Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long does it take you from pressing start till you are in the game?

Comments

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Does deleting cache files speed up load times? Mine are getting very slow.

Yes! I just did that a week ago or so and it helped a lot. I recommend doing that regularly.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    agustd wrote: »

Yes! I just did that a week ago or so and it helped a lot. I recommend doing that regularly.

Can I delete my whole cache folder? Or is there a few files that need to be kept?
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    35.82 sec

I have a very average PC, all the packs, 3 mods and 10 gigs of cc
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Depends on the save. My super buggy legacy takes forever, my new household with 2 Sims about 10 seconds...
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Pretty long... :''D
    My PC's like over 10 years old but I can't currently afford a new one. It does run Sims 4 fairly well even with all the DLC though
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I was clean shaven when I loaded up my Sims game. I now have a Santa Claus beard and just now starting...
    :lol:
    Nah, it's about 2 & 1/2 to 3 minutes.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    The computer I play on is a mid range PC that was a gift, and seems better suited for lots of digital drawing and editing than extreme gaming, but even with all the DLC and 2GB CC it only takes about 1 to 2 minutes max (depending on how large the save is).
    edited July 2018
    ladybreid wrote: »
    35.82 sec

10GB of cc? Wow. And does it play alright? No lag and such?

I try to keep my CC at a minimum because whenever I cross the 1GB mark I notice a huge difference in the camera smoothness and simulation lag appears. I mostly play on my work laptop, but it's a pretty solid mid range machine with an SSD so it's way faster than regular laptops. It runs the game on ultra no problem. I always thought you'd have to play on alienware or something for your game to be able to handle this much CC.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I timed it when I started up the game today and it was about 45 seconds to bring up the main menu screen and roughly 30-40 seconds to load up my largest save. It took about 20 seconds to load up a household
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Almost 1 minute. Without mods or cc.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    35.82 sec

I try to keep my CC at a minimum because whenever I cross the 1GB mark I notice a huge difference in the camera smoothness and simulation lag appears. I mostly play on my work laptop, but it's a pretty solid mid range machine with an SSD so it's way faster than regular laptops. It runs the game on ultra no problem. I always thought you'd have to play on alienware or something for your game to be able to handle this much CC.

no lag

It's just a standard dell my husband ordered as far as I know and has nvidia and I think 8 or 10 gigs of ram its a couple years old but I play most of my games on ultra or high, some mmo's I have to fidget with some settings like distance rendering on WoW when the city is packed.

Now with that said I should add that I currently only have 3 saved games (up from my normal single saves) also I don't play in mansions, I prefer small houses but play a few that are 4/5 bedrooms, even still there are times I keep my household full and still no issues.

Also (not sure if this helps) most of my CC is maxis recolors and all of it is maxis match. The ones that use CC meshes are few and far between and I generally only use if I can see that loads of people have used the same mesh.

I feel like my pc should struggle because it isn't top of the line but it really doesn't.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • -Haner96-Haner96 Posts: 18 Member
    About a minute or so. I'm not bothered about load times though. As long as I'm able to get into the game then I'm happy.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    5 seconds from pressing play to the neighbourhood screen :smile:

15 seconds from neighbourhood to household.
    giphy.gif
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    About 2-4mins.
    I think that is way better then most games I play considering my laptop is not meant for gaming, I have tons of mods and only missing 3 stuff packs amd two expansions.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2018
    I actually just loaded it up to test this out! :D

It takes 40 seconds from Origin to the menu.
    7 seconds from menu to map. That's for a 10 gen legacy save too.

Edit to add: It took 11 seconds to load it to the map a second time. And it took 45 seconds to load from map to household! So longer than to start the game!!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I just timed it for myself and it was 15.08 seconds.
    35.82 sec

no lag

It's just a standard dell my husband ordered as far as I know and has nvidia and I think 8 or 10 gigs of ram its a couple years old but I play most of my games on ultra or high, some mmo's I have to fidget with some settings like distance rendering on WoW when the city is packed.

Now with that said I should add that I currently only have 3 saved games (up from my normal single saves) also I don't play in mansions, I prefer small houses but play a few that are 4/5 bedrooms, even still there are times I keep my household full and still no issues.

Also (not sure if this helps) most of my CC is maxis recolors and all of it is maxis match. The ones that use CC meshes are few and far between and I generally only use if I can see that loads of people have used the same mesh.

I feel like my pc should struggle because it isn't top of the line but it really doesn't.

Thank you for the info :) Our playing habits are very similar. Our machines seem to be similar too, although my laptop is new (bought it at the end of 2015, it also runs a Nvidia card) I also prefer small houses over mansions and I only play one save (that I refresh from time to time when it gets too bloated)

Maybe maxis match is the key. I've recently gotten rid of all my alpha cc, I feel like it was the issue here. I find it hard to believe a computer that runs the game smoothly on ultra can't handle more than 1GB on cc. You inspired me to go cc shopping haha.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    edited July 2018
    I timed it, it took 2 minutes and 4 seconds to get to the main menu. Tried it again, the second time took 1 minute and 48 seconds. It took about 1 minute and 14 seconds (my second attempt) to even see the Sims 4 screen. It didn’t always take so long, it began some time in May.

4 seconds to load a save, 35 seconds to get to the household (what the-usually doesn't take that long, maybe it's cause I had chrome and notepad app running in the background.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Less than a min, if I had to guess I'd say maybe 30 seconds.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    5 seconds to get to the neighborhood screen and 35 seconds to get into my multi-generation (5), 2 story with a basement 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms home, with the back yard loaded with kids and toddler play area, swimming pool, garden, and other stuff.

I also have all packs released, about 250 mods and nearly 8GB of CC.

My much smaller house (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom) much less stuff in backyard, and only on first generation, takes 4ish seconds to neighborhood, and 15 seconds to load into the save.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    On my desktop it's a lot faster than on my gaming laptop but given that's the one I'm playing on since I'm not at home:
    24 secs to main menu
    11 secs to map
    15 secs to household
    50 secs total

On my desktop I think it's around 35 seconds afair.

Not tooo much of a difference on desktop except for loading the map:
    24 secs to main menu
    3 secs to map
    14 secs to household
    41 secs total

So a bit slower than I thought, but 41 secs to load to household (or 50 for that matter) is definitely not much time :D
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    5-10 seconds at the most with all packs.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited July 2018
    citysimmer wrote: »
    It varies- sometime between 30 and 90 secs, sometimes more.

It got a lot slower when I downloaded Seasons. I'lll clear my cache tomorrow.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2018

Can I delete my whole cache folder? Or is there a few files that need to be kept?

Gameplay cache is the file localthumbcache. Delete that file.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    14 seconds from start to map. I haven't timed the rest but it's longer since I've added more mods.