Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most of my created Sims are…

I love creating Sims, and I’m really curious to see what other Simmers base their Sims on. Have fun, I look forward to reading everyone’s responses :)

Most of my created Sims are… 102 votes

Original characters
63%
CK213Emily4331suzsescianeJessa_DakkarSikoahGraceRhiannon58AmphoraParyCororondreamerz13ApparentlyAwesomejaymancrazmitchiebanjoJoAnne65Sunfisher0SimplyJendothesmustlestarguruFinvola 65 votes
Simmified versions of fictional characters
2%
SuicidalSpidersannaliese39Nikkei_Simmer 3 votes
Simmified versions of real-life people
1%
littlemissgogoilikethesims30 2 votes
A combination of any of the above options
27%
GraceyManorDeshong04MikezumiemorrillcwaddelljillbgGabbyGirlJgamerplaya94TrashmagicTadOlsonCrownSimsZeeGeebudewarminCharlottesmomtretheraTinySpaceFoxGoulsquashSunnyyesjamsSummerRoxyItsJanier 28 votes
Other (specify in comments)
3%
sassygray5ButtersimsZulf_12Teslachick2 4 votes

Comments

• TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I have definitely created a number of Sims from scratch (face, hairstyle, clothing, personality and all), in fact, the two Sims in my avatar are both original characters. But I’ve also created several Sims based on characters from other games, namely Stardew Valley’s bachelors and Civ V’s Alexander. And I don’t think I’m gonna stop anytime soon :tongue:
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    Original characters
    I’ve never liked having sims who are based on real life people. Always found it kind of creepy, especially when having a simself running around. Just my own personal peeve. Lol
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Original characters

I prefer making my own sims rather than using game sims, so most of mine are original. I also love using sims that friends have made. It makes my towns special when I see them wandering around or I'm playing them.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Original characters
    Original,but base a lot of facial features off anime girls comic book women even other video games realistic type 3D models.

@Amphora Are you calling my simself creepy :rage: am going to kidnap your hottie avatar girl and she will spend eternity with my creeper sim.And she will like it cause I cook better than your kitchen fire making pancake burning no culinary skilled sims.

:D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MadMuffieMadMuffie Posts: 47 Member
    I've created simmified versions of real people on request and they went poorly. Mainly I make my own original characters, or simmify characters I use every place else. I have also done some fictional characters, like creating Harkon from Skyrim because I used to read an epic fanfic called Dark Embrace...it has yet to be updated, stuck on over 60 chapters and on a cliffhanger too :/ I'm sure some people can understand how it feels when someone leaves a story on a cliffhanger...for years. Not pressuring the author because they have their own life, but it is a good story. I actually have Harkon on my sims page, not sure if I have updated him yet since I finally got vampires and only made him when I had the base game hehe.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Original characters

@Amphora Are you calling my simself creepy :rage: am going to kidnap your hottie avatar girl and she will spend eternity with my creeper sim.And she will like it cause I cook better than your kitchen fire making pancake burning no culinary skilled sims.

:D

Hey now, my sims do too have culinary skills. :angry:
    tumblr_paho2tJz0p1xq9hdmo1_540.jpg
    They are exceptionally skilled at pouring syrup onto ice.
    tumblr_paho2tJz0p1xq9hdmo3_540.jpg

Except I have to admit the yellow snowcones do bother me a bit. Bad connotations with yellow snow and all :D
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2018
    Original characters
    @amphora :D That made me giggle you haz another awesome.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2018
    Original characters
    I never make sims of real people, or self sims. I personally find it creepy to think of playing with sims ( of myself ) like that. All of mine are original characters. Some are made only as sims, and others I drag around into other games with me, as I feel comfortable with characters I'm already familiar with.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Considering that I play a lot with JAG-Sims...a lot of my sims tend to be a combination of fictional people as well as my own creations. So I figured since I play a lot more with JAG characters, that I'd pick #1. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    Original characters
    I probably should have said combo cause I have done several based on characters from my beloved fantasy & sci-fi books, but I also <3 to do decidedly odd & wacky characters
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Original characters
    Generally original, just birthed from my imagination.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Some anime/manga characters, some my own creations, one SS...
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Original characters
    I've never made a real person other than myself, but I couldn't play her for long because it felt weird. I have created a few fictional characters but these days I prefer to make sims that are unique. This way they don't have to live up to any expectations.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Original characters
    I think I tried once to make a celeb a long time ago but it didn't work out lol. So I just make originals.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Original characters
    When I made a sim version of my real-life house, I decided I should make my family too, as they were when we moved here over 20 years ago. But I am not good at making sims look like specific real people, so none of them looks anything like any of us. So when my two out of state adult children came for a visit a few years ago, I asked them to make their own simselves. I also have a son who still lives in the same state we do, and he made his too. But two of them weren't so good at making their sims look like themselves either. But my oldest son's simself looks exactly like him. I couldn't play him actively, because it feels creepy to me too, but I put him in my town as a resident, and had him join the band my active sim started. And not only does his simself look like him, he also sounds like him and acts like him. It felt like I was hanging out with my son.

