Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pleading with the Reaper

So my elderly Sim died & I decided have his son plead for his life. He has been spared but now I'm wondering how much longer that will give him - does it just give an extra day or so? No death flowers were involved only pleading.

Comments

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Yes as the sim is an elder, & their time is up,so if you want that Sim to live longer you have to buy a potion to extend his life, it will also make him younger as it re-sets their life to a previous birthday!
    ~ You will have to go to the "Rewards Store" & get the"Potion of Youth" it costs 1,500 Reward Points,that you earn by for-filling your Sims whims,this is the only way to let your Sim live longer,as Elders die & pleading for their life only adds a day or two to their life!
    ~ As a ghost they can be brought back with Ambrosia, (you will need your skills to be level 10 in Cooking & Fishing to get the ingredients & unlock the recipe!) or if you have the "Whispering Wishing Well" from The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff pack you can wish for life again!
    ~ Sorry for the bad news,but an Elder after being brought back will see the Grim Reaper again,& very soon! Sorry! :'(:'(:'(
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Thanks aussiekarima - it's all good. I don't want him to live for a lot longer & was concerned that he was going to live for another 100 days or something. I only pleaded with the Reaper to see what would happen. He's led a long & fulfilling life & has plenty to leave his two alien sons. Although one is still a child he'll be fine as he has an older, young adult, brother who will take care of him.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

Of note to those who want to have a sim plead with the reaper:
    A death flower is a "plead" and you only get one per death scene, so don't try a regular plead if you have a death flower handy.. if the regular plead fails, your sim is toast.

except if you "quit-without-saving".

NOTE: I believe the original source is Carls Sims 4 Guide but am not 100% certain.
    Well the poor old devil didn't last long - the Grim Reaper didn't even bother to leave the house! My Sim walked into the kitchen, got himself something to eat from the fridge & as soon as he sat down he fell out of his chair - dead! Didn't even get a chance to have a bite of his meal. :(:'(
  • AussiePride85AussiePride85 Posts: 2 New Member
    You have to admit thats kinda funny lol. poor bugger
    You have to admit thats kinda funny lol. poor bugger

It did make me laugh. I thought he might get an extra day or so but I reckon he got about an extra hour at the most!