Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 custom content help

DevonDevon Posts: 17 Member
So I downloaded new custom content/ script mod (I’ve just deleted me like 400 files of cc) and I put it in my mod folder but when I started up my game it was not there/ I couldn’t do it, when I’m in my mod folder where it says “type” at the top this cc says “file viewer” can anyone help me?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    What did you download?
  • DevonDevon Posts: 17 Member
    It was a teen pregnancy mod
    You will have to contact the website that you downloaded the file from for support. The Mod violates the T for Teen rating of the TOS and we cannot troubleshoot without more information.
  • kkatey52kkatey52 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone! I’ve been having an issue with the cc in my game. Ever since I downloaded cc I can only use the first row of colors on my cas objects. Please help
    kkatey52 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I’ve been having an issue with the cc in my game. Ever since I downloaded cc I can only use the first row of colors on my cas objects. Please help

I would suggest following @rosemow's advice in this post:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16486228/#Comment_16486228
  • MillieriversMillierivers Posts: 2 New Member
    hi, i have downloaded cc eyes that are placed in the face makeup section in create a sim. however, they are right at the bottom of the page so i can't see all of the colour options. does anyone know how to either get all cc up to the top of the section or to only see cc?
    edited August 2018
    hi, i have downloaded cc eyes that are placed in the face makeup section in create a sim. however, they are right at the bottom of the page so i can't see all of the colour options. does anyone know how to either get all cc up to the top of the section or to only see cc?

Hi! To look only at CC find the little arrow at the top of the CAS grid, it should be to the left of where it says "Masculine" or "Feminine". Clicking it will open the Filter Panel. From there you can look at items by content and a lot of other nifty filters!

• MeandBijouMeandBijou Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, i have a macbook pro and last year i had over 5GB of cc on my computer and everything was fine but then i cleaned out my cc to get new cc so once i did that it all went down hill. so i dowloaded new cc (about 4GB) and loaded my game up all of the sudden my game got stuck a the title screen and i waited a half an hour for it to load. then i exited the game then i cleaned out my cc folder to just around 500MB and my game worked but it was kind of laggy. so i tried adding a few at a time and that didn't work. I'm still not able to download any new cc :(
    MeandBijou wrote: »
    Hi, i have a macbook pro and last year i had over 5GB of cc on my computer and everything was fine but then i cleaned out my cc to get new cc so once i did that it all went down hill. so i dowloaded new cc (about 4GB) and loaded my game up all of the sudden my game got stuck a the title screen and i waited a half an hour for it to load. then i exited the game then i cleaned out my cc folder to just around 500MB and my game worked but it was kind of laggy. so i tried adding a few at a time and that didn't work. I'm still not able to download any new cc :(

@rosemow can you please help?
  • SwelmaSwelma Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello i have a problem when i want to change the sims apperance. I have a sim that grew up and isn’t looking super Pretty and i can’t change anything cause when I change it in cas and then confirm it it goes back to the ugly clothes and I have tried everything and it doesn’t work can someone help me? (I use cc)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Swelma wrote: »
    Hello i have a problem when i want to change the sims apperance. I have a sim that grew up and isn’t looking super Pretty and i can’t change anything cause when I change it in cas and then confirm it it goes back to the ugly clothes and I have tried everything and it doesn’t work can someone help me? (I use cc)

Hello @Swelma
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if the same issue occurs when using non-cc items.
    Don’t save the game after testing.
  • SiwiCartSiwiCart Posts: 5 New Member
    so I need points to post like anything so I cant put a picture but I need to find a skirt by someone with the logo that says "SDx" because the skirt shows up when my sims go nude and it's annoying and I need to remove it please help
    SiwiCart wrote: »
    so I need points to post like anything so I cant put a picture but I need to find a skirt by someone with the logo that says "SDx" because the skirt shows up when my sims go nude and it's annoying and I need to remove it please help

See your other post. :)
  • sofiusofiu Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi.
    I had downloaded some custom content recently on my mac and wanted to try them on my sims. The problem is that my custom content for hair had glitches on once in live mode, (my custom content clothing and jewellery seemed fine) I could only find the solution of turning off laptop mode, but I can't seem to find mine. I also saw another solution to turn off Post Processing Effects, but mine was already turned on, so I tried turning it on and off again but that didn't help either. Any other solutions?
  • ck614ck614 Posts: 8 New Member
    Did you unzip it if it was a rar file? Most mods need to be opened and put into a different folder if necessary. Once you open it just put it in your mod folder. You could also watch a youtube video for help, and make sure you read all the download instructions. Also, make sure you have script mods on in game!
  • Alliebear34Alliebear34 Posts: 63 Member
    I am having a similar problem, when I am editing a sim I can see all of my cc and there is no problems but then when I go live, my sims have all over its body and has no clothes on and I don't know how to fix it! Please help
  • HelplessSimmerHelplessSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Someone please help me!!! I just has a 200+ cc haul for my first ever cc's and when i updated my laptop it deleted EVERYTHING the mods folder and the recourse thing is still there but the cc's are absolutely gone its not in any of my bins and i'm so worried please help me!
  • NelNel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, so I downloaded sims 4 recently on a Mac and I’m a fairly new user when it comes to both (I used to play sims 3 on a pc).
    I have the base game ( the legacy edition I don’t know if that matters), seasons and cats and dogs nothing else.
    I downloaded some cc (it’s all cas), moved everything to the mods file but nothing works. It won’t appear in cas and I have no idea what I’m doing, I could really use some help!
    Thank you in advance!!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Nel wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so I downloaded sims 4 recently on a Mac and I’m a fairly new user when it comes to both (I used to play sims 3 on a pc).
    I have the base game ( the legacy edition I don’t know if that matters), seasons and cats and dogs nothing else.
    I downloaded some cc (it’s all cas), moved everything to the mods file but nothing works. It won’t appear in cas and I have no idea what I’m doing, I could really use some help!
    Thank you in advance!!

If it's new cc, it's unlikely that it'll work on the Legacy edition. You could try finding cc specifically for the Legacy version.
    Someone please help me!!! I just has a 200+ cc haul for my first ever cc's and when i updated my laptop it deleted EVERYTHING the mods folder and the recourse thing is still there but the cc's are absolutely gone its not in any of my bins and i'm so worried please help me!

Sorry, I just saw this. If you have One Drive see if the Mods folder is there. You can also use the type to search feature if you have it to look for your Mods folder.