Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG! My Sim couple won the lottery

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    RoggieBear wrote: »
    OMG I just won too! I came looking if it's even possible to win and my ONE SIM managed to win 1,000,000!!! Anyone know what to do with all this money in my Not So Berry challenge!? I mean, I'll get a bigger house, but... wow.

If your family has kids, when they move out you can go and gift them Simoleons (up to §10000). My main family didn't win the lottery but they have a lot of money from their money tree plus other sources, so before their eldest daughter got married they gifted her boyfriend (who moved out of his home) 10K at a time to get up his savings to buy a better house.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    That's such a genius idea! I never even knew you could do that. All the more reason to hope that I win the next lottery rather than a pet lol
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I did it! I finally won the lottery, and with my supersim of all people :D except I was playing a different household at the time (her kids) and immediately hopped back over to her house to revel in it \o/ Take that neighbourhood dogs!
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Congrats to all sim families out there who won the lottery. I finally got this event in my game, I think it happened on my 5th year, LOL. None of my played sims won, I think it was a name who isn't even a NPC.

I like this event, but I wish I could set the prizes. Frankly, I don't want any of my sims to win §1.000.000. It's too much for the way I play. So, I decided to cut the 1st prize to §100.000 but to rather add 1 point to the winner's status (a social system I run manually on the side).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited September 2018
    Btw: If anyone wants to run their own custom lottery, you might find my old TS2 tool in handy. It's easy to use, and you don't need to download/install anything.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948155/lottery-tool-run-your-own-custom-lottery
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmertwinsssSimmertwinsss Posts: 8 New Member
    Ahh! My sims have just won the lotto too! Can anybody give me any ideas what to do with the 1,000,000?!?!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    One million dollars. A couple just starting out living in a ruin of a house , I like to take the big places and tear them down for a couple to be able to afford & yes that means lots of walls are missing, they had just started jobs two days before. I sold two more pieces of wall to go with the money they had so that they both could get a ticket - the husbands ticket won - ONE MILLION DOLLARS !! That is a stupid lot of money and has me changing the story line in my head for them. Fun , fun , fun.

And that's why I love unexpected things to happen. TS4 should introduce way more of these unexpected things like previous games did. For example a random meteor strike hitting your lot.

And you could sell the meteor for a big amount of money
    a256aFi.gif
  • BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    Wow! Nice! I'm like never going to win the lottery I tried loads of time...Just no luck.
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 44 Member
    Hoping my sims win lotto soon, then when Get Famous comes out they can buy a mansion in The Pinnacles ;)
  • MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 29 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant
    The meteor shower is the number one thing I miss from Sims 3. All the speculation and such for a University pack really makes me want the meteor showers to come back. I once had my sim graduate from University and a meteor shower happened during the throwing off the hats part of the ceremony. If memory serves right about 20 sims died that ceremony. Then my sim went home. On my next trip to Uni I collected the urns and built a graveyard in one of the empty park type lots. I called it Student Bodies. Any sim who died in a fraternity or Sorority also got buried there!
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    So I did some testing, bought a ticket, and saved right before the winner was decided. After about an hour of save scumming... I won~

I took a picture, but apparently I cant post links here yet... so just try copy pasting this... puu.sh/C74Ft/f8a9964d9c.jpg

Granted there are easier ways of cheating a million dollars, I just wanted to know how much it was. I already had the fabulously wealthy aspiration of 200k figured out tho, and still 90k on hand since my sim is kind of frugal. Already got a maxed out painter career along with publishing books and licensing songs so I make enough. I didn't exactly need the money is what Im saying and its easy enough to make money ya dont need to cheat or save scum.

I did it for SCIENCE! So with enough patience, ANYONE can win the lotto. Just save like 10 or 20 in game minutes before the winner is unveiled, unfreeze and fastforward time, and if you dont win go back to the main menu to load up and try again. Mostly I was wondering if the winner was just random and determined to "not be you" as soon as you buy a ticket or not. Also the chances might be better the less sims you have. 1 in 100 odds are better than 1 in 200 basically.

Otherwise, I mostly got mad when the Landgraabs won the lotto, which is who won it the first time. They certainly dont need it... >.> I might not have really cared if it wasnt them.
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Er, cant figure out how to edit my comment, but I wanted to add something.
    Its kind of funny but when you win the lotto you get a +3 dazed condition that says this.

WON THE LOTTERY!!!
    (from winning the lottery)
    It's wild how one's whole life circumstances can be completely transformed in a single moment!
    8 hours

Also funny, I won the lotto just before heading off to work... guess I shoulda taken the day off. ;)
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    have gotten lottery day once so far, that emo teen wolfgang munch won it. i was triggered, to say the least. happy simming!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yet another lottery, yet another townie winner.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Caleb Vatore just won in my game :lol:
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I have a mod by LittleMsSam so that I have The Lottery every Wednesday (Lottery Cooldown One Week). I play in weekly rotation, so it gives all my sims a chance to play it.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    So cool. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    I play every time and the closest I got was an NPC who was my sims best friend, so I moved her in cause my Sim needed $$.
  • DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    OMG I have one sim and i had only been playing her for a week. she is a broke gardener and she just barely scraped up the money to enter, and SHE WON! im not sure whether to be happy or sad because i wanted to actually try to work to get rich, so... idk what to do. im also happy tho... whatever lol
    why are my sims games so weird?
  • cherrysimmer2cherrysimmer2 Posts: 98 Member
    I want my sims in my legacy challenge to win the lottery so bad. They are really broke... :disappointed:
    hola
    giphy.gif
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Oh wow. I haven't had this holiday pop up in my games yet. But now that I know this has happened, I'm definitely gonna have my Sims play it when the opportunity comes up! That said, my legacy game I'm playing they're nowhere near being broke thanks to my first generation consisting of a professional game developer and a bestselling novelist.
  • VisleslideVisleslide Posts: 31 Member
    Anyone know the percentage of winning the lottery? Haven't had that happen yet.
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    edited October 2019
    A notification just came up that Max Villareal just won the lottery...he now has $1,019,000 in the household account...might start playing him for once :wink:
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    That's really cool. I've not come across this holiday yet - would it be disabled if I certain gameplay options turned off?
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Squee_SqueesSquee_Squees Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh gosh, they need to add other types of gambling to the game aswell! :D