Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question about the placement of where the mods go.

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited July 2018 in General Mods Discussion
In the mods folder there are package files and ts4script files. From what I'm understanding the package files can be placed in subfolders, but the ts4script files must be placed in the main Mods folder or they won't work. Is this correct?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No, that isn't true.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you. I'm trying to figure out what causes a mod to not work in a subfolder.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Thank you. I'm trying to figure out what causes a mod to not work in a subfolder.

It's my understanding that the ts4script files cannot be in subfolders, they need to be directly in the Mods folder. On the other hand, you can place .package files up to 4 folders deep.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    ^ This. Scripts only work up to one folder deep. Ideally, put them all in a Scripts folder inside your Mods folder.
    Any further than that they won't work.

Packages you can organize as you want.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    ^ This. Scripts only work up to one folder deep. Ideally, put them all in a Scripts folder inside your Mods folder.
    Any further than that they won't work.

Packages you can organize as you want.

@happyopi Thank you very much. This is what I was trying to figure out. I'm starting to get quite a few mods, mainly to fix things that are not working correctly.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Thanks from me too @happyopi ! I'm still learning.
  • delelisedelelise Posts: 10 New Member
    Do not separate package files from their .ts4script files. If a mod comes with both a package and a script place them together. Scripts can be nested up to one folder deep but should stay with the rest of their mod files!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have my script files in subfolders and they all work just fine, e.g. Mods > MCCC
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just keep the script mods and package files that go together, together. Makes it easier when I have to replace the files with updated ones.

I think the only script mod I don’t have in a folder is the UI Cheat Extension. Every other script mod I have in a folder. I like to group mods in folders based on what they are.

So, all of my City Living mods go in my City Living folder. All of my food mods go in my Food folder. Etc

But, I have a lot of mods by certain modders so I put all of them in their own folders. LittleMsSam for example has her own subfolder as does Bienchen.