Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish

Not very descriptive I know. I have been playing toddlers and I love little and big things about them, the floating imagination images are awesome, etc.

And I wish for:
More options to feed toddlers, (the highchair is great and the drink cup, and grab a plate has saved them more than once), however they rarely, if ever hand the kid the drink without first putting them in the highchair. My toddlers are always hungry and it takes a lot of time to get them food. I was so excited about the picnic cart but there are not toddler options. I do put fruit in their inventory and that helps when I play gardeners.

Why do they not sit at the table to eat when they grab a serving? I have to put toddler friendly chairs near by or they will go to their bed, or the couch or outside to a chair to eat. If only they could climb out of the highchair (at least the adventurous ones).

When they pass out (usually because of above lol) it would be awesome of the parents could pick them up while on the floor and put them to bed. That would be more natural instead of having to wait for them to get up.

Simply Zoe

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Second the motion. All in favour say aye!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Aye!

Though, to be honest, I never use the highchair anymore. Its more hassle than its worth. I just drag food from the fridge so the little ones can grab a plate. Or place one of those cooling displays from GTW. Toddlers can grab meals from there too.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I got distracted by @Kathykins avatar... awesome lol.

But don't y'all know that toddlers are not meant to be self sufficient? They are meant to be hassle-filled needy little plums angels who take up all your sims time. (I actually do love that they are a bit of hassle).

Remember a certain previous version where kids used to sit on books to reach the chess table? I would have liked something like that for toddlers to sit at the dining table. Probably classed as too dangerous though :D
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    parents could pick them up while on the floor and put them to bed. That would be more natural instead of having to wait for them to get up.

Simply Zoe
    yasss
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I agree with @elanorbreton that toddlers aren't supposed to be self-sufficient, that said the high-chair is a pain - why will one parent take the kid out of the thing when the other is getting food for them?! It drives me nuts, so I don't tend to use the high-chair anymore and wish it could be fixed somehow.

I really like the idea of putting toddlers to bed when they fall asleep without waiting for them to wake up. I also think it would be cool if toddlers could have the option to sleep in their parents' beds and their parents get a bad sleep moodlet the next day. I think that would add some more realism - especially for toddlers with the needy trait.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I wish four of the toddler interactions weren't the same thing :#

1.lecturer for misbehavior
    2.scold
    3.yell

oh and in parenthood

4. give a talking to is the same thing

so four interactions options are the same thing, why is that?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

2.scold
    3.yell

oh and in parenthood

I was thinking for some reason that each one had a different influence on the kids development?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

2.scold
    3.yell

oh and in parenthood

I was thinking for some reason that each one had a different influence on the kids development?

three of them are base game. the 4th one does seem to influence kids development.

I just don't like they have listed them as 4 different interactions.

a couple And i wouldn't mind but its 4.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

2.scold
    3.yell

oh and in parenthood

three of them are base game. the 4th one does seem to influence kids development.

I just don't like they have listed them as 4 different interactions.

a couple And i wouldn't mind but its 4.

I'm not yelling at my toddlers but I would like to know what it causes lol
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

let toddlers eat from the pet's bowl again like in TS2!! It was my FAVORITE thing! I also loved that they slept in pet beds <3<3<3

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

let toddlers eat from the pet's bowl again like in TS2!! It was my FAVORITE thing! I also loved that they slept in pet beds <3<3<3[/quote]

I loved and pet bed and taking naps, and I've been waiting for them to eat out of the pet bowl again.
    Fruit works in their inventory but they need a lot of it.

Does yelling at them make them cry? That is what I'm afraid of. And I get mad when they do not want to be comforted, then i laugh and face the challenge of getting them back on track.

Thanks for posting, I bet there were a lot of OH PLEASES, lol, i do deserve it, i should let myself explore the game more.
    i messed that quote up, oops
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2018

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

let toddlers eat from the pet's bowl again like in TS2!! It was my FAVORITE thing! I also loved that they slept in pet beds <3<3<3

I loved and pet bed and taking naps, and I've been waiting for them to eat out of the pet bowl again.

Does yelling at them make them cry? That is what I'm afraid of. And I get mad when they do not want to be comforted, then i laugh and face the challenge of getting them back on track.

Thanks for posting, I bet there were a lot of OH PLEASES, lol, i do deserve it, i should let myself explore the game more.
    [/quote]

I love ts4 toddlers, but I also really miss the bratty ts2 toddlers. Gosh, I love how they bang on the highchair and the crib. I really miss the crib, too, and strollers.

I like my sims to have challenge, so problem children are always a welcome :D I have a household with 1 man, 5 toddlers, and 1 child. I pretend it's my sim version of "Return of Superman" (korean reality show, google it) and I just want my dude to take his toddlers on rides like

[img]https://1.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/song-il-🐸🐸🐸🐸-and-triplets.jpg[/img]

DreamaDove wrote: »

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

I love ts4 toddlers, but I also really miss the bratty ts2 toddlers. Gosh, I love how they bang on the highchair and the crib. I really miss the crib, too, and strollers.

I like my sims to have challenge, so problem children are always a welcome :D I have a household with 1 man, 5 toddlers, and 1 child. I pretend it's my sim version of "Return of Superman" (korean reality show, google it) and I just want my dude to take his toddlers on rides like

song-il-plum-and-triplets.jpg

[/quote]

Your an awesome player lol! I love the challenge of the toddlers and kids, it will take a long time to play and develop the new interactions that can be opened up from playing and reaching higher levels of parenting. Your superman family must be a real challenge! I do admit I push my sims, I've a lot of pics of them crashed on the floor, one of a toddler and parent both passed out at the same time. One of those times someone just stood there instead of moving and getting the kid to bed lol.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    (the highchair is great
    HAHAHAHAHA good one :D
    I hate that bug-ridden thing

However, I do agreee with you. We need more options to feed toddlers. Precisely because of that plum chair.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on