Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you crave more sims 3 videos ?

I know some people still make sims 3 videos . But not at the volume it was at before . It got me thinking of maybe trying the YouTube thing again with sims 3 possibly . But I'm unsure if it's something people want any more . I know I am posting this in the sims 3 section but I feel I would get the best feedback with this.

I don't have the best mic or alot of experience in editing . My game lags due to cc and store content .
Would this affect your viewing experience ?

What makes a good sims 3 series to you ? Even the little details matter
Happy Simming!♥

Do you crave more sims 3 videos ? 39 votes

Yes
46%
PuddinroyElanoreAlexandriaemorrillJennyggjillbglisasc360Bettyboop55KatNipUnseenHorizonSims4MagicalTalesZeeGeeBerryCharmingbudewarminSunnyyesjamssimgravesMagicEmeraldMadMuffieTheGreatOrchestra 18 votes
No
53%
Emily4331ParyMikezumicwaddellsassygray5jjames041KarritzLunBeautybekkasanSindocatcocojordandPalmArrowCharlottesmomtretheraGoulsquashTeslachick2NabrilpuzzlezaddictEvie0602 21 votes

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    No
    If youre asking if I, personally, want more videos, then my answer is no. Ive never really cared for sims videos.

But as with any creative outlet, if its what you want to do, then do it! I write stories about my sims, none of which are public, because theyre just for me and I like doing it.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Yes
    Yes but I don't really like letsplays. I really like machinimas though, preferably the ones that is made out of game footage and not still images. I understand those are really hard to make, so not many people have done it...
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    No
    I'm with Goulsquash. Personally, I don't watch a lot of Sims videos on Youtube and so I don't really crave them. But if you want to do them, then I say go for it.

I think you're making a mistake thinking of it this way. Who would watch, who wouldn't watch, how to get views, etc. Just do what makes you happy and people may flock to it or not. As long as it makes you happy, that's all that matters. :smile:
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I'm with Goulsquash. Personally, I don't watch a lot of Sims videos on Youtube and so I don't really crave them. But if you want to do them, then I say go for it.

I think you're making a mistake thinking of it this way. Who would watch, who wouldn't watch, how to get views, etc. Just do what makes you happy and people may flock to it or not. As long as it makes you happy, that's all that matters. :smile:

My current problem is I want to do it but not sure where to start it all. I have little ideas . The poll was for more than just this though. I was also curious what people thought and or if they watched sims videos .
    Happy Simming!♥
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    No
    I started making Sims 3 videos back in January 2016. The reason I did it was to learn about YouTube and to learn how to make videos. I've been doing it consistently for over a year now and my subscribers are gradually growing and I'm having fun learning about making videos.

I only do Sims 3 videos at the moment but do plan to start a different channel one day for videos that are not sim or computer game related. I will probably still make videos of my Sims 3 stories as well when I do that as I'm enjoying the way the stories unfold and merge.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuW44b3uCMtCSaq4gwC8EZg
    Karritz wrote: »
    I started making Sims 3 videos back in January 2016. The reason I did it was to learn about YouTube and to learn how to make videos. I've been doing it consistently for over a year now and my subscribers are gradually growing and I'm having fun learning about making videos.

I only do Sims 3 videos at the moment but do plan to start a different channel one day for videos that are not sim or computer game related. I will probably still make videos of my Sims 3 stories as well when I do that as I'm enjoying the way the stories unfold and merge.

What has been the best part of making sim videos in the end ?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    No
    Karritz wrote: »

What has been the best part of making sim videos in the end ?

Learning about making the videos. I've now purchased new software to make the videos and am gradually learning it too. People who watch seem to enjoy my attempts at making the videos more interesting. I make no attempt to do any special type of video I'm just doing tutorials and game play and trying different things. I do videos of various lengths up to 30 minutes. The shortest has been less than 2 minutes. A tutorial or two might have gone longer than 30 minutes. I like the feedback I get from people who watch the videos and this encourages me to make more. But mostly I just like the fact that I am now doing something I never imagined I'd be able to do.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    No
    I don't watch video's either. I'd rather just play myself.
    I do agree however, that you shouldn't rely on a poll to decide whether you want to make some or not. Just go off and do it, and have fun doing it !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    No
    I have to say No...I have barely enough time for playing a bit each day, posting on Em’s thread and real life, once in a while I watch a video but it’s pretty rare.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    No
    The only time I will watch a sim video is when I want to see what's in an EP I am about to install and they are only videos which show what new objects/hair/clothes are in them as I don't want to listen to someone's commentary as they take various sims into CAS. These would all be old videos given how long it's been since EPs/SPs were released so new videos would be of no use to me.
    I have no desire to watch another simmer play - I can barely watch a friend/family member playing as it is frustrating seeing people doing things differently to me.
    If you want to make videos for your own amusement, I say go for it. I feel the same about sim stories in that they should be written for one's own pleasure and not in the hope of a following.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    No
    Let me second what @Mikezumi said, you should only do videos or stories for your enjoyment and if others happen to enjoy them also...groovy!! ;)
    Let me second what @Mikezumi said, you should only do videos or stories for your enjoyment and if others happen to enjoy them also...groovy!! ;)

Then I think I should start doing picture stories again . I know I have a hard time having one and continuing it .
    Happy Simming!♥
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    @MemoriiValentine I didn't vote because yes, I do crave more Sims 3 machinima videos but no, I don't crave more Let's Play's. I jumped into machinima not having any CLUE what I was doing but have learned so much in the last... year I think? So if you're doing it for fun and because you enjoy it, go for it!

