Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG! My Sim couple won the lottery

One million dollars. A couple just starting out living in a ruin of a house , I like to take the big places and tear them down for a couple to be able to afford & yes that means lots of walls are missing, they had just started jobs two days before. I sold two more pieces of wall to go with the money they had so that they both could get a ticket - the husbands ticket won - ONE MILLION DOLLARS !! That is a stupid lot of money and has me changing the story line in my head for them. Fun , fun , fun.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh wow. That's wild!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cool. What does the notification box say? Every time I've played, I've lost. I was starting to think winning was impossible.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've had other sims play but they didn't win anything so I was REALLY surprised when I had won so much , I had to read the number twice just to make sure it was real.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    How do you play the lottery?
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    How do you play the lottery?

It's a holiday that happens every so often once a year.
    cyncla wrote: »
    One million dollars. A couple just starting out living in a ruin of a house , I like to take the big places and tear them down for a couple to be able to afford & yes that means lots of walls are missing, they had just started jobs two days before. I sold two more pieces of wall to go with the money they had so that they both could get a ticket - the husbands ticket won - ONE MILLION DOLLARS !! That is a stupid lot of money and has me changing the story line in my head for them. Fun , fun , fun.

That's really insane! I can't seem to get a win in the lottery for my household!
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @elanorbreton To play the lottery you must first wait for Lottery Day then choose "buy ticket" on the phone. Tickets are not cheap (around 100-200 simoleons).

I mentioned it on another thread that a townie won my one and only lottery so far so I moved them in and got rid!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    That is so awesome! I love this holiday :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    WOW - congrats to your couple! I never saw the lottery, can't wait to enter it :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Wow. That is great and a lot of money!. My sims haven't won anything yet. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    That's amazing! My family only won a thousand simoleons. :D
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I know I'm not gonna miss putting in for it now.

Someone once said the Landgraabs won the the lottery in their game. I lol'ed. Why would they even put in for it? :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    cyncla wrote: »

Yes that is quite the fun. :) Just wish it will happen in real life. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    That’s so cool! My sims haven’t even got to play the lottery yet. However, they did manage to become overnight billionaires in a different way. They bought a money tree in the rewards store, and I discovered that if you put a ready to harvest money tree in your family inventory you get 5 money tree seeds. So, I’ve been “farming” money trees and now have 36 of them and can harvest between 8000 and 11,550 simoleons from each tree daily. So, they’ve got over 2.7 billion simoleons at this point.

I can’t help but think I should have gotten the lottery event by now. I know it’s a surprise holiday, but I’ve played through at least 4 cycles of the seasons without once encountering it.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @MaggieMarley - I haven't played through even a full year of Seasons yet, but from the posts I've read, I'm getting the impression that the hidden holidays may be randomly generated (probably within the relevant season, though). Anyone else know? Might there be a range of RNG'd holidays each year, so that one year you get 2, and the next year you get 4, the following year one?

The other speculation I saw was that custom holidays could over-ride a scheduled hidden holiday, but again, this is all speculation...so far! :smile:
  • Options
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley - I haven't played through even a full year of Seasons yet, but from the posts I've read, I'm getting the impression that the hidden holidays may be randomly generated (probably within the relevant season, though). Anyone else know? Might there be a range of RNG'd holidays each year, so that one year you get 2, and the next year you get 4, the following year one?

The other speculation I saw was that custom holidays could over-ride a scheduled hidden holiday, but again, this is all speculation...so far! :smile:

Thanks Tiarella. I got that impression too. But, it’s weird that I have never gotten the lottery (or maybe not, if it’s rarer than the other special holidays?).
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    How long do you have your seasons set? I had mine set to 14 days and I got the lottery twice in one year
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley
    How long do you have your seasons set? I had mine set to 14 days and I got the lottery twice in one year

Default setting, 7 days. Dang, twice in one year. I’m jealous! Anyone else not got it at all?
  • Options
    I'm guessing you'll have more chance of lottery day if you set seasons length to the max, like I have.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @elanorbreton To play the lottery you must first wait for Lottery Day then choose "buy ticket" on the phone. Tickets are not cheap (around 100-200 simoleons).

I mentioned it on another thread that a townie won my one and only lottery so far so I moved them in and got rid!

Did the townie suffer an unfortunate pool accident afterwards? >:)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I'm guessing you'll have more chance of lottery day if you set seasons length to the max, like I have.
    Really? How come? Does it only happen in one certain season?
  • Options

@MaggieMarley I don't know about it occurring during a certain season since I've not yet played through all four seasons (it happened in early fall in my game though).

I'm just guessing that by setting seasons to the max length, you'll have more days in your calendar so you will see more surprise holidays per year, if that makes sense.
  • Options

Did the townie suffer an unfortunate pool accident afterwards? >:)

@stilljustme2 Something like that. Ha, ha!
  • Options

@MaggieMarley I don't know about it occurring during a certain season since I've not yet played through all four seasons (it happened in early fall in my game though).

I'm just guessing that by setting seasons to the max length, you'll have more days in your calendar so you will see more surprise holidays per year, if that makes sense.

Oh I see. You mean the probability of the lottery happening in a year with longer seasons will be higher. Yeah, that is true. I was thinking that the probability of the lottery happening at all, not in a given year.
  • Options
    LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    Thats awesome! My sim hasn't won the lottery yet and I've only had one chance for it so far