Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

moving with small pet?

aud_limhingaud_limhing Posts: 53 Member
I have YA sim who's about to move out of her parent's place, but I'm trying to figure out how to bring her now ageless Bubalus...Any one have any tips?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2018
    They might travel ok in something like this, which I think can go in personal inventory: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=557383
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Can't you just put the cage in the family inventory, or would it not transfer over once the sim moved out?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    It’s a massive oversight by EA that you can’t put them in your inventory, actually!

I don’t know whether the rodent cages can go in the family inventory, but if they can then this might work:

Put the bubalus cage in the family inventory
    Move the WHOLE family out of their current house and into the house you want the daughter to move out into
    Take the bubalus out of the family inventory and place it in the daughter’s new house
    Move the rest of the family (minus the daughter, of course) back into their new house, leaving the daughter in her new house

You may have to use money cheats in order to get the old house back.

If rodents can’t go in the family inventory, I reckon the only way to do it would be to use a mod.

And, if you don’t want to move mods you could do this:

Save the parents’ house to your library
    Place a copy of the parents’ house down on an empty lot.
    Have the parents move out into the copy of their house, keeping the daughter in the original house
    Rebuild the original house which the daughter lives in so it looks different but remember not to delete the rodent cage

Edit: oops just realised this is a very old thread. Sorry!