Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Prediction] In which month will we get the next pack?

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    September
    Looks like the September people are going to lose now :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    November
    asap24 wrote: »
    My guess is going to be something similar to my first pets pack, but for seasons. Hopefully even more activities and items for the various seasons

If they do this.Than I will be upset. Just like my first pet stuff, it will feel like they withhold things on purpose. Just to sell it back later

I think if they add things to Seasons they'll be patched in, like more holiday traditions (I use a couple of mods that add traditions, like the wellness activities from Spa Day such as yoga and meditiation). Maybe patch in trick or treating as a rabbit hole activity (you send the kids and teens out and they come back an hour later with goodies), as well as including the Spooky Stuff costumes in the costume tradition if players have the pack installed. The reaction to MFP (which isn't that bad of a pack other than the C&D derivative items) ensured that. If they're going to update the Holiday Celebration Pack that would be a good time to add things for Seasons players.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    November
    4th anniversary statistics :
    • Jan. : 100% of January months got a pack be released
    • Feb. : 50%
    • Mar. : 75%
    • Apr. : 0%
    • May : 50%
    • June : 100%
    • July : 50%
    • Aug. : 50%
    • Sep. : 25%
    • Oct. : 0%
    • Nov. : 50%
    • Dec. : 75%

April being the beginning of the new fiscal year it makes sense for no pack releases that month; they're just getting the new budgets for the year.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    September
    October, the last month which will tell if I was right or wrong.

Are we making side bets? :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2018
    July
    Well we know were getting free content in October so that leaves November open to the next pack. Sadly it's looking like only 1 more pack is coming the last quarter.

Oct Big Update to the Base Game.

Nov EP or GP

Dec Holiday Update. There are still a couple of christmas items missing.

Train Track with a train that goes around the tree.

Mantle Stockings

Poinsettia

Christmas Cookies

Traditional Santa Suits

Maybe more traditional songs added to Winter Holiday eg white christmas.

My guesses anyway.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    July
    im soo funny ha
    November
    Well we know were getting free content in October so that leaves November open to the next pack. Sadly it's looking like only 1 more pack is coming the last quarter.

Nov EP or GP

Mantle Stockings

Poinsettia

Christmas Cookies

Traditional Santa Suits

My guesses anyway.

I don't think we'll get "traditional Santa suits" -- I actually like the Father Winter outfits (though I'd also like a Mother Winter), they feel very European.

There could be an issue with adding music, licensing and such. (I cry a bit when "In The Bleak Midwinter" comes up in the rotation because that was my late mother-in-law's favorite carol/hymn; we had it at her memorial service which did take place during the Advent season.) I'd love both stockings and potted poinsettias though. And there could be other holidays at the same time they could celebrate -- they could do a Yule log, for example, or for Hanukkah add a dreidel for children (and older) to spin, or traditional recipes like latkes (potato and onion optional ingredients to reduce the cost).
    July

Nov EP or GP

Mantle Stockings

Poinsettia

Christmas Cookies

Traditional Santa Suits

My guesses anyway.

I don't think we'll get "traditional Santa suits" -- I actually like the Father Winter outfits (though I'd also like a Mother Winter), they feel very European.

There could be an issue with adding music, licensing and such. (I cry a bit when "In The Bleak Midwinter" comes up in the rotation because that was my late mother-in-law's favorite carol/hymn; we had it at her memorial service which did take place during the Advent season.) I'd love both stockings and potted poinsettias though. And there could be other holidays at the same time they could celebrate -- they could do a Yule log, for example, or for Hanukkah add a dreidel for children (and older) to spin, or traditional recipes like latkes (potato and onion optional ingredients to reduce the cost).

Oh gosh yes I want a yule log with music.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited October 2018
    November
    October 11th is the last chance to announce a Game Pack for this month.

The Terrain Tool Patch is delayed in November it could get an effect on the GP07 released date similar to Gender Patch caused GP03 Dine Out be delayed.

The current status
    ---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  | sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |       |       |         |       |       |BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  | - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  | SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - | - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - | - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  | - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  | - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |
    2018 | SP13  | GP06  | SP14  | - - - | - - - |  EP05   | - - - | - - - | - - - |  ???  |

• komalkomal Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ohmyohmy said:
    > Hmm... I think November.

"The only thing that is constant is change". The game module should focus less on the money spent and more on the time-spent. This will help the ones like us; who are poor, to enjoy the game to the fullest
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Kate already clarified that there won’t be a patch this month.

Which means there won’t be a pack this month, as they must release a patch first before they can release a pack.

So the correct prediction would be either November or December :o
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited October 2018
    July
    I think the next pack will be announced Tuesday and maybe teased Monday. I could be wrong though.
    July
    elelunicy wrote: »

Kate already clarified that there won’t be a patch this month.

Which means there won’t be a pack this month, as they must release a patch first before they can release a pack.

So the correct prediction would be either November or December :o

I'm betting it's November.
    edited October 2018
    November
    I have been betting it's November... since July 4th :p

It's surprising to see only 23% of votes were realistic, 65% were too optimist and 10% were pessimist.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    November
    My guess can still be correct. Plus there is a hugh patch coming out in November. Does that make a pack release more likely?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    July
    Erja888 wrote: »
    My guess can still be correct. Plus there is a hugh patch coming out in November. Does that make a pack release more likely?

Yes it does.

Said patch has terraforming tools,a new career and python update plus November is the most likely time a new pack will release and there is no patch this month. I think the Nov Patch will be a Pre Pack Patch for the base game.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    November
    I think late November maybe even early December. Even if I want witches for Halloween I don't think it's going to happen.

ayyye looks like I'm right! Still sad about no witchy pack but I assumed there wouldn't be an paid content until the end of the year.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    September
    Not surprised its a celebrity pack with the new fashion career. It makes sense and I look forward to learning more. Can't wait for tomorrow .
    WbUrFQm.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    November
    I'm going with November 16th. :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    November
    All of us who guessed Nov. won the internet! I won the guess, yay, yay, I'm a good guesser, yay, yay, logic pays off. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    August
    I don't remember if I voted. But I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say: November.
    November
    The current status
    ---- | jan.  | feb.  | mar.  | apr.  | may   |  june   | july  | aug.  | sep.  | oct.  | nov.  | dec.  |
    2014 |       |       |       |       |       |         |       |       |BG DDU | - - - | - - - | FP01  |
    2015 | GP01  | - - - | EP01  | - - - | SP01  |  SP02   | GP02  | SP03  | SP04  | - - - | - - - | EP02  |
    2016 | SP05  | SP06  | - - - | - - - | - - - |GP03 SP07| SP08  | - - - | - - - | - - - | EP03  | SP09  |
    2017 | GP04  | - - - | SP10  | - - - | GP05  |  SP11   | - - - | SP12  | - - - | - - - | EP04  | - - - |
    2018 | SP13  | GP06  | SP14  | - - - | - - - |  EP05   | - - - | - - - | - - - | - - - | EP06  |

• SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    No more packs this year!
    Get famous and the free update will be the öast thing we get for this year. I say we get a GP in Jan or Feb, and I hope its witches. Vampires also came early in the year. Tho this prob is an invalid argument
    edited October 2018
    July
    Get famous and the free update will be the öast thing we get for this year. I say we get a GP in Jan or Feb, and I hope its witches. Vampires also came early in the year. Tho this prob is an invalid argument

No the Free December Holiday Update will be the last thing we get this year. I mentioned the free holiday update on Twitter and one of the gurus liked it. Also I expect the Gallery Update in December.