Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch

Thank you gurus! Thermostats, pets and emotion berries are great fixes <3 .

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Sims no longer route fail when trying to enter a room on foundation level 1 that doesn’t have a stair. They just step up like a big kid, now.
    Heh. I like that.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    What I don't like is when the TS update comes simultaneously with Microsoft's Patch Tuesday. My computer is giving up at the moment :D
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I am so glad they fixed the routing issue. I was sick of resetting my Sims due to the issue. Pets as well. The interactions kept lining up to do.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2018
    I wish they would fix the curfew board in Parenthood to not give an error when you try to clear the thing. Thats still broken which makes the curfew board a pain to have because you can't clear it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Stil no fix for the teleporting bug
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Hmmm. I get that when clearing up dishes mostly. Which brings me to the set table bug which has not been fixed - table placemats still disappear when sims sit to eat.

I'm so glad that pet bug was fixed though, as I have a lot of sim families with pets.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Resetsim is back guys :smiley:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member

Hmmm. I get that when clearing up dishes mostly. Which brings me to the set table bug which has not been fixed - table placemats still disappear when sims sit to eat.

I'm so glad that pet bug was fixed though, as I have a lot of sim families with pets.

I've got the set table bug to
    I don't have many and didn't have them before the last patch the teleporting bug set the table bug stop eating to watch tv & constantly watching kids TV is back I for one would like to know when these are going to be addressed as I've tried repairing the game with no luck
    Happy simming everyone
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @pepperjax1230 Use the hammer in build mode to clear the board. You can delete each item one at a time. Tedious, I know, but it doesn't take long.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member

It was there before the patch.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Ok, so no one else got the feeling that they snuck some new swatches into the patch? Maybe I did not check the last patch properly, it would have made more sense because of Seasons, but some of the sunglasses have new swatches and I thought maybe some other stuff too?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...

It was there before the patch.

He meant reset objects. I've heard some people use it to reset sims, too.
    edited July 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @pepperjax1230 Use the hammer in build mode to clear the board. You can delete each item one at a time. Tedious, I know, but it doesn't take long.
    Thanks I wish they would just fix it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2018

I think that Seasons broke the Sims and the developers are trying to fix everything that is broken.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Meanwhile, the patch completely ignores bugs that actually cause the game to be unplayable and almost impossible to enjoy... such as the bug that causes Sims to come home from work/school early when another Sim travels to a different lot during a holiday. Also, the bug that causes Sims to just stand/sit there (while time still progresses).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Meanwhile, the patch completely ignores bugs that actually cause the game to be unplayable and almost impossible to enjoy... such as the bug that causes Sims to come home from work/school early when another Sim travels to a different lot during a holiday. Also, the bug that causes Sims to just stand/sit there (while time still progresses).

I don't know, the lag in build mode can make it impossible to enjoy. Glad that's fixed.
    edited July 2018

This patch was mostly for problems that were reported with Seasons, but some bugs are still on the to-do list. That's why this was the second Seasons-fix patch, but it won't be the last. The team is constantly keeping track of bugs to fix (from base game & all packs.)

Also, maybe the bugs you mentioned are harder to correct and take more time to figure out.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Freezing Sims yes. That happens to me sometimes. Too bad that wasn't fixed.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Here is something most people didn't know was added.
    edited July 2018
    Aww really that is cute.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018

That's too cute. I do like some of the small things they add that one just finds out on your own.

Far as patches go, I like that they can push out some smaller patches to what they were able to fix and get them out while still working on the ones that have been around for a good while and pending.

I'm pretty happy we can put the thermostat on community lots now and that needy pet is gone. Thought my sims hand was gonna fall off every time they were paying attention to their dog to pet them.
    5vJrxmT.png

I don't know, the lag in build mode can make it impossible to enjoy. Glad that's fixed.

That bug was supposed to be fixed in the other patch we got... it literally took two patches in order for that bug to officially be fixed. This isn't normal.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

This patch was mostly for problems that were reported with Seasons, but some bugs are still on the to-do list. That's why this was the second Seasons-fix patch, but it won't be the last. The team is constantly keeping track of bugs to fix (from base game & all packs.)

Also, maybe the bugs you mentioned are harder to correct and take more time to figure out.

The bug that causes Sims to come home from school/work IS something that came with Seasons. So there's really no excuse for it not being fixed.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member

The bug that causes Sims to come home from school/work IS something that came with Seasons. So there's really no excuse for it not being fixed.
    The bug where work/school just began and they leave for a second and silently slither back in the home and you see you’re getting a call from their boss/principal because their late? It’s so annoying! If this is the bug I remember it happening before seasons.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

That was in the Seasons patch :) not the current one