Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do MCCC Aging Settings Conflict With Gameplay Settings?

Relatively new user of MCCC here - I have kinda an important question.

I recently changed the age settings of one of my saves from 'Normal' lifespan to 'Long'. So, 96 days as young adult instead of 24. However, a number of Sims in my town are reaching and end of a lifestage and simply not aging up? I check using the MCCC to see their age and it'll say, for example, Adult - 98/96 days. I'm wondering if my aging is broken, and if so, could it be MCCC causing it?

See, I never messed with the aging settings in the MCCC but when I checked them, all the age settings were set still on the default - 'Normal' lifespan, so 24 days for YA/Adult etc. Will the MCCC settings conflict with my Gameplay settings? So meaning, if I change to Long Lifespan in Gameplay options, do I need to change all the MCCC settings to 96 days etc for aging to work?

Confused and worried aging is broken in my game! :neutral: Any help appreciated, cuz I'm not mods genius

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Bonxie can you please help?
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited July 2018
    YellowJane wrote: »
    Relatively new user of MCCC here - I have kinda an important question.

I recently changed the age settings of one of my saves from 'Normal' lifespan to 'Long'. So, 96 days as young adult instead of 24. However, a number of Sims in my town are reaching and end of a lifestage and simply not aging up? I check using the MCCC to see their age and it'll say, for example, Adult - 98/96 days. I'm wondering if my aging is broken, and if so, could it be MCCC causing it?

See, I never messed with the aging settings in the MCCC but when I checked them, all the age settings were set still on the default - 'Normal' lifespan, so 24 days for YA/Adult etc. Will the MCCC settings conflict with my Gameplay settings? So meaning, if I change to Long Lifespan in Gameplay options, do I need to change all the MCCC settings to 96 days etc for aging to work?

Confused and worried aging is broken in my game! :neutral: Any help appreciated, cuz I'm not mods genius
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @Bonxie can you please help?

Sorry, I also don't know exactly. I never used these settings before, because in my game aging is always off.

In theory it works like this:

You have to consider two different ways of changing life spans in the game.

One is the ingame option in "Options\Gameplay" which can basically change the life spans of the sims to short, normal or long.

As you said before, the duration for the life stage "young adult" with game setting
    • "normal" is 24 sim days
    • "short" is 12 sim days (that number divided with two)
    • "long" is 96 sims days (four times that number)

With MCCC in game you have a second possibility to manipulate aging. You can change that base value of the duratoin of the life stage - in the example of YA this is 24 by default. You can now set this base value in MCCC within a range from 1 sim day to 1000 sim days.

Combining these two settings gives you a broad variety of different aging situations.

Example: You set the base value for the YA life span duration in MCCC to 100 sim days.
    Regarding this the life span duration of YA with the ingame option
    • "normal" is 100 sim days.
    • "short" is 50 sim days (half base value).
    • "long" is 400 sim days (four times the base value).

Or the other way round: If you want to achive a live span duration for YA of 96 days with the game option "long", the base value in MCCC hat to be set to "24" (which is default, so in fact you have to change nothing at all).

This works of course also with the other life stages baby, toddler, child, teenager, adult and elder and also for the pets.

As I said, this is the theory.

If you have further questions, visit us on our MCCC discord server, using this invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    edited April 2020
    whoops, re-read your response and realized it answered my question