Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues renaming/deleting Sims 4 folders

RassRass Posts: 29 Member
Hi Forumers,

I couldn't find anything related to this specific problem elsewhere. I'm having a similar problem with my "The Sims 4" folder as in the thread "I'm the Administrator of Computer, but can't rename or delete folders??" only that, every other copy in "Electronic Arts" work.

I had it a year ago and there was the solution to keep off cloud saving in origin, it is still off. Usually I only copy my Sims 4 folder and that works all the time. Therefore I can not say how long this exists.

A few day before I want to try a older save and therefore i need to rename the folder and a copied one, but the The Sims 4 folder do want. The tips here helped but only for one rename action, after that or restarting the PC it stayed the same. (I get a message in cmd the the command Y can´t be used with /d, maybe that is the problem?)

I´m on W10, everything actual, no extended virus or optimization programs running.
Any other tips? EDIT: It was the W10 Photo App, after deleting the path to Sims\Screenshots ist works again ;)

{EA_Lanna: Edited the start to reference issue in OG thread. This discussion was created from comments split from: I'm the Administrator of Computer, but can't rename or delete folders?? as this issue is different from the original thread it's was posted in.}