Anyway, I have mostly made original sims with whatever names I like for them at the time. But in the past couple of years, I have been using born in game sims more than making new ones. I don't usually keep their original identity, but give them new traits, favorites, LTW's, hair, and clothing. So I don't know if that counts as original sims, but they're not pre-made or made to be like anybody real. Sometimes I make new sims from the pre-made sims in the CAS bin, by changing their gender and/or age.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Original characters
    Original.

Creating sims based on real or fictional characters is too much work for me, it usually doesn't go well. Plus I want to play my own game, my own story. Not somebody else's. I don't want to rewrite anybody else's story either, it's kind of weird to me. Once in a long time I'll take a shot at recreating a character and toss them in the game to see what happens. But I get pretty bored of it pretty quick. Just not my thing.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Original characters
    I love to play the life of characters that only exist in my own mind.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    When I first made my SS, I made her as an elder although I wasn't quite there yet because the only way I could get the features right was to start out as an elder because even adult sims can look very young. I recently made a younger SS based on me in my late 30s/early 40s but she has only been played a couple of times. I like adding my elder SS to households as a live-in nanny or I just leave her in the town and watch her from a distance. I've also made several sims based on celebrities. Generally, though, most of my sims are originals and are made with particular games in mind. I rarely just make sims for the sake of making sims.
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Original characters
    The majority of the sims I use, I create myself in CAS. Sometimes I will save pre-mades that I really like into the sim-bin, but might change their eye color or hair color, give them different names, and completely different traits to make them their own unique sim. The only sim I've created based off a real life person is my SS and it took me hours to create her as I wanted to get her as close to my real life self as possible. But I don't really play with her. I just stick her into the town I'm currently playing in a random house and leave her to her own devices. But my one dream would be to marry her into one of my generational families and see how she would adapt.
    edited July 2018
    At one point I made my RL wife's Sim. :D

Screenshot-13.jpg

...and my friend Noel and Phil. :D

Screenshot-3.jpg

...and my late dad. :D

Screenshot.jpg

...and my mother...

Screenshot-9.jpg

But those are the only sims that I've created based on people close to me (or not so close in the case of the last). :)

And..."Mayumi"-not my mom's real name aka "Mom" didn't last for long in my "Selfacy". >:)

Screenshot-55.jpg
    She always had to be right...so well...OK...if she thought that she could fix the hot tub in the middle of the night...when it's dark out and everyone is asleep...who am I to stop her. >:)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've made sims of myself and new versions of TS2 sims as well as originals in TS3.I do play all of the town residents in most of my games as I do have to play with story progression to make sure they actually will progress as my story progression is the one from NRaas and it's configured just like the story progression in Sims 2.I had to make my simself as a teen since I don't even look anywhere near to adult and am lucky if I can even pass for thirteen.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited July 2018
    I play mostly original sims. I also play sims based on EA sims and a few based on other people's sims I've downloaded but because I don't like EA's standard default features and facial proportions I always give them plastic surgery no matter where the sim came from. I've created sims based on actors and actresses and the characters they play but I use them as models to create original sims. I also create sims by blending genetics of saved sims in CAS and then tweaking them.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Original characters
    I admire those of you who have created your sim-selves or other family members. For me personally, after creating my Sim RL daughter who died in a fire cooking her first meal (this was TS1), I stopped right there recreating anyone I know. I did create a sort of close likeness of myself for the purpose of my forum avatar but I don't use that sim-self in the game.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Original Characters
    -Looked up some general information to create my Greek siblings, Dimitris and Tatiana also Serbian Sim, Daniel.
    Screenshot-337.jpg
    Screenshot-355.jpg
    Screenshot-104.jpg

-Usually, I just go into CAS based on an idea and go from there.
    Screenshot-405.jpg
    Screenshot-406.jpg
    Screenshot-1646.jpg
    Screenshot-626.jpg
    Screenshot-1909.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-564.jpg
    Screenshot-14_(3).jpg
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    Screenshot-87.jpg
    Screenshot-262.jpg
    Screenshot-259.jpg
    Screenshot-493.jpg
    Screenshot-122.jpg
    Screenshot-552.jpg
    Screenshot-326.jpg
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    Screenshot-319.jpg
    Screenshot-489.jpg

One of the generated Sims I liked and didn't change too much.
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Screenshot-11.jpg

Fictional Characters
    -Based on the Barbies from the City Shine series. So far I mainly use them as my make-up models for now.
    Screenshot-171.jpg
    New_York_Apple_with_Neon_Orange.jpg
    Sultry_Seductive_Stare.jpg
    Shop_Shop_Shop.jpg
    Red_Obsessed.jpg
    Blue_Bang.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg

-Based on Johnny Test
    I can't find any screenshots but I did accidentally ended up deleting some of my pictures so it might be gone. However, I still have the Sims saved in my huge library of Sims. It was Hugh, Lila, Johnny, Mary and Susan.

-Based on ReBoot
    Screenshot-7.jpg

-Based on Urbz: Sims in the City (Neon East and The Foundry)
    Screenshot-2680.jpg
    Screenshot-2661.jpg

-Based on The Sims: House Party one of the new characters in CAS
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    The_Sims_House_Party_Cover.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”