@Sunnyyesjams Actual real machinima instead of just pictures with captions is rare, but there's still a lot out there if you look! (see my signature :wink: ) ETA: Also search LoneWolf Simmer on YouTube if you're looking for good machinima. She's awesome.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    No
    The only Sims Vids I ever liked to watch were music videos. So if you can do that, I'd watch them.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    No
    @ZeeGee I see you have a new episode. MUST watch! I totally forgot about machinima! Yours is very well done and worth watching!
    There have been some interesting and unexpected answers . I believe I will try story blogging again and if I can do it without giving up then I may start videos
    Happy Simming!♥
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes
    I would say yes to high quality machinimas with a story, or funny tutorials, but no to let's play... There are so many already! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    No

I would say I don't crave more video's. I do watch videos from time to time. I prefer short ones when I do watch. Time is limited and I would prefer to play my game than watch someone else play. I love well made stories rather than lets plays.

Good luck whatever you decide to do. :) If you decide to blog be sure to post in creative corner so we can look for it.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    No
    I voted "No" because as much as I love seeing other people's gameplay screenshots, I get bored and impatient while watching videos. I never search for Sims 3 videos on YouTube - I only watch videos posted by people who are regular posters in the "What happened in your Sims 3 game today?" thread, because they got me interested by also posting screenshots.

My "No" shouldn't discourage you at all, though, because it's more relevant to you if people who already watch videos for other games on YouTube would also watch Sims 3 videos, than if people who post on the Sims 3 forum would watch them!

(Also, when it comes to reading other people's stories on the forum or on blogs, I much, much prefer Let's Plays to scripted stories. My ideal story is basically a Let's Play with just a little bit of storytelling thrown in here and there to spice it up. In this my taste is opposite to some of the other people who posted in this thread, which just goes to show that there are no universal rules. You should make the kind of story you will most enjoy making and not worry about the viewers/readers - there will be people who want to watch or read exactly that!)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Yes
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @ZeeGee I see you have a new episode. MUST watch! I totally forgot about machinima! Yours is very well done and worth watching!

@Mikezumi Thank you! :*
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Yes
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @MemoriiValentine I didn't vote because yes, I do crave more Sims 3 machinima videos but no, I don't crave more Let's Play's. I jumped into machinima not having any CLUE what I was doing but have learned so much in the last... year I think? So if you're doing it for fun and because you enjoy it, go for it!

@Sunnyyesjams Actual real machinima instead of just pictures with captions is rare, but there's still a lot out there if you look! (see my signature :wink: ) ETA: Also search LoneWolf Simmer on YouTube if you're looking for good machinima. She's awesome.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely check out the videos :) I remember watching loads of sims 2 machinima and loving them, but I haven't gotten around to doing the same for ts3.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Yes
    I went with "Yes" as I like watching some Sims videos such as the ones that CravenLestat and king_of_simcity7 makes. I also like to watch some videos with tutorials about building houses/pools and such.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yes
    As a community we should be supporting all kinds of creators. Everyone has to start somewhere but you should be aware YouTube is a lot of hard work so you will need to consider the time commitment as well as suitable material, video capture, sound quality etc.

The first thing to do is consider the type of audience you want. Obviously there will be fewer people watching TS3 videos since TS4 was released and the company stopped making content for TS3. Most TS3 viewers already have their favourite YT channels so what can you offer that is different ? You need to decide what you are going to produce, a series based around a pack, a legacy, a large household of friends. Whatever you pick make sure it is something you enjoy doing otherwise it will show in your videos.

There is plenty of free capture and editing software out there. I would suggest you look at your store content and cc. Would your computer lag less without it. Even cheap mics benefit from having a filter which are relatively inexpensive to buy. If you are going to use cc then please say when you are using it and where you got it. It is always good manners to credit the original creator of cc just as it a good idea to credit another creator if you see an idea on their channel you wish to copy. YT has some pretty strict rules about copyright anyway.

Good Luck :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited July 2018
    As a community we should be supporting all kinds of creators. Everyone has to start somewhere but you should be aware YouTube is a lot of hard work so you will need to consider the time commitment as well as suitable material, video capture, sound quality etc.

The first thing to do is consider the type of audience you want. Obviously there will be fewer people watching TS3 videos since TS4 was released and the company stopped making content for TS3. Most TS3 viewers already have their favourite YT channels so what can you offer that is different ? You need to decide what you are going to produce, a series based around a pack, a legacy, a large household of friends. Whatever you pick make sure it is something you enjoy doing otherwise it will show in your videos.

There is plenty of free capture and editing software out there. I would suggest you look at your store content and cc. Would your computer lag less without it. Even cheap mics benefit from having a filter which are relatively inexpensive to buy. If you are going to use cc then please say when you are using it and where you got it. It is always good manners to credit the original creator of cc just as it a good idea to credit another creator if you see an idea on their channel you wish to copy. YT has some pretty strict rules about copyright anyway.

Good Luck :)

Thank you! I'm going to first start a blog like post in the creative area of the forums . Start a story there and see if I can commit to it first. I have a bad habit of starting and stopping stuff . The longest family I had was the saint legacy and photobucket and losing my saves messed that up . I'm trying to figure out a legacy name for my new story ,Male or female , and if they will be supernatural or not . Biggest problem is what world to start in .
    Happy Simming!♥
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Sunnyyesjams A youtuber called Daisie makes a lot of really good sims stories, gameplay mixed with machinima. You should check her out at least if you like that sort of thing.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg