inventory. Seems to do the trick.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    They seem pretty keen on the Future Cube, too. And if you don't want them hanging around, sell 'em!
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I used pie and they all loved it. Maybe it’s random? But then I had another Sim kick all of them and cause pure chaos :wink:
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2018
    Clearly you're not groveling low enough. The gnomes are demanding masters, and they require our total capitulation. One should not be engaging in frivolous activities, like playing an instrument, playing with you children, cooking, eating, bathing or sleeping when they could be pleading for mercy from the gnomish task masters.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Clearly you're not groveling low enough. The gnomes are demanding masters, and they require our total capitulation. One should not be engaging in frivolous activities, like playing an instrument, playing with you children, cooking, eating, bathing or sleeping when they could be pleading for mercy from the gnomish task masters.
    Here’s an unpopular sims opinion: the gnomes are ridiculous, my sims participated last fall season on appeasing them only to see what it’s about and it was ridiculous the amount of seeds they were leaving behind. I’ve destroyed them this recent fall season because I’ve had no time for their absurdity.
    Can we remove the gnomes tradition from the official holiday? I never really checked and only know you can cancel the holiday permanently.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Here’s an unpopular sims opinion: the gnomes are ridiculous, my sims participated last fall season on appeasing them only to see what it’s about and it was ridiculous the amount of seeds they were leaving behind. I’ve destroyed them this recent fall season because I’ve had no time for their absurdity.
    Can we remove the gnomes tradition from the official holiday? I never really checked and only know you can cancel the holiday permanently.
    You can, with a total of three mouse clicks, remove the gnomes from any and all holidays.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member

I needed that laugh so bad...these things are evil lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Aw, poor gnomies, what have they ever done to us? Oh, wait...
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was having good results with the pie then one hated it. I can't find a pattern yet. Either way when the holiday is done I delete the angry gnomes and keep the ones my sim did well with.
    egTcBMc.png