Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are not attracted to the skating rink. They prefer to play chess in parks. Why?

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
Basically this is it: I did a lot and put the skating rink. This lot is a park, properly classified as a park.

The problem is that the Sims are not attracted to the skating rink. Adult Sims are MUCH more attracted to playing chess than using this super fun new object from The Sims 4 Seasons. Who prefers to play chess instead of having fun in a skating rink? Some, maybe, but not most Sims going to the lot.

If I put, for example, a playground object for children, like the one that has a ship shape, the kids go crazy just to play on it instead of using the skating rink. It's frustrating. Do you know that swing that was added with The Sims 4 Seasons? The Sims practically do not use it in the parks, children do not even come close, they prefer to use only the playground objects of the base game.

It is extremely frustrating this imbalance over which objects the Sims use or not. We put something on a community lot hoping the Sims will use it, and they have absolutely no interest at all.

7iioDwS.jpg
tenor.gif
Post edited by celipoesias on

Comments

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    This is a major disappointment for me as well.

No attraction to the new objects makes it seem like no one in the world is celebrating the holidays but my played sims.

Looks like sims are mostly drawn to the base game objects and the ones we get later in packs don't get programmed that way even when it makes sense. After Get Together came out, I updated all my pubs in game with Don't wake the llama and darts but sims in these venues ignore them and crowd around TVs and bars instead.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Had sims use the roller rinks in the park THOUGH. they seem to use them more at bars oddly enough. Parks so iffy, I try not to have bookshelves on the lot because sims are always attracted to them. With most parks I build I'll hide the chess tables where they are unreachable and sims will start using more of the objects I specifically want them to use.

I'd REALLY like the General lot to have more use much like the lots with Sims 2. Sims will use anything on any lot at their leisure.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I added water slides and plastic pools to the Sims on a summer day, but they practically paid no attention to those objects added by me. They were just paying attention to what I added to the lots after I deleted those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chess tables.

AaIPNAa.jpg

These chess tables are a real problem.

Producers need to review WITH URGENCY objects that Sims may develop interest in using in community lots, because we add stuff, and Sims simply don't use it at all. It's an irritating and frustrating experience.
    tenor.gif
    I added water slides and plastic pools to the Sims on a summer day, but they practically paid no attention to those objects added by me. They were just paying attention to what I added to the lots after I deleted those plum chess tables.

AaIPNAa.jpg

These chess tables are a real problem.

Producers need to review WITH URGENCY objects that Sims may develop interest in using in community lots, because we add stuff, and Sims simply don't use it at all. It's an irritating and frustrating experience.

I think they're now wary when it comes to new objects being too attractive since there were a lot of situations players absolutely HATED their sims obsessing over new stuff (like the whole situation with basketball for example)

Thank you for checking though, I'm definitely going to delete all chess tables from my community lots today :/

Looks like the swing remains majorly ignored though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @agustd For the parks, the chess tables are essential but you can stash them in a sealed-off underground bunker :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @agustd For the parks, the chess tables are essential but you can stash them in a sealed-off underground bunker :)

Oh right. I never build so I wouldn't know, thanks :)
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Swings have a low attraction to sims compared to other playground equipment an 0.6 compared to a 1.4 (monkey bars) attraction, so swings are rarely used by sims. Attraction on swings needs to be the same attraction to children as the other playground equipment. They should have 2 different attractions on swings one for children and one for the older sims. We don't want to see adult sims being obsessive over swings now.

Skating rings are rarely used by npcs. I have noticed the obsessive behaviors of npcs have with chessboards in parks. Especially if you take a sim to play chess at the park, and try to wrestle the chessboards away from the npcs.