Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated Do's and Don'ts

I'm wondering about these in the updated Do's and Don'ts:
Use the search feature to see if there's already a thread for your question. If there is, use it instead of making a new one. Try to include all your points in a single place.
Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

They seem to contradict, but also people who are still New Members don't have the option of making a new post is they can't find a relevant -- or a relevant recent-enough post in the case of some kinds of questions regarding older packs. In the Technical forums, we try to direct New Members to posts made specifically for them by @rosemow but that seems less likely to be helpful in faster-moving areas. Not sure what the solution is to this, but I think it's an issue.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    I agree. This has been stated to them several times about new members can't make a new post so I don't know how they actually get an answer or they may know something about the game someone in an old thread didn't think about. I'm not sure just because a thread is two years old it is irrelvant. I've seen (sometimes) where they are still relevant today.

I went to read the new rules, I assume they are updated since there is an new annoucement. But where it says Forum Rules (category) across from that is a message from EA_Mage from July 2017. I'm not sure how anyone would know there are newer rules, again.(Just by looking at categories)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    You need to be an experienced player to know if posts are irrelevant or not. I hope they would get advice before necroing posts too soon. It looks like they are listening though.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2018
    I'm wondering about these in the updated Do's and Don'ts:
    Use the search feature to see if there's already a thread for your question. If there is, use it instead of making a new one. Try to include all your points in a single place.
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

They seem to contradict, but also people who are still New Members don't have the option of making a new post is they can't find a relevant -- or a relevant recent-enough post in the case of some kinds of questions regarding older packs. In the Technical forums, we try to direct New Members to posts made specifically for them by @rosemow but that seems less likely to be helpful in faster-moving areas. Not sure what the solution is to this, but I think it's an issue.

This can indeed be seen as a contradiction and it is a situation we are closely monitoring (specially where New Members are concerned). We have made adjustments to how we action necro post - be it splitting the post into a new thread or leaving it open until a reply is received where it makes sense.
    However, post dates are visible for everyone and if a thread is from 2009 it is most likely no longer relevant :)

We continue to monitor this situation and are open to changing things, so keep the feedback coming!
    More on necro posts here.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I went to read the new rules, I assume they are updated since there is an new annoucement. But where it says Forum Rules (category) across from that is a message from EA_Mage from July 2017. I'm not sure how anyone would know there are newer rules, again.(Just by looking at categories)

I decided to update the old posts rather than make new one to ensure the links we have posted in direct messages and acorss different threads still function. All sections of the Forum Rules have received some updates.

Thanks,
    Mage
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks @EA_Mage ! That's reassuring.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.